• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia Believes GPU Shortages Will Start to Ease in Second Half Of 2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to a recent report from Tom's Hardware, the chief financial officer of Nvidia, Colette Kress, has said that the company is "feeling better" in terms of supplies as things move into Q2 and beyond for 2022. The information comes from a presentation given at the 24th Annual Needham Growth Conference. Kress said the company has been in talks with its partners to "increase the availability" of products.

Lies No GIF

kingfey

Banned
I kinda need one fast. My pc is getting fried these days. Hope they dont get scalped to death, once there is supplies.

...the company is "feeling better" in terms of supplies as things move into Q2 and beyond for 2022... Kress said the company has been in talks with its partners to "increase the availability" of products.
I hate to be so negative, but IMO at this point in the chip shortage when real solutions like new manufacturing facilities opening are years away, it's a bit upsetting hearing them talk about feelings and being in talks.

Nvidia expects to somehow beat everybody else competing for components this year? I would like to see that.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Even if that does happen, nvidia’s RTX 4000 series of cards is expected to launch Q4 as it will have been 2 years since Ampere launched. Then everyone and their mother will be trying to get the latest and greatest and then the cycle starts all over again.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I hate to be so negative, but IMO at this point in the chip shortage when real solutions like new manufacturing facilities opening are years away, it's a bit upsetting hearing them talk about feelings and being in talks.

Nvidia expects to somehow beat everybody else competing for components this year? I would like to see that.
Isn't Nvidia's tech less resource hungry?

Top Bottom