• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Unveiled For $349 US – 1920 Cores, 6 GB GDDR6 Memory, Faster Than GTX 1070 Ti

EssKayZee

Source: Wccftech

NVIDIA has officially announced their latest Turing graphics card, the GeForce RTX 2060.

The GeForce RTX 2060 is going to launch on 15th of January for a price of $349 US for founders edition. At the same time, custom models would also be available from NVIDIA’s AIB partners.

Specifications:

Code:
Base Clock:    1365 MHz
Boost Clock:    1680 MHz
Memory:    Up To 6 GB GDDR6
Memory Speed:    14.00 Gbps
Memory Interface:    192-bit
Memory Bandwidth:    336 GB/s
CUDA Cores:    1920 Cores
TMUs/ROPs:    120/48
GigaRays:    5 Giga Rays/s
Compute:    6.5 TFLOPs

Gaming Performance:

When comparing performance at 1440p, the RTX 2060 leads or matches the GTX 1070 Ti in 15 different AAA titles. This is a bigger improvement over 1080p while over the GTX 1080, the RTX 2060 leads in 3 titles and coming really close to the rest.

Ray Tracing Performance:

Performance is actually similar to that of the RTX 2070 with RTX enabled. Following are some numbers:

Battlefield V: RT Off: 90 FPS
Battlefield V: RT On + DLSS Off: 65 FPS
Battlefield V: RT On + DLSS On: 88 FPS

The card would get a bundle promotion with the selected AAA titles being either Battlefield V or Anthem.

More information on link.

Last edited:

Ascend

$350 is just absurd.

Vega 2 needs to deliver
You can thank the consumers for that. They blindly paid for anything nVidia despite the rising prices and nVidia's shady business practices, they didn't ever go for AMD options even when they were better, and now everyone wants to complain.

Mattyp

Gold Member
$350 is just absurd.

Vega 2 needs to deliver

AMD hasn't delivered for since I can remember now a generation? I think the last cards I had that delivered was 6950s in crossfire, nvidia know this and can get away with charging nearly what they please.

Last edited:
Boost Clock: 1680 MHz
Memory Speed: 14.00 Gbps

C'mon silicon lottery +250 on the core and at least +500 on the memory. I'm fixin to pick one up over my current 1060 6gb if independent testing shows the card to be close to a 1080.

Ramzy

Can't wait to pay $1000 for this in Australia.

I skipped the 10 series because my 980Ti was chugging along just fine but 20 series comes out and it's $2200+ for the Ti edition ($1568 USD).

Praying for the day AMD pulls their finger out and delivers a banger so I can upgrade without burning a hole in my pocket.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Boost Clock: 1680 MHz
Memory Speed: 14.00 Gbps

C'mon silicon lottery +250 on the core and at least +500 on the memory. I'm fixin to pick one up over my current 1060 6gb if independent testing shows the card to be close to a 1080.
Very doubtful since that is what the 2070 is at right now. 1070 Ti is much more likely.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
AMD hasn't delivered for since I can remember now a generation? I think the last cards I had that delivered was 6950s in crossfire, nvidia know this and can get away with charging nearly what they please.
Vega and the 580s in terms of performance are competitive with the 1060/70/80.

What would define competitive for you?

ethomaz

Banned

RX 480/580/590 you can probably say that even when it power consumption and heat are crazy high.

Vega was never competitive in performance plus elevated the Polaris issues with a new level.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
RX 480/580/590 you can probably say that even when it power consumption and heat are crazy high.

Vega was never competitive in performance plus elevated the Polaris issues with a new level.
What do you mean never competitive? The Vegas have always traded blows with the 1070s and even 1080.
The Vega 64 can be found for as low as $400 right now and that isn't a terrible deal.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...=Vega 64&cm_re=Vega_64-_-14-202-326-_-Product
In terms of power consumption, Vega 64 is quite high.

