• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Founders Edition Reviews

ne1butu

I want to get a gaming PC to have alongside the upcoming ps5. Budget wise this is exactly what I want. Play older games with ease / the select new titles too

TheContact

I've always like the xx70 cards--a good sweet spot between being able to play the latest games at good settings without spending too much $ on a card

Wunray

us plebs have to get ready for round 2 with the bots come Thursday, will anything be different this time around? Probably not.

Wunray

AMD's presentation tomorrow might make some of us plebs reconsider methinks
I really hope so, for me my situation I'm kinda stuck with nvidia cause my monitor is a g sync only so an amd gpu will have performance left on the table, but if I can't get a 3070 Thursday Ill get a new freesynce gsync compatible monitor and then go full red. Nvidia has 1 more chance with me, my time and money is valuable.

llien

I thought it was supposed to come on 29th of Oct.

The key question is, if it is pre-orderable on NV site at announced price. :)

Last edited:

Skifi28

Watching the DF review, I was expecting a considerable leap in RT benchmarks when against the 2080ti, but it was again nearly identical. I thought the 3xxx series was going to be better in that regard.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Decent price and a decent product.......but can consumers actually buy one this year?

Neo_game

Very impressed, they have delivered rtx 2080ti performance for 500$. I think that is amazing. AMD pricing I guess will also be competitive so everyone wins

smbu2000

3070 looks to be similar or near to a 2080ti FE in performance. It looks like overclocking the 3070 doesn't really add any performance though. Strange seeing as overclocking the 2080ti gives it a pretty nice bump in performance.

Good performance for the price compared to last gen. and the overpriced cards Nvidia released.
Looking forward to seeing how it compared to RDNA2.

Rheon

One of these would go nicely with my new 1440p 165hz monitor.

Provided I can actually buy one at release.

Senua

It's not impressive. The pricing of the 2080ti was straight robbery. A PS5 for 500 is more impressive for me right now.
Well consoles are always cheaper, I like to think It evens out a bit with the savings on cheaper games and free online..Whether that's true or not I don't actually wana know :p

silentsod

Neo Member
I'm impressed; it's faster than my 1080ti in raster performance for a lot less dollar.

Now to see what AMD has in store.

Sincec the 3080 has a ridiculous and unacceptablly pathetic stock supply, I have the money saved for a partner card 3070 atm.

Since I don't plan to by one for awhile and want them to be more readily available. During that time, I might save up another 300 to 400 for a 3080 if that fuckin card magically increases drastically in availability.

A 2080ti for $500 ( ... and with even better ray-tracing performance?). Hard to complain. Still gonna wait to see how well my 1080ti handles Cyberpunk. Then I'll decide.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Yo yo friendomundo don't buy that green alien trash mate.
Soon enough the glorious and beautiful Su Bae will show how rasterisation is done properly. She'll come up on stage, show some game running at 4K60 Ultra Settings plus more VRAM for the wannabe professionals and shit it's gonna have it all. How stupid do u hav 2 b 2 buy a 3070 now lmao?
Oh wait u can't buy it anyway, Nvidia married to Samsung is a shit couple they not gon deliver brah forget about it and quickly.
Soon RDNA2 so beefy available anyway some losers gonna wait another 5 months for their power hungry 3080 to arrive.
Destroying the environment with that shit just banger.

Senua

Yo yo friendomundo don't buy that green alien trash mate.
Soon enough the glorious and beautiful Su Bae will show how rasterisation is done properly. She'll come up on stage, show some game running at 4K60 Ultra Settings plus more VRAM for the wannabe professionals and shit it's gonna have it all. How stupid do u hav 2 b 2 buy a 3070 now lmao?
Oh wait u can't buy it anyway, Nvidia married to Samsung is a shit couple they not gon deliver brah forget about it and quickly.
Soon RDNA2 so beefy available anyway some losers gonna wait another 5 months for their power hungry 3080 to arrive.
Destroying the environment with that shit just banger.
09588ed5e40728bbae9a198a1b269121.gif

Vindicator

Wanted to get one for that nice 3070&3700x combo but will stick with my 2070 for now, haven't bought a subsequent GPU gen anyway.

Ascend

A 2080ti for $500 ( ... and with even better ray-tracing performance?). Hard to complain. Still gonna wait to see how well my 1080ti handles Cyberpunk. Then I'll decide.
The 'better' ray tracing performance is per RT core. The 3070 has reduced RT cores, meaning, it mostly performs the same as a 2080Ti with RT enabled.

nkarafo

1440p peeps will be okay
It's not going to last the whole gen even at that resolution. Current gen games are already dangerously close at maxing out 8GB. I don't think it will be able to fit later next-gen games, even at 1080p. I guess we will find out soon.

Edit: Basically, what i'm trying to say, this is going to be the same situation as the GTX 960 back in 2014. A much more powerful card than the then "next gen" PS4/XBOX base consoles but only 2GB initially, because that was the standard for PCs. That card was shit mid-gen. I had to reduce the resolution below console settings in order for many games to run without VRAM swapping slowdowns. 6-8GB is the standard now but what happens after the next-get blows up?

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
I looked up the benchmarks on this card and it's still overkill for what I need. It runs the only game I play (Siege) at like 200+ frames a second, when I only need 144. I never future proof, fuck that. I upgrade when I need to, it's a million times cheaper. Anyone who has been in PC gaming for long enough will know this mythical "game to future proof for" is a mirage. Buy for today and only today. I think it's the 3060 for me.

Last edited:

mr.dilya

Banned
It's not going to last the whole gen even at that resolution. Current gen games are already dangerously close at maxing out 8GB. I don't think it will be able to fit later next-gen games, even at 1080p. I guess we will find out soon.

Edit: Basically, what i'm trying to say, this is going to be the same situation as the GTX 960 back in 2014. A much more powerful card than the then "next gen" PS4/XBOX base consoles but only 2GB initially, because that was the standard for PCs. That card was shit mid-gen. I had to reduce the resolution below console settings in order for many games to run without VRAM swapping slowdowns. 6-8GB is the standard now but what happens after the next-get blows up?

Maybe 2 years from now, which means 10gb will be the minimum requirement....and if that's the case people are wasting their money buying these cards now, unless it's 16gb or 20gb.

6gb and 8gb will be fine for 1080p until late 2022.

jigglet

Banned
Maybe 2 years from now, which means 10gb will be the minimum requirement....and if that's the case people are wasting their money buying these cards now, unless it's 16gb or 20gb.

6gb and 8gb will be fine for 1080p until late 2022.

I agree. Also bear in mind console gamers assume everyone has the desire to move to 4k and 4k textures because that's what's being pushed in the console space. 99% of PC gamers are perfectly happy with 1440p. This is something a lot of console gamers struggle to comprehend. Almost no PC gamer is going to give up 1440p 144hz for 4k60hz. FUCK THAT.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Paying 500+$ for a card that won't make it through the whole gen is ridiculous. I can understand the 960 being obsolete after 2 years from release, being a mid-range/cheap card and all, but a more expensive, higher tier card should be more future proofed. And 2 years for 8GB seems very generous. I'm going to bet you are going to see 8GB being maxed out @ 1080/1440p in 2021.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
HYPE!!!

It's not impressive. The pricing of the 2080ti was straight robbery. A PS5 for 500 is more impressive for me right now.

Wich PS5 allows me to:
choose any resolution I want?
choose any frame rate I can get?
choose any controller i want to use?
choose any mod I want?
choose to disable any graphic (d)effects that are annoying me?
use any emulator i want?
not pay for online MP?
to play all my retro games back to Pong?
And some other pc only stuff I am forgeting....

Last edited:

Senua

Paying 500+$ for a card that won't make it through the whole gen is ridiculous.
That's not what you're doing though if you're smart about it. Plus a lot of people are staying 1440p this gen for targetting high framerates.

Top Bottom