• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces the GTX 980 Ti | $650 £550 €605

Par Score

Holy shit, that's a great price. Definitely tempting for my upcoming upgrade, although if this nudges the 970 down then I might still cheap out.

AMD need to do... something, and it better be special.

Banned
So tempting to order off Nvidia's site and get it over with. Must stay strong.

I'm in the same boat. I almost checked out but want the superclock :). Stay strong brother.

Nvidia be like

Mic-Drop.gif

Great price, great performance. Still definitely sticking to my 980's in SLI though. That said, I think these cards will be HUGE. They're going to sell like hotcakes. Titan X performance for 2/3's of the price.

Great price, great performance. Still definitely sticking to my 980's in SLI though. That said, I think these cards will be HUGE. They're going to sell like hotcakes. Titan X performance for 2/3's of the price.

Its just like it was with the GTX 780 and the original Titan... People didn't learn then either...

Credo

I don't usually follow GPU releases. How long will it be before ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc., all release their versions of the 980 Ti?

hitgirl

I don't usually follow GPU releases. How long will it be before ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc., all release their versions of the 980 Ti?

EVGA pictures and information are already out. Seems like ASUS hasn't released anything, but ASUS is usually a bit late. Which is why they are usually way better than EVGA cards.

Credo

EVGA pictures and information are already out. Seems like ASUS hasn't released anything, but ASUS is usually a bit late. Which is why they are usually way better than EVGA cards.

Thanks. I was putting off upgrading anything until I built a new PC after the new Intel CPUs are released, but I may give in and get this card a bit early after some of the other manufacturers' versions are released.

This is making the wait for Skylake very difficult.

This is what I'm doing: I'm buying the 980 Ti to put in my Sandy Bridge i7 2600k rig, and when skylake comes out, I'll put the 980 Ti in that one, then put my 780 Ti back in the 2600k rig as a secondary/testing rig.

Call me crazy but I'm considering taking advantage of the EVGA step-up program since I just bought my 970 a few days ago. Though I'm still weary about spending an additional $350 on a card, when I think the 970 should be good enough for my needs until Pascal drops.

But not every game handles Sli well, some even break with Sli enabled.

For sure true. But in those cases a single 980ti performs at almost the exact same level as a Titan X even by itself.

If someone is deciding between 980ti SLI and a single Titan X I see no reason to get the one Titan.

Smokey

I almost feel bad for titan x owners if I wasn't upgrading to this, kinda ridiculous.

Was the 780ti released this quickly after the first Titan?

So much pity for Titan X owners. Majority of us are just fine, thanks lol. Stop worrying about us and enjoy this 980Ti at a great price point :)

I wonder what TitanX's will resell for now that this is out. Can't imagine many will find the extra 6GB VRAM to be worth it. I've personally seen more than 6GB used, but it's rare.

Top Bottom