• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly 'buttons' should be the first thing on the blackboard.
Yoshi's Wooly World NX port confirmed! :))

bg_tree_full.png

EVIL

Ok so, confidential property, totally a sticker that would be on it.
But why doesnt it says nintendo on the sticker?
Whats the point of saying just "confidential property" without saying where it belongs to?

why doesnt the flag of the united states say "united states of america" ? sometimes you dont need to plaster everything with your logo. and that the wii devkit had the nintendo logo there means nothing, plus its a tiny thin strip, not much room for the nintendo logo without making the text harder to read. plus there is propably a bigger devbox for the actual unit which might have said sticker.

Ashodin

The GamePad was an obtuse piece of hardware. It fits its purpose, but that purpose is NOT being comfortable.

This new NX controller looks comfortable as fuck.

I'll still eat crow is this is anywhere near the final design.

Given miyamotos and other comments coming from nintendo, it makes literally zero sense to have another high cost controller adding to the msrp of the system.

It's like a gamepad on expensive proprietary screen steroids. Would make no sense.

They had to remove all the buttons to save money!

Kyzer

Banned
Well, if our anonymous redditor or his source was able to make 3 pictures with good quality, what stopped certain person from taking pictures from different angles?

If that thing has a big "Confidential property of NINTENDO" on the back, why not showing it?

no one even cared about this confidential property thing until someone brought it up that it was in fact there and that pointed to it being fake lol

The Giant

Banned
Having confidential property sticker on it. Screams out fake as fuck.

Also the fact again that it's the same look as the patent, shows that it's fake.

If Nintendo releases a handheld that's just a giant screen with no clamshell design to keep the screen safe in a bag/pocket/whatever then they'd better fuckin include/make a protective shell or some 3rd party better have one the day it comes out because fuuuuck that.

Also how insanely uncomfortable and awkward will it be to have two analogue sticks jutting out of it in your pocket. Yeah a smartphone is a slate of glass you stick in a bag or pocket too but it doesn't have two sticks poking out of it.

v0yce

Seems cool to me.

Give me a set of shoulder buttons along with the scroll wheels and combine that with strategic touch buttons and I think it will work.

I'm intrigued.

ZOONAMI

why doesnt the flag of the united states say "united states of america" ? sometimes you dont need to plaster everything with your logo. and that the wii devkit had the nintendo logo there means nothing, plus its a tiny thin strip, not much room for the nintendo logo without making the text harder to read. plus there is propably a bigger devbox for the actual unit which might have said sticker.

Which is why there wouldn't even be a sticker there. It screams fake to have that sticker. Like look I'm so cool this is confidential. The sticker would be on the back.

kankki

Senior Project Lead, NX Hardware Design at Nintendo of Europe
Well, if our anonymous redditor or his source was able to make 3 pictures with good quality, what stopped certain person from taking pictures from different angles?

If that thing has a big "Confidential property of NINTENDO" on the back, why not showing it?

Who knows. He seems to avoid pictures from the back. Two options, it's fake and the back doesn't look real or it has information that he doesn't want out.

Ashodin

Seems cool to me.

Give me a set of shoulder buttons along with the scroll wheels and combine that with strategic touch buttons and I think it will work.

I'm intrigued.

The scroll wheels are the shoulder buttons. Imagine like a finer grain scroll wheel on a mouse that you can click in like shoulder buttons.

cordy

Banned
It's times like this that I wish the GiantBombcast came out on Thursdays instead so we'd be able to hear their comments. Luckily there's the BeastCast.

Modoru

If Nintendo releases a handheld that's just a giant screen with no clamshell design to keep the screen safe in a bag/pocket/whatever then they'd better fuckin include/make a protective shell or some 3rd party better have one the day it comes out because fuuuuck that.

Also how insanely uncomfortable and awkward will it be to have two analogue sticks jutting out of it in your pocket. Yeah a smartphone is a slate of glass you stick in a bag or pocket too but it doesn't have two sticks poking out of it.

Sony would like to have a word with you

#vitadidnothingwrong

(barely fit in my pocket as it was, the sticks didn't help)

Newline

The GamePad was an obtuse piece of hardware. It fits its purpose, but that purpose is NOT being comfortable.

This new NX controller looks comfortable as fuck.
Yep the gamepad was far too big. I think they could be onto a winner with a refined version of the leak.

In the television show Seinfeld, a hit comedy set in modern day (199x) New York written and produced by Jerry Seinfeld, there is a classic episode where the 'gang' tries to figure out if a woman has fake breasts or not

They go through some pretty elaborate ploys to find out, let me tell you!

At the end of the episode it is revealed by the lady herself that they are, in fact, real. She ends the episode with the now-famous line, "And by the way...they're real...and they're spectacular"

Foiled again, gang!

Papacheeks

Banned
He's quoting Seinfeld. Sheesh, this topic is full of people preheating on their way to a meltdown

Maybe use a gif, because with people like Sean doing stuff to only feed this thread, it does nothing.
I hope Nintendo reveals this or does something before this spins out of control.

Hopefully as we get closer to E3 more leaks happen. Because this secrecy does nothing for Nintendo if they plan on releasing this year.

They need to announce it then have a blow out at E3.

Man, Seinfeld in 2016 would be great.

*Kramer bursts through the door*
"Jerry, did you see the new pictures of the NX controller? No buttons!"

Jerry: "Oh, knock it off Kramer, those can't be real!"

"They're real, and they're spectacular!"

Maybe use a gif, because with people like Sean doing stuff to only feed this thread, it does nothing.
I hope Nintendo reveals this or does something before this spins out of control.

Hopefully as we get closer to E3 more leaks happen. Because this secrecy does nothing for Nintendo if they plan on releasing this year.

They need to announce it then have a blow out at E3.
It's obviously a joke dude

I kind of like it. Someone did a nice gif in the patent thread that demonstrates how it might work in a game.
InfamousGratefulHowlermonkey.gif

Like your typical mobile games, it's nothing special, it has issues with your hand covering most of the screen. All that shit rendered around your fingers/hands are wasted.

Sony would like to have a word with you

#vitadidnothingwrong

(barely fit in my pocket as it was, the sticks didn't help)

Well yeah but that's Sony not Nintendo, aka the king of handhelds. *smug*

Also weren't those nubs similar to the 3DS' and not actual sticks? I mean look at the pictures, those are legit analog sticks. That thing does not go into a pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom