• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

CitizenX

Banned
I'm about number 17 on line.

hrL58Fj.jpg

You may want to tell that one fella this isnt Footlocker.
I'm going to wait anyway; I've got nothing to lose. Hopefully someone's credit card gets declined or they don't have enough money for whatever models are available when they reach the register.

if you are an enthusiast i get it but someone thinking they are buying to resell at a higher price, that's really a high risk prop.

BluRayHiDef

Banned

if you are an enthusiast i get it but someone thinking they are buying to resell at a higher price, that's really a high risk prop.

1. What fella? Also, why would you think that he thinks it's Footlocker?

2. I heard someone say that if a card costs more than $1600 after taxes, then they won't get it. I've also heard others say that if they can order a 3080 online, they'll bail.

If it's not on Amazon or Best Buy i don't care anymore.

Got double fucked by EVGA and Nvidia.

EVGA- had 3 in my cart and couldn't go back to change it.

Nvidia i couldn't get past the damn captcha.
Exact same thing happened to me today except with 2 in my cart. I was annoyed. So close.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Maybe I should just leave; they have a mixture of EVGA, Zotac, and some other brand. I want an EVGA card, but everyone on line wants one, so there's no way I'll get one. Damn, I should have come much sooner. Maybe they'll get another shipment in the morning.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I decided to leave and am currently heading home. I spoke to an employee inside of the Microcenter and he told me that he didn't know exactly which EVGA model of the RTX 3090 that they had but that it costs $1,629.00, which suggests that it's the XC3 Ultra, which I don't want; I want the FTW3 Gaming, which costs $1,749.00. So, I'll take my chances online in the morning, which I'm sure will be zero or I'll wait until the supply stabilizes and get it at another time.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I decided to leave and am currently heading home. I spoke to an employee inside of the Microcenter and he told me that he didn't know exactly which EVGA model of the RTX 3090 that they had but that it costs $1,629.00, which suggests that it's the XC3 Ultra, which I don't want; I want the FTW3 Gaming, which costs $1,749.00. So, I'll take my chances online in the morning, which I'm sure will be zero or I'll wait until the supply stabilizes and get it at another time.
Yeah it's going to be tough given that nvidia themselves are saying that the 3090's will have a limited launch like Titans used to. Good luck.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Yeah it's going to be tough given that nvidia themselves are saying that the 3090's will have a limited launch like Titans used to. Good luck.

16 cards at a store that's 30,000 square feet. Makes zero sense. What a stupid launch. Weren't the Titans usually made to order? Why isn't that the case with the RTX 3090?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Why buy a 3090 as a 1440p gamer? You guys gaming at 4K?

Why not buy a 3080 now and a 4080 in 2 years for the same cost?
I'm gaming at 4K. I want the extra vram and performance. I tend to keep my graphics cards for a good while before upgrading.
Plus, my 1080 Ti has 11gb vram and I don't want to downgrade to 10gb when a new generation of games is nearly here.

Last edited:
I'm having a nightmare with my order. Dumb fucks sent my 3090 out early so they requested DPD to send it back to them. Now my parcel status is in limbo, says it went back to the shop on Tuesday, now it's back at the depot.

Do I wait it out or cancel and try and grab another, but the refund takes up to 14 days. I got enough to try and buy FE edition, what a fucking mess lol

Last edited:
How are you people getting 3090's to order when no outlet is selling them right now?

I think PC World messed up, they had add to cart and stock available for delivery on the Monday. Apparently my order was noted as a pre order on the system even though there was no mention of pre orders on the product page. I had the DPD delivery details hours later.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hmm I wonder if anyone will start selling at midnight (and if so, according to what time zone?)

edit: I'm gone to bed, I'll try to grab one first thing in the morning

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Wtf lol, what a shitty sterotype. So a black man can't wait outside an electronic store for a new graphics card? He's black so he apparently can only stand outside stores for shoe sales?

