• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

waylo

Banned
Hope you 3090 buyers are ready for this

outtastock.png

Patrick S.

Banned
All the Youtubers, even the smaller ones, and non tech related ones, seem to have 2-3 3080s, even FEs. Were they not affected by bots?

Last edited:
Ugh, now that I finally have a 3080 possibly confirmed, my desire for more upgrades is growing. Already have a 4k IPS, but now I'm eyeballing OLED and ultrawide monitors, cpu/mobos, etc. This happens every time. >_O

Last edited:

Nydus

Gold Member
Ugh, now that I finally have a 3080 possibly confirmed, my desire for more upgrades is growing. Already have a 4k IPS, but now I'm eyeballing OLED and ultrawide monitors, cpu/mobos, etc. This happens every time. >_O
Hold your horses! I almost bought a new PSU cause I want to upgrade my CPU (7700k) in the future and had the fear that stock would be even worse. But I decided I'll upgrade when I need it. No use having a bigger PSU if the hardware is t there. That oled on the other hand is nice :D

Hold your horses! I almost bought a new PSU cause I want to upgrade my CPU (7700k) in the future and had the fear that stock would be even worse. But I decided I'll upgrade when I need it. No use having a bigger PSU if the hardware is t there. That oled on the other hand is nice :D

Haha, thanks. I think I've managed to reign myself in for the time being. Most of my stuff is a few years out of date, but still serviceable for the near future. Although, if I find the 3080 is being bottlenecked, that'll change quickly and it'll all be downhill from there. Lol

Nydus

Gold Member
Haha, thanks. I think I've managed to reign myself in for the time being. Most of my stuff is a few years out of date, but still serviceable for the near future. Although, if I find the 3080 is being bottlenecked, that'll change quickly and it'll all be downhill from there. Lol
But i think (if you upgrade every 2 to 3 years) the nextr AMD and Intel generation is worth waiting for. It will be the last DDR4 Generation with PCIe 4.0. DDR5 will be shit at release so its better to wait one or two generations and DDR4 is cheap. So a good 8core/16 Thread CPU with 32GB 3200/3600Mhz should be very fine till DDR5 matured. :)

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder if the GeForce watchdogs legion campaign will have to be scrapped or moved to another big hitter in the spring. If people can't buy the cards, how can they redeem the code and get the game?

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I'm starting to wonder if the GeForce watchdogs legion campaign will have to be scrapped or moved to another big hitter in the spring. If people can't buy the cards, how can they redeem the code and get the game?

Perhaps Nvidia doesn't actually want people to redeem the game, because they have to pay Ubisoft for every copy that's redeemed with a code that comes with one of their cards. Agreeing to include a free redemption code with each of their cards is probably a decision that Nvidia regrets.

tenor.gif

I'm guessing the reason for the delay on 3080 20 is memory supply issues. Better to sell a cheaper model first then put out a more expensive one when memory supplies are better.

Rikkori

The jump to 8K isn't really THAT noticeable, but the thing is if you get a 75" or above 4K TV and you sit close to it (relative to its size) then you can definitely tell that 4K isn't enough anymore and the precise & detailed image you might be used to at 4K 55" just won't be like that anymore. I still want 8K for some cases just for pure IQ, like a perfect game to test 8K with would've been The Witcher 3 - there the resolution increase makes a huge difference as the AA is very weak. For games that rely so much more on post-processing, like Control, it's ehhh, I'm in no rush to go 8K for that. I'd also be curious to see if 8K could overpower RDR2's naturally blurry image with TAA. 4K almost does it. Watch Dogs 2 at 4K & above also looks crisp AF and SF is fantastic to explore in it.

Last edited:

skneogaf

I have stated to friends that if I go above 65" then I will aim for 8k but I'm yet to be convinced that 65" or lower needs it at the distance I sit at around 80"/203cm away.

Time will tell though as just like 4k is the majority of TVs now then 8k will be in a few years at the sizes I want.

kiphalfton

Was hoping Distill would be more promising, but it randomly goes off for no reason. Zoolert, Now in Stock, and the webpage notification have all proven to useless.

Was hoping Distill would be more promising, but it randomly goes off for no reason. Zoolert, Now in Stock, and the webpage notification have all proven to useless.

The alert should show you what's changed. Is it not displaying anything? Maybe be more specific in what you want it to check, if you aren't already that granular?

Nydus

Gold Member
Just got the emails from amazon that the zotac order got canceled. i really hope that cyberport pulls trough. still nothing new from notebooksbilliger.de despite beeing my earliest preorder. :/

manfestival

The 3080 really is sold out everywhere. One of my friends even bought computers from cyberpower just to get his but they are even almost sold out themselves.

Chiggs

Nice Nvidia ad from Linus..

Yeah, and the way he jokingly refers to the sponsorship really got on my nerves. I like Linus and all, but this was ridiculous. And he makes joke excuses for the frame drops in Doom, and even insinuates that Doom is more of a sight-seeing game, but for more action-packed games he would sacrifice resolution for refresh rate

Sure thing, Linus.

kiphalfton

The alert should show you what's changed. Is it not displaying anything? Maybe be more specific in what you want it to check, if you aren't already that granular?

I'm mainly interested in Amazon stock, and so I chose to be alerted if the "Currently Unavailable" text changes. It seems to work for most items, but the alert for 1 of my items keeps randomly going off every 30 seconds (the alert interval I set).

I say it seems to work, as I can't really verify when stuff has actually gone in and out of stock. Only time I verify the alert works so far is when some idiot third-party seller lists a card. And even then I don't know if there's a delay, since I can't see actual time listed vs time alerted.

Last edited:
I'm mainly interested in Amazon stock, and so I chose to be alerted if the "Currently Unavailable" text changes. It seems to work for most items, but the alert for 1 of my items keeps randomly going off every 30 seconds (the alert interval I set).

I say it seems to work, as I can't really verify when stuff has actually gone in and out of stock. Only time I've been verified so far is when some idiot third-party seller lists a card.

That sucks. With that said, it's how I managed to buy one off of Amazon the other day. After a few false alarms, it finally did me right.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Via Videocardz: Galax's internal roadmap confims 3080 20GB, 3070ti, 3060 cards.
GALAX-GeForce-RTX-30-Roadmap-e1600832023417.jpg

Rn8QJ3r.jpg

This roadmap is yet another confirmation that GeForce RTX 3080 20GB will launch at some point, but neither Gigabyte nor Galax have confirmed the timing. According to our sources, the date is strictly related to the launch of the Radeon RX 6000 series, so it is definitely coming, it just happens to be dependent on a competitor.
This is cutting it very close to the release of Cyberpunk with all the cards, including Big Navi. This is the reason I've been hanging onto my 2060S just in case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom