• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nurburg pgr3 videos!

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Shots from this track look less impressive because they don't feature the fantastically modeled buildings from the city tracks. At the press event, I played maybe one race on this track before going back to the New York and Japan ones.

newsguy

It is a fact that Fur burgering just doesn't have that initial "wow" factor as Shibuya or NY. Still, it's a fast track and will probably be the one I play most.

mr2mike

Banned
that's the problem, the guy's driving on a "fast track" with a McLaren F1 GTR and it doesn't look fast, not in the least bit. it looks faster with an MR2SC in GT4.

The rings is fast, but more importantly, it feels fast because it's a track that's ALWAYS throwing something at you, but PGR2's looks too wide, too smooth and handling too forgiving to stress a driver even in the slightest

Gek54

Thought the trees looked kind of weak and m0dus said something about Mario64 trees. Ha!
mario64_3.jpg

Hajaz

mr2mike said:
that's the problem, the guy's driving on a "fast track" with a McLaren F1 GTR and it doesn't look fast, not in the least bit. it looks faster with an MR2SC in GT4.

The rings is fast, but more importantly, it feels fast because it's a track that's ALWAYS throwing something at you, but PGR2's looks too wide, too smooth and handling too forgiving to stress a driver even in the slightest

didnt someone do a lap on the ring in 4 minutes or so in GT4?
the real world absolute record is 6 minutes11s (on a different layout)

real world record for a production car on the track is 7:32 in a porche carrera gt 600+hp..
in the bmw gt4 demo i could get a similar time in a stock bmw 1 series with like 140hp and no assists :lol

needless to say gt4 is simply unrealisticly fast

DCX

DCX
Hajaz said:
didnt someone do a lap on the ring in 4 minutes or so in GT4?
the real world absolute record is 6 minutes11s (on a different layout)

real world record for a production car on the track is 7:32 in a porche carrera gt 600+hp..
in the bmw gt4 demo i could get a similar time in a stock bmw 1 series with like 140hp and no assists :lol

Now that deserves an O-RLY owl!!

DCX

Gek54

Hajaz said:
...needless to say gt4 is simply unrealisticly fast

Hey genius, ever consider that no-one would have the balls to go that fast in real life even if they were in a car that could?

Hajaz

so balls can make you 3 minutes faster eh?
top drivers take it as far as it can go without crashing. period

Gek54

What are the specs of the of the car that set the GT4 time and the car that set the real life record?

Hajaz

i wouldnt know what the specs of the gt4 car were, but it was definitely not a F1 car. The point is noones ever gone under 6 minutes even on the old layout, let alone on the new one

hadareud

The Translator
Gek54 said:
Hey genius, ever consider that no-one would have the balls to go that fast in real life even if they were in a car that could?

Yeah exactly, race drivers have no balls and balls would make them almost 30 % faster. GT4 is no sim, live with it (neither is Forza).

Hajaz

other record :)

just take a look at the records people are posting on rsc's gt4 section and youll see that theres loads of production cars getting unrealistic times

Sander

Hajaz said:

6:55 actually.

//edit I see they've removed the video, I have it in case anyone wants to see it.

Hajaz

Sander said:
6:55 actually.

//edit I see they've removed the video, I have it in case anyone wants to see it.

i said production car didnt i? that means a car that youre allowed to drive on the streets with

Gek54

Hajaz said:
i said production car didnt i? that means a car that youre allowed to drive on the streets with

And you are allowed to SR8 on the street.

Where are the stats on your GT4 record?

Sander

Hajaz said:
Thanks for reading the link.

One the world’s most prestigious production car records was obliterated yesterday (28/9/05) by Michael Vergers in Radical’s extraordinary SR8. In road legal trim and riding on Dunlop Direnza tyres he lapped the infamous 13-mile Nordschleife circuit in just 6 minutes 55 seconds, knocking a massive 20 seconds off the previous best!

Hajaz

Gek54 said:
And you are allowed to SR8 on the street.

Where are the stats on your GT4 record?

my gt4 record? i havent touched the game since i tried the demo

(except from some traces i did for Xlinks implementation)

Just admit it.. real world times and GT4 nurby times are too much appart to be considered realistic.

Hajaz

Gek54 said:
I see a 4:42 in a F1 car for the record.

theres plenty of other cars going under the 28-9-2005 record in case you hadnt noticed, and those records are just from gtp members.
Youre avoiding the real issue. the times are simply way off

Gek54

That 601hp Audi with the 5:28 record is over 1000lbs lighter that the Carrera GT and that Audi is not a production car.
2001-Audi-R8.jpg

Hajaz

your point beeing?
look at the entire list. you think each of those cars faster then 6:55 could do those times in real life?

Ranger X

What's up with the cockpit shaking? I like the video but i can't feel right with the car. I feel the car shakes but not the rest. When on a real car, everything shakes, you can't tell if it's your car or an earthquake or something.
R Factor and then PGR3 --- those cockpit view makes me feel "meh".

Gek54

Hajaz said:
your point beeing?
look at the entire list. you think each of those cars faster then 6:55 could do those times in real life?

Where is your evidence that these emensly more powerfull and lighter RACE cars couldnt?

Gek54 said:

Not just that, but those really fast time are done in practice mode with the super soft tires. In that mode those tires never wear out so you can go extremely fast through the entire course without worrying about losing grip. Out of practice mode on the Nur those tires get eaten alive fast.

"Not just that, but those really fast time are done in practice mode with the super soft tires. In that mode those tires never wear out so you can go extremely fast through the entire course without worrying about losing grip. If those same people tried to get those 4m times with the same car out of practice mode they wouldn't get to it because the grip on those tires get eaten alive on the Nur when they're out of practice mode."

I think you just shat all over Gek's argument.

Hajaz

:lol
06:40.682 Audi S4 '03

why has noone done that in real life then?

whats even sader is that the fastest time , 4:45 was done with a ds2 instead of a dfp. thats realism for ya

why dont you provide me some proof that anyones ever done under 6 minute times irl?

if gt4 doesnt behave realisticly in practise mode, that just disqualifies it as a sim.

even with tirewear on you an get unrealistic times.

You can whine all you want. the fact is that the gt series are considered as an arcade game by the entire sim community. It behaves nothing like a sim

Not quite, since it's completely speculatory as is. You don't know *what* someone would do. He just proved that it's impossible for them to do anyway.

Hajaz said:
You can whine all you want. the fact is that the gt series are considered as an arcade game by the entire sim community. It behaves nothing like a sim

Strangely, Jeremy Clarkson disagrees with you

This game would only be more real if a big spike shot out of the screen and skewered your head every time you crashed. In fact that’s the only real drawback: that you can hit the barriers hard without ever damaging you or your car.

On the Nur in GT4

The track really is devastatingly accurate, even down to the graffiti that has been painted by motor racing fans on the tarmac over the years. Maybe some of the bumps are missing, and there’s one braking point that is completely wrong, but if you’re planning on going to the Ring this summer, get the game first. You’ll save yourself a fortune and stand a much smaller chance of being killed to death.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1722790,00.html

"Strangely, Jeremy Clarkson disagrees with you"

(I *do not* question Clarkson's credentials), I wonder how many other racing sims Clarkson's played. I'm certain he'd much rather be on the track than playing a game, so I wonder how many others he's played. I mean, in comparison to PGR, Mario Kart, etc., yeah it's "real."

Appeal to authority aside, how many sims have *you* played, SSX? Besides GT4. You readiness to quote someone else's experience makes me question if you haven't played any others to form an opinion of your own.

Teknopathetic said:
Appeal to authority aside, how many sims have *you* played, SSX? Besides GT4.

I don't get around to PC sims at all if that's what you're wondering. I play the stuff on consoles though, the last one other than GT4 I played was Forza. I pretty much know there are more realistic ones on there though. My point with those quotes was to show that saying GT is equivalent to an arcade racer is crazy.

Top Bottom