Anyways, my goal of getting a 3080 has caused me so many headaches and I am tired of refreshing my fucking phone/pc. With that said I am now going for the most expensive 3090 in hopes that it won't sell out quickly, or really any 3090 at this point. I just want this to be over and I have games I want to play right now leading up to CP2077 so I am willing to splurge. In my head I can't imagine these being as big a cluster fuck as the 3080 but I still expect it to be terrible. Is there any particular 3090 people are going for? I am in the minority I think but I really love the FTW3 design or the FE for the 3090, if my only shot is getting the XC3 though i'll grab that one.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Ummm...so...I got a 3080 fe off the Nvidia site. What a great end to what was a headache inducing annoyance fighting the evga site. Now I gotta get a second 3080 for the wife.

TaySan

Banned
Ummm...so...I got a 3080 fe off the Nvidia site. What a great end to what was a headache inducing annoyance fighting the evga site. Now I gotta get a second 3080 for the wife.
Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for confirmation/payment successful emails. That's where mine was.

DeaDPo0L84

Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for confirmation/payment successful emails. That's where mine was.

Just did after you mentioned it, I had gotten the bank email concerning the charge but not one from Nvidia. But yea it was sitting in the spam folder. I am honestly shocked I got one, wasn't even planning on trying for one tonight.

Now it makes me want to keep trying for a second one so I can officially be done with constantly hitting the f5 key.

Last edited:

Nydus

Hmm my creditcard is precharged and ive got a mail but no explicit mail for payment :/

Eh well it will be fine, what could go wrong?!

Nydus

Missed it! :(
Their notification system does not work.
Dang it. It seems notifications get pushed out manualy if stock persists (which isnt the case). Check back often or use a Distill to get a notification when the stock changes. it seems they are canceling a lot of scammerorders. Dont know how they could free up stock otherwise.

The Ventus is still up on cyberport for 799€.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Wtf lol, what a shitty sterotype. So a black man can't wait outside an electronic store for a new graphics card? He's black so he apparently can only stand outside stores for shoe sales?

Yea, I also thought that he was being racist, but I was so shocked that I thought that maybe I missinterpreted what he said; I'm black too and I also went there to get a card.

Calverz

What are the chances they put in some 3080 FE’s on site at same time? This fuckin sucks im close to just giving up and residing to the fact i wont get one until next year. My 1660 needs replacing badly.

I'm gaming at 4K. I want the extra vram and performance. I tend to keep my graphics cards for a good while before upgrading.
Plus, my 1080 Ti has 11gb vram and I don't want to downgrade to 10gb when a new generation of games is nearly here.

1080TI

Memory Clock 11 Gbps effective
Bandwidth 484.4 GB/s

Memory Clock 19 Gbps effective
Bandwidth 760.3 GB/s

Theres no downgrade here. 3080 shits on the 1080 from the highest peaks. Those 10 gigs on the 3080 are gonna perform much better than what you have on the 1080

Nfactor_AF

Neo Member
Does anyone have a link to the RTX 3090's on sale for Amazon in the U.S.? I thought they had a page of what they're going to sell but I can't access it.

llien

#Fermi2

FKDZhH4.png

ComputerBase has provided a quick overview of what users are reporting. At LinusTechTips forums users are reporting problems with ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity. Owners of MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC are also noticing this type of behavior, a thread on Overclockers.co.uk seems to suggest. Even on ComputerBase’s own forums, there are threads describing the same problem.

The threads also mention other custom boards such as MSI Gaming Trio or EVGA’s. You can find them on NVIDIA forums, Tom’s Hardware forums, Tweakers, and also Reddit.

The solution
At the time of writing, there were no official solutions to this problem. However, if you are experiencing such issues with crashing in games at higher clock speeds it is recommended to manually downclock the GPU by 50 to 100 MHz. Undervolting may also be recommended, but this requires MSI Afterburner 4.6.3 Beta 2 (available here).

Last edited:
Top Bottom