• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machina

Banned
So someone at Nintendo seriously thought a game controller shaped like a flat football would be a comfortable choice?

Oy Vay.

Peltz

Did you know Nintendo when the Wii U was happening?

Yes. Wii U made sense as a Nintendo product... it was just a lukewarm concept. This, on the other hand, just doesn't jive with their design sensibilities.... that goes for both their good and bad sensibilities.

The D-Pad is their true north. They'd never abandon it.

ZOONAMI

Repost regarding the 3D printed iPhone

Does that mean someone or a group of people might not have access to a very nice 3d printer? And how long ago did the patent come out? Months?

I think a multi-thousand dollar enthusiast level or resin based 3d printer could have produced these "leaks."

sinxtanx

Not just sanded ABS plastic, but sanded ABS plastic that's been spray painted with a primer coat and dull black. Construction of this likely took them a day at most. Not hard to model it either, its geometry is simplistic.

OK I GOT IT NOW

CONSPIRACY TIME

-white & black "devkit" leakers are the same dedicated faker
-3D print one white model, this one you cant fake the screen properly with since the material would shine through the glass, shop cropped UE4 demo screenshot into image
-Invent leaker one
-Paint it black, no need to shop a screenshot
-New photos, invent leaker two

this neatly also explains the "missing" mic hole on the black "devkit" - it got filled by paint

#teamFAKE yall

MK_768

I think a lot of people are just grasping and hoping that its fake.

Where there is smoke...

Even Kotaku ran the article recently that Nintendo is leaking like crazy and we have others in the gaming industry coming out and commenting on it, Team Fake is still going strong.

So everything that is "leaked" from Nintendo is real?

It's okay to think it's fake just as it is to think it's real. There is no definitive proof.

So people think that thing is sliding around on the controller? Oh hell no

I imagine there is some movement of the top portion. Rubbery but somewhat stiff. They would have to make those nubs pretty easily replaceable or repairs would be a nightmare. This is especially if there is force feedback built in to the nubs--which according to the other leaks, there is.

Banned
Face buttons.

Holy crap, I didn't think people would take a Seinfeld quote as supposed insider confirmation. This issue is getting people too riled up. I mean, we even had posters turning on Rosti in the other thread...

Just to be clear. I have no info, except my own common sense. I thought the evidence that the other photo was a fake seemed to be "grasping at straws". These new pics should seal the deal. The controller looks really slick. I'm sure there will be some option for physical buttons either via attachment or separate pro controller. It's Nintendo. Everyone should know by now to expect the unexpected.
To be fair Rösti did that to himself with his hexadecimal posts and vague english statements. Comes off as trolling or teasing for attention. Either say it or don't. You're not making it fun by being vague, don't be an IdeaMan.

Probably already been mentioned but that leaker is launch mentioning prices....there is absolutely no way he would have access to this information right now.

hwy_61

Banned
Yes. Wii U made sense as a Nintendo product... it was just a lukewarm concept. This, on the other hand, just doesn't jive with their design sensibilities.... that goes for both their good and bad sensibilities.

The D-Pad is their true north. They'd never abandon it.

N64? D-pad was pretty much useless on that thing wasn't it?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Hm.

Somebody "confirmed" the last set of pictures to me. I didn't believe or disbelieve, I just figured I'd wait for more information.

This might qualify as more information.

This seemed to fly under the radar during the madness of the intial reveal.

Does this "somebody" have a good track record?

Pokemaniac

The fact that someone could download the same demo, pause it at the same point and take a screenshot is not even worth mentioning, but ok

So did you just completely gloss over the fact that the image was very weirdly cropped from the original?

Especially because, if anything, this device should be displaying more than the video, not less.

ant1532

Banned
OK I GOT IT NOW

CONSPIRACY TIME

-white & black "devkit" leakers are the same dedicated faker
-3D print one white model, this one you cant fake the screen properly with since the material would shine through the glass, shop cropped UE4 demo screenshot into image
-Invent leaker one
-Paint it black, no need to shop a screenshot
-New photos, invent leaker two

this neatly also explains the "missing" mic hole on the black "devkit" - it got filled by paint

#teamFAKE yall

its fake. uploader acting like he knows launch titles. if anything nintendo would show maybe one or two games for examples. he's also pretending to know price. looking fake.

Vena

You need more than running and jumping though. What about the ground pound ?

Click both at the same time or scroll mid-jump or something, there's a lot of ways to turn what is effectively LMouse+RMouse and two scroll wheels with clicks in a lot of combinations. Or press one of the two sticks, if gated and/or built with feedback as per what some leaks claim.

In terms of platforming, I don't think there's a shortage of physical, real inputs and shoulder triggers are effectively no different from buttons. If they are analog they could even give two step functionality based on press strength.

For fighters? USB (its going to have multiple) + Gamecube Adapter.

Ashodin

Ok guys it's obvious that other people are trying to jump onto the leak train for glory

But everything in the OP is what is TRUE as far as leaks go

Everything else is grain of salt territory

Discomurf

The more I think about the possibilities of this controller the more excited I get. I realize it may not have traditional face buttons but who knows whats underneath, plus its something new and interesting that should be held/used before passing judgement. I'm keeping an open mind, there's a lot to this thing (if real!) -- lets not forget 3D with face tracking could be a very cool feature as well - an exaggerated example...

TdJ6ZWd.gif

Azoo

Neo Member
Because that image was photoshopped and then projected onto a TV.

That's not gonna convince me when the image is identical to the screenshot but with extra bloom added. :v

Really, there's no reason why the screenshot and the controller screen image would fit so perfectly into place from that angle nor position of where the screen is focusing.

ZOONAMI

This seemed to fly under the radar during the madness of the intial reveal.

Does this "somebody" have a good track record?

Interesting. Why does everything have to be so cryptic lol. "Confirmed" could mean confirmed fake, lol. And then doesn't believe or disbelieve, wait for more info.

This is more info?

Lol

BahamutPT

Ok guys it's obvious that other people are trying to jump onto the leak train for glory

But everything in the OP is what is TRUE as far as leaks go

Everything else is grain of salt territory

Except for everything still being just a rumour and not "real" as of yet.

its fake. uploader acting like he knows launch titles. if anything nintendo would show maybe one or two games for examples. he's also pretending to know price. looking fake.

That's was leaker 3 who sounded possibly credible for a second then disappeared up his own arse into fantasy land

The more I think about the possibilities of this controller the more excited I get. I realize it may not have traditional face buttons but who knows whats underneath, plus its something new and interesting that should be held/used before passing judgement. I'm keeping an open mind, there's a lot to this thing (if real!) -- lets not forget 3D with face tracking could be a very cool feature as well - an exaggerated example...

TdJ6ZWd.gif
OMG You're making me overhyped!
I love that!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Y'all were so quick to call fake, yet latch on to the PS4.5 as an absolute truth...

Smh

What parallel universe are you in? There are so many people on teamreal in this thread...

Hm.

Somebody "confirmed" the last set of pictures to me. I didn't believe or disbelieve, I just figured I'd wait for more information.

This might qualify as more information.

If Alberto says so, I am in teamreal too.

hwy_61

Banned

TdJ6ZWd.gif

Alright, that's pretty neat.

Click both at the same time or scroll mid-jump or something, there's a lot of ways to turn what is effectively LMouse+RMouse and two scroll wheels with clicks in a lot of combinations. Or press one of the two sticks, if gated and/or built with feedback as per what some leaks claim.

In terms of platforming, I don't think there's a shortage of physical, real inputs and shoulder triggers are effectively no different from buttons. If they are analog they could even give two step functionality based on press strength.

For fighters? USB (its going to have multiple) + Gamecube Adapter.

Wow. This sounds impractical at best. The worst aspect of that control in the end is that people try to find ways to make it work like a normal controler with clumsy ways... And yet we still havent found a potential interesting use other than different layouts, which is gimmicky.

butman

This could be something totally revolutionary in gaming industry, like when the first NES/Famicom controller was introduced, or Nintendo's doomsday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom