• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nurburg pgr3 videos!

Gek54

Hajaz said:
:lol
06:40.682 Audi S4 '03

why has noone done that in real life then?

Has anyone tried?

whats even sader is that the fastest time , 4:45 was done with a ds2 instead of a dfp. thats realism for ya

Guess what, I am beating people's lap times in GTR using my new xbox 360 controler...oooh shock and horror as someone made it possible to effectively control a car with an analog stick, this cannot be true.

why dont you provide me some proof that anyones ever done under 6 minute times irl?

I cannot find any site that has any records of times from race cars that are in GT4.

if gt4 doesnt behave realisticly in practise mode, that just disqualifies it as a sim.

I can change settings in GTR that make it unrealistic, does that diqualify GTR as a sim?

even with tirewear on you an get unrealistic times.

For example?

You can whine all you want. the fact is that the gt series are considered as an arcade game by the entire sim community. It behaves nothing like a sim

Most of the sim comunity are PC snobs that either dont have a console or they would never admit a console game could be realistic.

Gek54

Find the fastest real life lap time for a certain stock car that you can find in GT4 and then see if you can beat that time with simulation tires.

Speevy

Banned
Gek54:

When PGR3 is released and scores 9.5's and such across the board (my prediction), will you disappear from all of its threads? (That is, assuming you don't plan to own the game and the Xbox 360)

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Hajaz said:
:lol
06:40.682 Audi S4 '03

why has noone done that in real life then?

It might be because an S4 doesn't come with 562hp stock. Nor is it equipped with competition grade R-compound tires. And it certainly doesn't weigh only 3029.4 pounds.

CLICK

Thanks for playing.

Gek54 said:
Find the fastest real life lap time for a certain stock car that you can find in GT4 and then see if you can beat that time with simulation tires.

Just had a go with the Audi S4 '03 for a five lap run.

Real

8:29 -- Audi S4 4.2 Avant, 344 PS/1826 kg (Sport Auto 11/2003)

http://www.exoticarforums.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-18.html

GT4

8'29.228 -- Audi S4 '03 , 345 PS/1826 kg -- N2 Tyres

audi8ew.jpg

Great fun -- GT4 Nurburgring rocks :D

N2s are the simulation tyre, Gek?

Sander said:
Clicky. It's at the bottom.

Thanks, some good online videos there too. Are those through Xlink?

"Most of the sim comunity are PC snobs that either dont have a console or they would never admit a console game could be realistic."

I haven't seen a single post on rscnet or blackhole that supports this. At most, I've seen them point out the flaws in the driving model (which hey, you've done with other games yourself). I won't call GT4 an arcade game, but I wouldn't call it a "racing sim," either.

On a non-BS argument topic: If anyone wants to kick my ass in rFactor, I'm up for a race every now and then.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Wax Free Vanilla said:
Hajaz, what game does have comparable laps to real life laps?

OutRun 2

eso76

You guys are forgetting something when judging the sense of speed by these videos.
These movies are very low quality, the street became solid gray. When you see all the tiny details on the asphalt moving fast underneath your car and close to the camera you'll perceive a much greater sense of speed.
With videos this quality the only things you see moving are trees and those are too far from the camera to move fast or give an idea of how fast the car is moving.

Hajaz

i'll just say this: the braking is completely off in the GT series. theres no way you can brake like that irl without crashing. thats the main diff between the gt series and a true sim.
Thats a pretty significant difference. since braking correctly is pretty much the most important aspect of driving a car
If you never played a pc sim extensively with all assists off then you shouldnt really comment

GT is an arcade game that tricks the user into thinking theyre playing a sim.
the truth is, if it was a real sim, it wouldnt sell 10% of what its selling now because most people find would find it too hard to enjoy it.
Polyphony simply dumbs it down for sales sake. noone wants to play a game that takes them ages to master on a console. thats why these console racers have far bigger budgets then pc sims. they sell more.

cant find any record times for the cars that go faster then 6:55 in gt4? doesnt that tell you something?
Cant find a real car thats tuned up like to the same specs as the ones in gt4?
ya. thats prolly coz it isnt a true sim

oh, and i can assure you the pc sim crowd is far less snobbistic then the ps2 crowd ;)

Gek54

Hajaz said:
i'll just say this: the braking is completely off in the GT series. theres no way you can brake like that irl without crashing.

Are you talking about how GT games will not let you lock your tires if brake going straight? If you brake hard and you are pulling lateral Gs you will spin. Someone would miss being able to lock their tires? You cant be hardcore if you cant lock your tires!!!

cant find any record times for the cars that go faster then 6:55 in gt4? doesnt that tell you something?
Cant find a real car thats tuned up like to the same specs as the ones in gt4?
ya. thats prolly coz it isnt a true sim

I cant find any lap times at all for cars with better specs, this only tells me that these cars are either not allowed for whatever reason or no one is willing to try...or they are just not widely known on the internet.

Hajaz

?
you mean these?
urg0231.jpg

urg0221.jpg

1.jpg

who brought up rfactor anyway? its a platform for modders, the default content is just placeholder stuff

Hajaz

once theyre officially released ;)

but if you want some data right now, try rf's formula IS on a f1c converted track like suzuka.
if you drive a perfect lap youll be a few seconds slower then the real wold F1 top times.
and thats a so called "fantasy car"

Top Bottom