• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I'm about number 17 on line.

hrL58Fj.jpg

I just got off the phone with Microcenter. I was told that there are already over ten people lined up for the RTX 3090! I'm headed there now. Hopefully I can get there before there are twenty people.
giphy.gif

Good luck Man, I really hope you get one!!!! Fingers Crossed.

I was numer 17 on line and an employee came out and said that they have only 16 cards. Damn.

Lol. Too late I guess. Bummer, I had the exact same thing happen for the PS2 launch. Lined up, big line, guy came out and said they had 20 Playstation 2's, I was number 21 in line.

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
EVGA out here "optimizing" their site all day.

Just put cards up. Instantly went up in flames and now everything is OOS.

I think I'm ready to call it quits on this shit.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
giphy.gif

Good luck Man, I really hope you get one!!!! Fingers Crossed.

Lol. Too late I guess. Bummer, I had the exact same thing happen for the PS2 launch. Lined up, big line, guy came out and said they had 20 Playstation 2's, I was number 21 in line.
I'm going to wait anyway; I've got nothing to lose. Hopefully someone's credit card gets declined or they don't have enough money for whatever models are available when they reach the register.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member

"For 4K gaming, the GeForce RTX 3090 is about 10-15% faster on average than the GeForce RTX 3080, and up to 50% faster than the TITAN RTX. "

"Since we built GeForce RTX 3090 for a unique group of users, like the TITAN RTX before it, we want to apologize upfront that this will be in limited supply on launch day. We know this is frustrating, and we’re working with our partners to increase the supply in the weeks to come. "

nemiroff

Gold Member

"For 4K gaming, the GeForce RTX 3090 is about 10-15% faster on average than the GeForce RTX 3080, and up to 50% faster than the TITAN RTX. "

"Since we built GeForce RTX 3090 for a unique group of users, like the TITAN RTX before it, we want to apologize upfront that this will be in limited supply on launch day. We know this is frustrating, and we’re working with our partners to increase the supply in the weeks to come. "

Holy shit, it's actually official straight from Nvidia! That's...Something. 10% for a 1000 dollars is also...Something................................

BluRayHiDef

Banned
For the 3090??
Yep!

My plan was to come here at around 6PM, because a Microcenter employee with whom I spoke yesterday told me that people wouldn't start to line up until about 10PM.

However, I decided to give Microcenter another call today a little after 4PM; the same employee with whom I spoke yesterday told me that there were already over ten people waiting for the RTX 3090.

So, I rushed there via an Uber and wound up being the 18th person in line; I thought that I was safe because the employee told me that there would be about 20 cards, but another employee came out and said that there were only 16 and that they'd hand out vouchers to the first 16 people in line.

However, I'm going to wait anyway, just in case someone leaves or someone's credit card gets declined or someone doesn't have enough money for whatever models are available when they reach the register.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Yep!

My plan was to come here at around 6PM, because a Microcenter employee with whom I spoke yesterday told me that people wouldn't start to line up until about 10PM.

However, I decided to give Microcenter another call today a little after 4PM; the same employee with whom I spoke yesterday told me that there were already over ten people waiting for the RTX 3090.

So, I rushed there via an Uber and wound up being the 18th person in line; I thought that I was safe because the employee told me that there would be about 20 cards, but another employee came out and said that there were only 16 and that they'd hand out vouchers to the first 16 people in line.

However, I'm going to wait anyway, just in case someone leaves or someone's credit card gets declined or someone doesn't have enough money for whatever models are available when they reach the register.

I was all set to buy it but only 10% faster im thinking of holding off. Plus The leak of 3080 super 20gb cards

skneogaf

I like having the best stuff but not sure the 3090 is worth it, if the 30 wasn't so good then yeah I'd be all over it but 10 percent for twice the price!

waylo

Banned
Officially tapping out after the absolute shit show that was EVGA today. It's simply not worth my time. They claim to have spent the day optimizing their site. Claim they're getting thousands of cards in stock. Meanwhile, as soon as the button flips to "add to cart" the site crashes for like 10 straight minutes. Nothing loads. Then they tweet that the cards are all gone. This shit is a fucking joke and I'm over it.

I'll check back in a few weeks an hopefully this clown shit is over with.

To all my brothers sticking it out and still trying to secure a card, I wish you all the best of luck.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Officially tapping out after the absolute shit show that was EVGA today. It's simply not worth my time. They claim to have spent the day optimizing their site. Claim they're getting thousands of cards in stock. Meanwhile, as soon as the button flips to "add to cart" the site crashes for like 10 straight minutes. Nothing loads. Then they tweet that the cards are all gone. This shit is a fucking joke and I'm over it.

To all my brothers sticking it out and still trying to secure a card, I wish you all the best of luck.

Gone WTF.

Senua

By the time they're in stock properly the 20gb model will be out at this rate lol

baphomet

For the EVGA step up program, am I able to purchase any EVGA gpu from their official retailers and when I get it immediately use the program to stepup to a 3080/3090? Obviously I know I'll have to wait In queue and pay the difference, but that will work right?

waylo

Banned
Lmao and now they're in-stock on the Nvidia site but the captcha they added to stop bots is broken and nobody can get passed it.

You can't make this shit up.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
I'm just too eager to wait. I don't want a 3080 because it has less VRAM than my 1080Ti and I don't want to wait until who knows when for the 20GB 3080.

Well, Watch Dogs you have until Nov 31st to redeem the code, and since the Super card was spotted on Gigabytes website on how to redeem the code I'd say it has to be around that time. Well unless the add different codes for the 3080S. I have the money for the Asus Strix just sort of in limbo on what to do lol. Not having reviews out before the launch doesnt give me confidance either.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Well, Watch Dogs you have until Nov 31st to redeem the code, and since the Super card was spotted on Gigabytes website on how to redeem the code I'd say it has to be around that time. Well unless the add different codes for the 3080S. I have the money for the Asus Strix just sort of in limbo on what to do lol. Not having reviews out before the launch doesnt give me confidance either.

Well, if I can't snag a 3090 by the time that the 20GB 3080s are released, then I'll just get the latter.

TaySan

Banned
If it's not on Amazon or Best Buy i don't care anymore.

Got double fucked by EVGA and Nvidia.

EVGA- had 3 in my cart and couldn't go back to change it.

Nvidia i couldn't get past the damn captcha.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
If it's not on Amazon or Best Buy i don't care anymore.

Got double fucked by EVGA and Nvidia.

EVGA- had 3 in my cart and couldn't go back to change it.

Nvidia i couldn't get past the damn captcha.
You should have ordered the three and canceled two of them.

McHuj

It wouldn't let me since EVGA only allows 1 per household and i couldn't go back to my cart and change it. I was at the final checkout and everything. :(

At least you got one in the cart. I crashed on adding one.

Did NVIDIA have stock today? Where are the thousands that are supposed to be out this week?

BluRayHiDef

Banned
It wouldn't let me since EVGA only allows 1 per household and i couldn't go back to my cart and change it. I was at the final checkout and everything. :(
Well, that's messed up. This release is frustrating for everyone; I wonder why the cards are so scarce.

TaySan

Banned

Did NVIDIA have stock today? Where are the thousands that are supposed to be out this week?
Yes, they had some in stock right when EVGA went oos but 99.9 percent of people couldn't get past the captcha it was broken. I'm more mad than i was at launch lmao

waylo

Banned

Yeah, Nvidia threw some stock up right after the EVGA fiasco. Unfortunately on the Nvidia site, nobody could get passed the captcha that just froze up after you would complete it.

McHuj

Yes, they had some in stock right when EVGA went oos but 99.9 percent of people couldn't get past the captcha it was broken. I'm more mad than i was at launch lmao
Yeah, Nvidia threw some stock up right after the EVGA fiasco. Unfortunately on the Nvidia site, nobody could get passed the captcha that just froze up after you would complete it.

What a cluster fuck. I would have been double mad if that I knew that.

At least I'm drinking heavily now.

Top Bottom