• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces the GTX 980 Ti | $650 £550 €605

x3sphere

This thing is neck and neck with the Titan X, wow.

I might be regretting my purchase. :(

Sell it and get 980 Ti then... you can probably get back what you paid minus fees and such. It's still top dog so people will continue to pay a premium for it that don't care about price/performance.

Personally I would just keep it though. If you bought a TX in the first place a $300 or so difference can't be that big of a deal.

Searching for 980ti on new egg pulled up results for the 980 before but now it pulls up 0 items. It's maybe happening/switching things around?

dmr87

Even though I don't see myself getting a new AMD card I'll probably wait until after E3 to see how things pan out.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
They could price it at under 600 bucks then? AMDs card seems perfect for 1080p gaming

Supposedly they are aiming to start a premium brand though, and based on rumors/leaked benches it outperforms the Titan X. It doesn't make a lot of sense to create a premium brand but position the card the same way they would if it was "just" the 390X.

It would be great to see AMD price their new card at $600, but it just seems very unlikely based on the rumored/leaked details.

So how much is this going to affect the prices of 970's, 980's and AMD's equivalent? Are drops across the board expected once AMD announcements are made?

do prices of previously released gpus usually drop fast? i have sli 970s now which work great but if the 980s drop i would move to them as i can get a full refund for my 970s

Yeah which is why I'm also hoping brick and mortar shops are getting stock this week too, even if I have to pay tax
I remember when the Rog Swift was new and out of stock everywhere I'd go to bed with my laptop and one of those sites open that sets off an alarm when something comes in stock. At 3 am I got woken up and managed to get one, huzzah :p

Skyzard

Banned
So how much is this going to affect the prices of 970's, 980's and AMD's equivalent? Are drops across the board expected once AMD announcements are made?

It will have to at that price won't it? ...980 is £550 here basically... If it was priced £200 higher they wouldn't have to but seems like they want to wipe out amd to play it safe.

Hm maybe I will give my wife the GTX 980 and get myself a GTX 980 Ti.
wtzgU.gif

Korezo

do prices of previously released gpus usually drop fast? i have sli 970s now which work great but if the 980s drop i would move to them as i can get a full refund for my 970s

I read 980s dropping to $499. I also have sli970 and thinking of getting rid of them for a Ti but I on 1080p right now and don't know if Ill lose or gain performance going from a 970sli to a single 980ti at 1080p.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Better than $800! I'm still gonna take my sweet time and wait some more. Common AMD, don't fail me now. Need that competition.

When is the optimum time to upgrade from my R7 260?

I kind of want a 980.

Would a 500W power supply be able to handle a 980 or would I need to upgrade?

Panda Rin

Man, that's a great price...don't think I'd be willing to pay that much for it though.

Will wait until the successor of the 970/980 comes out (sometime in early 2016?).

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Damn, tempted to drop my 760 at this point, that's real nice price-wise.

But the 10 series improvements, ugh.

Supposedly they are aiming to start a premium brand though, and based on rumors/leaked benches it outperforms the Titan X. It doesn't make a lot of sense to create a premium brand but position the card the same way they would if it was "just" the 390X.

It would be great to see AMD price their new card at $600, but it just seems very unlikely based on the rumored/leaked details.

Is at e3 amd is going to announce it? 980 ti seems like a great OCer and outperforms the titan x when OCed

Amd releasing their card at more than 650 bucks wouldnt make much sense, especially since its rumored to be 4gb

Maffis

I will probably just buy another 970 down the year when they get cheaper and use SLI. With my 1080p screen I won't need such a beast of a card yet. And yeah, they're expensive as fuck in Sweden; almost 900 dollars.

Xdrive05

Great price for today's gaming GPU market. Only $100 more than I paid for my 980 not that long ago.

AMD, your move.

Got a 620w PSU so I'm making the cut just barely

This is my new card though. When I thought it was $800 I was less enthused but shit man $650 is alright with me

Top Bottom