Mattyp

Gold Member

Power that doesn't nearly start a house fire and having better performance that actually beats the nvidia cards when they launched over a year later than the 1000 series.

ethomaz

Banned
What do you mean never competitive? The Vegas have always traded blows with the 1070s and even 1080.
The Vega 64 can be found for as low as $400 right now and that isn't a terrible deal.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202326&Description=Vega 64&cm_re=Vega_64-_-14-202-326-_-Product
In terms of power consumption, Vega 64 is quite high.
You mean a year late card trading blows with not high-end cards anymore with huge discrepancy in power consumptions and heat?

I will never call that competitive.

Arun1910

Why are people mad about the price?

A GTX 1070 Ti in the UK costs around £400 - £440.

If this card performs better and is $350 for a Founders, that means it will probably be £350 in the UK because conversion doesn't exist. And that still makes it cheaper than a 1070Ti and it's better?

Or am I completely missing something here?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Why are people mad about the price?

A GTX 1070 Ti in the UK costs around £400 - £440.

If this card performs better and is $350 for a Founders, that means it will probably be £350 in the UK because conversion doesn't exist. And that still makes it cheaper than a 1070Ti and it's better?

Or am I completely missing something here?
Because $350 used to be the price for the 70-series. The Geforce 970s MSRP was $329 and the 1070s MSRP was $379.

Of course I recognize this is the founders edition price

However, 6GB memory is pure shit.

Last edited:

Ramzy

Of course I recognize this is the founders edition price

However, 6GB memory is pure shit.

What is the board partner situation in the rest of the world?

In Aus the board partner RTX2080Ti's are going $100-200 more than FE for whatever reason.

Also yeah, 6GB is joke status.

Ivellios

Im holding of on buying a RX580/1060 because i was waiting for this card announcement and on AMD Navi.

So for those of you who understand this more than i do, this card is not a good deal at this price then? (Way more on my country)

Power that doesn't nearly start a house fire and having better performance that actually beats the nvidia cards when they launched over a year later than the 1000 series.
Power consumption wasn't even that bad, worse than nVidia but it's not like you needed more than a decent 500 watt PSU to power a computer with an AMD card. The only way AMD wasn't competitive is if you only buy the highest end cards, which 99% of people don't.

A Vega or RX 570/580 with a freesync monitor is a damn fine experience.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
It's funny that everytime people talk about good AMD GPU performance people jump on power consumption, when you can easily undervolt your card for better perf.......Or if you have any decent power supply which is peanuts actually, you can run a Vega card easily.....Persons are here talking about mid-high end cards but want to cry about power consumption.......If you're into the conversation of $400-1200.00 cards, you can't possibly have a 150w generic powersupply in your system can you?

We'll see how these cards stack up to AMD offerings.....Vega 64 can now be had for $400.00 at newegg with 3 games...

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...=vega 64&cm_re=vega_64-_-14-202-326-_-Product

Vega 64 beats the 1070ti...So the new Vega cards at 7nm should ramp up performance significantly at a lower power ratio, much higher clocks, more bandwidth, higher HBM clocks......Yet, if I had to buy a Vega 64 vs a 2060, I'd buy the Vega 64 @$400.00 in a heartbeat......because it's the better deal atm.......Yet better AMD GPU's are coming, so if the old ones looks better over the new gen ones now at a close price ratio, then the new cards will knock it out the park where they fix all the issues Vega had..

In the here and now, we know the price of the 2060 and it's general performance, though I'd like to see tests....but this is how a $400.00 Vega card compares to an RTX 2070....

Don't just look at the framerate, look at the graphs on the Vega side, much smoother, much more spikes on the RTX 2070's side.....So there's less stutter on AMD cards......Also, that 6Gb on the 2060 is appalling tbh...You're going to get even more stutter on that card.....

manfestival

Nvidia greed is so real. This whole pricing scheme is a middle finger to the consumer. Yet the consumers as a whole keep letting it happen.

Ascend

Power consumption is only an issue when it happens to AMD. When nVidia had double the power consumption for 5% more performance, no one complained about the power. It's so bad, that people prefer to go for 3.5GB of RAM (that was supposed to be 4GB) rather than more than twice the RAM for a bit more power consumption.

Last edited:

Thanati

Can't wait to pay $1000 for this in Australia.

I skipped the 10 series because my 980Ti was chugging along just fine but 20 series comes out and it's $2200+ for the Ti edition ($1568 USD).

Praying for the day AMD pulls their finger out and delivers a banger so I can upgrade without burning a hole in my pocket.
I still have my 980ti and love it. Doubt I’m going to change until the next revision.

llien

Bringing midrange to $350 point. Well played.

If rumors of early Q3 7nm Navi are true and nVidia really not having anything 7nm until 2020, prepare for some fun.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I mean, it does not perform that much worse than a 2070, it has all the Tensor/RT stuff, and it costs this much. Its still a hefty price tag, especially considering previous models, but you do get more future proof hardware in this one than previous releases.

Though, i assume the rumored GTX 1160 will make the cut aswell, and for less. A 1920 core RTX-less 2060 would still be a worthy upgrade and be quite a bit cheaper (say, 275-325 maybe?)

Redneckerz

Any point in upgrading from a 1070, gaming @1080p?
RTX 2060 is almost the same as 1070Ti performance plus RTX features.

From a 1070 non-Ti, the upgrading is not that much, and i would advise against upgrading unless you want to future proof yourself with the latest tech.

Ivellios

RTX 2060 is almost the same as 1070Ti performance plus RTX features.

From a 1070 non-Ti, the upgrading is not that much, and i would advise against upgrading unless you want to future proof yourself with the latest tech.

In fact i think the 1070 is even more future proof due to having 8 gb vram.

From what i seen there are very few games that support Ray Tracing or DSLL at the moment

manfestival

Any point in upgrading from a 1070, gaming @1080p?
I also have a 1070 but I really see no enticing reason to upgrade. Let's be real here. If the pricing went the way it happened in previous generations then it would be way more interesting and appealing but right now. They are forcing the prices to go higher and that would demand more out of every product... including the previous gen since we didn't get a proper and expected price drop.

Redneckerz

In fact i think the 1070 is even more future proof due to having 8 gb vram.

From what i seen there are very few games that support Ray Tracing or DSLL at the moment
But it lacks RT and Tensors.

At the moment yes RT or DLSS are not of much use, but that will change in the future. Hence its future proofed hardware. You are essentially buying a Pascal equivalent card with additional hardware for future on it. Nvidia thinks that's worth atleast 350 dollars.

Akuza89

Sounds like it's under performing in areas according to this video....

Also if there really is a non-ray tracing card coming out with similar specs... why bother with ray tracing...?

Ivellios

But it lacks RT and Tensors.

At the moment yes RT or DLSS are not of much use, but that will change in the future. Hence its future proofed hardware. You are essentially buying a Pascal equivalent card with additional hardware for future on it. Nvidia thinks that's worth atleast 350 dollars.

Yeah but i read in some sites that 6 GB might be too little, even for 1080p

That being said for people who are looking to upgrade this card is receiving great reviews and it is performing well even at 1440p on ultra in some games.

Redneckerz

Yeah but i read in some sites that 6 GB might be too little, even for 1080p

That being said for people who are looking to upgrade this card is receiving great reviews and it is performing well even at 1440p on ultra in some games.
I reckon those are outliers like the AC titles. I mean, we have barely gone through the 4 GB roof.

Also if there really is a non-ray tracing card coming out with similar specs... why bother with ray tracing...?

Because ray tracing is awesome stuff?

Ivellios

I used to watch Linustech but i stopped because his channel is now full of clickbait titles (like the one on this video) and ads.

I watched the Video and others sites made more detailed review and benchmarks than this one.

As for ray tracing alongside DSLL the tecnology seems incredibly but it remains to be seem if future softwares shall support this or not.

I reckon those are outliers like the AC titles. I mean, we have barely gone through the 4 GB roof.

Because ray tracing is awesome stuff?

Dude you can't just assert that the RTX 2060 is future proof because it can use some new features that MAY BE implemented. Those feature may be useless for the 2060 due to not enough compute power and/or not have enough RAM.

1070 (non TI) already performs better than the 2060 at 4k in Wolfenstein 2.

Top Bottom