• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces the GTX 980 Ti | $650 £550 €605

finalflame

So, have they all sold out already or have they not put up any stock despite the product page being up? Tried to order two and it say they were already out of stock :/

I guess buying a 980 a month ago was a little silly. Oh well, I should be able to sell it here in Canada for a decent price that'll make upgrading to this easier.

knitoe

I guess buying a 980 a month ago was a little silly. Oh well, I should be able to sell it here in Canada for a decent price that'll make upgrading to this easier.

That's why you always want to buy cards around launched. The longer you wait the closer to new card will launch and you will regret buying the old one.

Skyzard

Banned
Can it run hairworks without dropping a resolution or halving the framerate though...

Still. Should be able to smooth out some recent games at 2560 and bump up some more settings to ultra that my 780ti couldn't do. I'll take the bump in framerate and settings but feels like there isn't much oh shit star citizen okay cool.

Superclocked EVGA one went up on PCCG (Australia) for 999 instead of 1050. Also says it comes out today instead of tomorrow.

Tempting.

I'll be F5ing the page all day to see new model listings go up.

Interested, but really wanna see the 390x first. i7-2700k should still last me but 1440p may be too far a stretch for future titles. Patience.

knitoe

Anyone buying one. You don't need the factory OC ones, unless the price is about the same. They should easily OC those speeds. And, get one with a aftermarket cooler. If they are anything like my Titans X, they will hit thermal limits quick, unless you run the fans at fast loud speeds. I don't so will be replacing them with EVGA AC+ coolers.

AmyS

Finally, Big Maxwell in a non-Titan card.

980 Ti is pretty tempting, $650.

GTX 460 1GB ====> 980 Ti 6GB would be a massive upgrade.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Bought a GTX 980 via newegg ~10 days ago

What are my odds of a return / exchange? 😯

Newegg GPU return policy:

Replacement Only Return Policy

Return for refund within: non-refundable
Return for replacement within: 30 days
This is our Replacement Only Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states "This item may be returned for a replacement within 30 days only") must be returned to Newegg within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same item. If the original item is no longer available, a Gift Card in the amount of the price originally paid will be issued. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.Products subject to this policy cannot be returned for a refund.

Sorry breh you're stuck :(

hugyoubro.gif~original

\
This is why I buy everything through Amazon Prime.

XBP

Pretty nice pricing from Nvidia but I get a feeling that they know what the 390x performs like and wanted to undercut it pricing wise. The ball is in AMD's court now. Doesn't matter how the 390x performs, if its more expensive than the 980ti, AMD will once again loose this battle.

Should I feel bad for having just bought a 980 (MSI Gaming 4G)? lol

I do, and I bought mine 5 months ago. Pretty much planning to scrap it as soon as store I can order at locally has these in stock(preferably an equally quiet MSI one). Also hoping the price hike for Europe isn't too insane.

Skyzard

Banned
Anyone buying one. You don't need to factory OC unless the price is about the same. They should easily OC. And, get one with after market cooler. If they are anything like my Titans X, they will hit thermal limits quick unless you run the fans at loud speeds. I don't so will be replacing them with EVGA AC+ coolers.

Is thermal limit the maximum - 92 degrees celsius ?

It doesn't prevent that with the default fan profile? What do you have to raise it to?

Probably going to hold out for a nice sc version.

This card is designed for us 780Ti owners to upgrade to.

Trust your heart, you know you want this.

Used 780ti cards are selling for around $250-300 on Ebay right now, so that would put the upgrade cost if you can get it around $350-400.

That's tempting, as used 780ti prices are going to start dropping fast.

Head.spawn

So if Nvidia is going all out like this, that can only mean that the 390/x is going to be pretty awesome, right? Nvidia does not toss a bone lightly.

When is AMD dropping 300 series?

knitoe

Is thermal limit the maximum - 92 degrees celsius ?

It doesn't prevent that with the default fan profile? What do you have to raise it to?

Probably going to hold out for a nice sc version.

At default, once they hit 82C, the card starts downclocking and fan really kicks in. You can raise it to 90C, but it's even more loud.

mjp2417

Banned
So if Nvidia is going all out like this, that can only mean that the 390/x is going to be pretty awesome, right? Nvidia does not toss a bone lightly.

When is AMD dropping 300 series?

Most likely E3. AMD is sponsoring a PC press conference where they are expected to announce launch details.

Darknight

OK thank you. I got one because I read years ago its made by seasonic or something and that it was a beast.

Glad its still a good one for this type. No OC btw.

Im possibly gonna wait for this 980ti to have a non reference card made and get one of those credit cards that offer "spend $500+, get $xxx back" card!! Love making those moves hehehe.

Top Bottom