• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia announces the GTX 980 Ti | $650 £550 €605

Wallach

This is a despicable practice on NVIDIA's part and shows their true character. How dare they release this just to spite AMDs release of their new cards. Hopefully AMD will out perform with their HBM. Just goes to show, the only thing NVIDIA cares about is money. Hmph.

I genuinely can't tell with this post. Good job.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This thing is neck and neck with the Titan X, wow.

I might be regretting my purchase. :(

Not really sure why they do this.....i cant really see the benefit of a titan x at this point. I mean by the time the extra 6gb are useful youll have faster clock speed.

And i should be fine with a 600w corsair right??

Kezen

Banned
the 300 series are probably just rebadged 200 series
With more VRAM and maybe architecture refinements. Not bad at all and they'll most likely be competitive when it comes to perf/$€.

I can't see Arkham being more demanding than TW3.
I can.

GameWorks-Games-Batman-Arkham-Knight.jpg

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
That's a damn good price and simply way too good of a product. Really hope that AMD can bring something to the table. This is the original titan to 780ti all over again.

Momentary

Banned
Not really sure why they do this.....i cant really see the benefit of a titan x at this point. I mean by the time the extra 6gb are useful youll have faster clock speed.

And i should be fine with a 600w corsair right??

Small businesses that need a cheaper workstation solution than buying a QUADRO?

Naminator

Banned
650$?
But I thought that the greedy evil bastards at Nvidia would only sell this for $998 so it does not encroach on Titan X sales?

El_Chino

As an EU resident, my knowledge tells me it depends upon the State in the U.S. as well as from where it was purchased (e-tailers can avoid sales tax in some places).

Even then, it is rarely as high as a VAT.

RIP AMD

the 300 series are probably just rebadged 200 series

Top of the line 300 cards don't seem to be rebagged. Isn't the GTX 980ti a cut down Titan X?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
EU price is crazy high, borderline Titan X prices at one shop. Really want one but the prices aren't looking good :(
So in the USA you pay $175tax for a $650 card?
That's better than the € price.
It varies by state. Oregon for example has 0% sales tax while in California it's between 7.5% - 10%.

It'll be a disaster for AMD if they truly are waiting until E3 especially if they don't start shipping them until later after they announce the new cards.

Every day they wait somebody will just be pushed towards a 980 TI unless Nvidia has supply issues.

So AMDs new card is going to beat this and be priced lower....right?

There are more things than just price. TDP etc. Every time I upgrade my GPU, I really do take a look at AMD and every time they let me down in other areas to justify staying on the green team. When the 290x came out, it was cheaper than the 780 Ti, but was only available with stock coolers, less energy efficient, louder, and hotter. I'm not going to support a company just to support the under dog. If they turn things around, I'm not loyal to one company and would gladly jump ship.

arevin01

AMD would need to have a card that beats Titan X performance or at least equal at a cheaper price than $650 or they would be DOA

TSM

Whoa, the new driver 353.06 supports g-sync in windowed mode. Awesome.

Gaming Technology
Supports G-SYNC technology in windowed mode, offers both G-SYNC (V-SYNC on) and G-SYNC (V-SYNC off) options, support for Ultra-Low Motion Blur (ULMB) in the NVIDIA Control Panel, provides Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) for notebooks with discrete GeForce GPUs, and optimizations and bug fixes which can provide increased performance for Kepler-based GPUs.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Leaked benchmarks show it beating Titan X. So it's possible

It's unlikely to be cheaper though, if AMD is going for "Titan-like" branding. I wouldn't be surprised to see it run at $800-$850 while their Hawaii refresh/390X comes in at $400 or something (and beats the 980 but not the 980Ti).

Skyzard

Banned
I almost feel bad for titan x owners if I wasn't upgrading to this, kinda ridiculous.

Was the 780ti released this quickly after the first Titan?

Top Bottom