• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
How do I convince my wife I need this when I got the wii u and barely used it

Play with it more?

5ekMZvI.gif

fhqwhgads

Has a company ever revealed a console early because of details being leaked? GAF seems real damn impatient about NX and not wanting to wait until E3 for details.

On top of that, look at the pre-release devkit for the Wii U. It has nowhere near the amount of polish of the leaked images. The leaked images look like a consumer-grade product.

Even the post-release Wii U devkits use the Nintendo logo on their confidential property sticker.

Take the Pre release DS4 for example.

Not really all that different, save for a few smaller details.

The NX one may be very similar to release in some aspects, like the screen, but not in terms of ergonomics. After all, the important thing for it at this step would be to let the devs developer games with the screen size/shape/layout in mind.

What would you feed him with? Kibble?

Face buttons.

Holy crap, I didn't think people would take a Seinfeld quote as supposed insider confirmation. This issue is getting people too riled up. I mean, we even had posters turning on Rosti in the other thread...

Just to be clear. I have no info, except my own common sense. I thought the evidence that the other photo was a fake seemed to be "grasping at straws". These new pics should seal the deal. The controller looks really slick. I'm sure there will be some option for physical buttons either via attachment or separate pro controller. It's Nintendo. Everyone should know by now to expect the unexpected.

Dmax3901

Thinking about the oval-shape, perhaps it's been designed that way to fit into the actual console? Take the controller out of the house like a handheld, put it into the console when at home, and there's an entirely different controller for TV play?

It's not that surprising when there's no shortage of gaming enthusiasts on this forum who still think mobile and indie games are incapable of having a worthwhile experience. Some people just don't like change or different things.
Yeah, pretty much. Although I think this looks funny but I'm not going to swear it off.

MisterHero

Someone on Reddit said it also had a VR mode. Looking at the pics I guess it's possible.
It would be hilarious if it did have a VR mode and the first game Nintendo made for it was Metroid V*

But there's no way they're gonna launch with Smash Bros. 4 Gold Edition side by side with a controller without buttons.

*Metroid V...R. shiiiiiiit

dyergram

I'm thinking if this is real either theres buttons on the back of there's a shell thing with buttons. Either way buttons please.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Rösti;199046758 said:
For the fact, I quite like this device. It's sufficient for my idea.

Yeah, me too. I think it starts to look like a good implementation of the patent. If it works as well it might be really nice.

To be noted that I enjoy also the Wii U gamepad.

Now if they will implement also the SCD patent I could be perfectly happy.

Guevara

Tablets weren't blowing up until like the year before Wii U came to market. It was an unfortunate-for-Nintendo coincidence that they did, though, because it indeed looked very "me-too" by then. But there's no way they conceived and finished the console and its launch library within a 12-18 month period.

I'm going to think about, you might be right on the timing.

bucklam66

Basically it doesn't matter, unless it is another craze like the Wii or it can get GTAVI and proper COD , it will not sell more than the Wii U,maybe GameCube, that is the ceiling for people wanting to play just Nintendo games on a console

MK_768

When did I say that? I am merely speculating, just like everyone else. But what we have seen is not impressive and I am hoping for something better.

you said, regarding NX, "A bigger flop than the Wii U incoming." You call that speculation? Sounds like a factual statement lol.

Peterc

So true. Nintendo just doesn't get it. It will be less powerful than a Xbox One just so they can force that crappy 2nd screen on you. I don't want to look down at a damn screen when I'm playing games on my tv Nintendo.

lol, you want to play core or casual.

If you prefer casual, just choose a controller with 4 buttons and you should never have to look down.

For the rest of your info, it seems to you didn't did your research before judging.

Paskil

Regardless whether I've used it or not, if it uses virtual buttons, I'm out if there's no alternative. Unless Nintendo has somehow revolution(heh)ized that particular control model, I've played around enough with that to know it is shit.

Nanashrew

Banned
Why would the confidential sticker be on the side and not on the back of the controller where it would have the full model number, Nintendo logo ect. The confidential sticker looks like it's coming off too and made with a label maker.

lol, you want to play core or casual.

If you prefer casual, just choose a controller with 4 buttons and you should never have to look down.

For the rest of your info, it seems to you didn't did your research before judging.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Newline

The same way a dart will inevitably hit something, whether that be a [sales, portfolio, technical, value] target or not.
If you randomly throw darts, they'll more likely hit the same amount as they miss.

NES / SNES / Gameboy / GBA / DS / 3DS / Wii

VB / N64 / GC / Wii U

My bet is that the NX will fall into the former category.

MK_768

Why would the confidential sticker be on the side and not on the back of the controller where it would have the full model number, Nintendo logo ect. The confidential sticker looks like it's coming off too and made with a label maker.

Basically how I feel.

The reality is Nintendo's misses are much more common recently than it's hits when it comes to hardware.

How many consoles do you think Nintendo released in the last five years? The 3DS had a rough start but is doing fine, and the Wii was obviously and undeniably a success. The Wii U has been their sole misstep, and even that has a great library at least.

JonnyKong

In my head I just can't visualise how you're supposed to press buttons on the screen if your thumbs are on both the analogue sticks, doesn't seem right. Though I imagine you'd be using just the left stick, and these on-screen buttons will appear on the right part of the screen (but surely will take up most of it?)

Jesus I don't know.

Maybe there's some paddles/triggers on the back, who knows.

Papacheeks

Banned
Face buttons.

Holy crap, I didn't think people would take a Seinfeld quote as supposed insider confirmation. This issue is getting people too riled up. I mean, we even had posters turning on Rosti in the other thread...

Just to be clear. I have no info, except my own common sense. I thought the evidence that the other photo was a fake seemed to be "grasping at straws". These new pics should seal the deal. The controller looks really slick. I'm sure there will be some option for physical buttons either via attachment or separate pro controller. It's Nintendo. Everyone should know by now to expect the unexpected.

Yea, I don't remember quotes from a show that was 15 years ago that I didn't watch religiously.

My bad.

My initial anger came from people who are actual dev's just adding to the hysteria, and I guess GAF loves it?

So I guess shame on me for not knowing GAF loves this. Hype threads for E3 are similar but usually we all are having pipe dreams with nothing to go on. So we are all being silly and unrealistic for just the sake of having fun.

I need to just step away from this for a while and NX threads in general until actual real sources, or announcements start hitting.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Physical buttons that "raise up" out of the whole screen would be pretty damn innovative.

You mean the proof-of-concept stuff that has been shown at CES for a long time but has still failed to gain traction in any consumer devices as of yet?

Just yesterday it was 'advanced haptics' that would revolutionize the NX inputs. Tomorrow it'll be some other obscure patent dug up and filtered through Nintendo dream glasses.

Fact is, none of these technologies will ever hope to achieve the tactility and accuracy of a physical button. I mean, this thing doesn't even have a D-pad. You think soft gel bubbles are a suitable replacement? Seriously? They come with huge drawbacks.

Yea, I don't remember quotes from a show that was 15 years ago that I didn't watch religiously.

My bad.

My initial anger came from people who are actual dev's just adding to the hysteria, and I guess GAF loves it?

So I guess shame on me for not knowing GAF loves this. Hype threads for E3 are similar but usually we all are having pipe dreams with nothing to go on. So we are all being silly and unrealistic for just the same of having fun.

I need to just step away from this for a while and NX threads in general until actual real sources, or announcements start hitting.
This is why Seinfeld should still be on NBC today with new episodes. It's leaving the public consciousness for some and causing nothing but pain and frustration. Come on, NBC!

Also if you're feeling legitimate anger from either of those things you should probably go outside, get some fresh air, and look around for trees so we can find out who leaked this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom