• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, and don't forget the GBA, PSP, PSVITA, etc. without a grip and really comfortable, then why the "NX controller" would by not ?

I wouldnt say any of those are that comfortable. Passable. Then you also have to think about maybe they were comfortable back then when you were younger and had smaller hands but if you try them now they aren't that great. Vita is probably the best but even that one has issues, especially when you have to use the analog sticks because of their position. Using the DPAD and regular buttons on Vita feel pretty good, although the slim version doesn't feel as good to hold as the original.

As much as I hate to admit it but the buttons vs no buttons argument feels like Blackberry vs Smart phones.

You had and still have people that love a keyboard on a Blackberry but most have moved on to touch screens. The Blackberry people are considered old fashioned and behind the times.

You have kids growing up now exclusively using phones, tablets and touch screens. Buttons aren't apart of their world.

I fear buttons on controllers may be the new Blackberry. If the NX has it where you can map and kind of button combination you desire along with haptic/tactical feedback, it could be a game changer and the most forward thinking Nintendo has done in years.

Phones don't require twitch game responses. The vast majority of games are swiping and tapping.

ZOONAMI

Can we have NX Tingle-tan?

2MEj8ut.jpg

Gross.

magnetic

As much as I hate to admit it but the buttons vs no buttons argument feels like Blackberry vs Smart phones.

You had and still have people that love a keyboard on a Blackberry but most have moved on to touch screens. The Blackberry people are considered old fashioned and behind the times.

You have kids growing up now exclusively using phones, tablets and touch screens. Buttons aren't apart of their world.

I fear buttons on controllers may be the new Blackberry. If the NX has it where you can map and kind of button combination you desire along with haptic/tactical feedback, it could be a game changer and the most forward thinking Nintendo has done in years.

It made sense to drop physical buttons on phones because those need to be as slim as possible, and writing text is only one of the things you do on a phone, and even when you're touch typing, making a typo isn't a big deal.

When I'm playing a game, missing even 1% of button presses is the easiest way to make me stop playing. I also don't need to put a controller or even a handheld in my pocket, I got a backpack for that.

A gaming device is also specialized hardware, whereas a smartphone is a versatile product that does a wide range of things. Putting physical game controls makes sense on a gaming device because it's meant to play games.

My point is, comparing this to phones is a shitty analogy. I've seen it many times in this thread and I'm honestly shocked to see this mentioned so often.

Not to say that haptic input could never work, but "because phones!" is a nonsense argument. Different devices with different use cases.

Mr Swine

Banned
Don't the onscreen buttons need to be large so you don't press on the wrong one? I mean looking at those screens it doesn't even look like you have big room to have many onscreen buttons near the circle pads :/

magnetic

This "you could put the buttons wherever you want!" seems like such a typical case of a solution in search of a problem to me.

Especially given how almost no Nintendo games aside from Smash let you remap buttons on your controller. Most games won't even let you adjust audio volumes. But suddenly they would let you freely move buttons across a touch surface?

The more I think about it, the less it makes sense.

The Lamp

I'll eat crow if I change my mind at reveal/release but hot damn this controller is so ugly and looks so uncomfortable and looks so uninspired and pointless and stupid.

Nintendo constantly finds new ways to disappoint me, especially with hardware. They should just give up and make software.

This "you could put the buttons wherever you want!" seems like such a typical case of a solution in search of a problem to me.

Especially given how almost no Nintendo games aside from Smash let you remap buttons on your controller. Most games won't even let you adjust audio volumes. But suddenly they would let you freely move buttons across a touch surface?

The designers can put the buttons they want and it doesn't make sense since there hasn't been a demonstration of what it's capable of since it hasn't been officially revealed

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Looks real but software is so good it could be a fake. Will hold off judgement.

Florist

Neo Member
I'll eat crow if I change my mind at reveal/release but hot damn this controller is so ugly and looks so uncomfortable and looks so uninspired and pointless and stupid.

Nintendo constantly finds new ways to disappoint me, especially with hardware. They should just give up and make software.

aka I don't know what this is yet and it frustrates me so I'm going to complaaaaain

The mere fact that you start with the possibility of changing your mind once you've been given actual details about the device displays that you are overreacting and jumping to conclusions.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Well, if that drawing isn't critical mass, I don't what it is, then.

Now, excuse me. I'm going to puke in the bath now.

Frodo

ZombiePlatypus, where is your thread with your drawings? I'm trying to find it but I can't.

It seems Gaming side missed that one.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm from Sweden. Heard some locals here gossiping about people going missing, seemingly out of thin air, no witnesses. Seems like they're snooping for cl

Oh God, the casualities are growing. I'm italian, so hopefully I'm s

Playing Smash? Fine. Here's your damn Gamecube layout.

Playing Street Fighter? Fine. Here's your damn six button controller.

Nintendo likes to design controllers around one game. This gives them a chance to do it for every game.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I wonder if the "leaked" 900p rumors were pertaining to this screen. Maybe streams 1080p on your tv but only 900p display. Just a thought.

-Horizon-

So, you two (or one) mystery "leaker"
pls give us the specs
I'm sure you have that

how many of the rams is it and are they covered in secret sauce while flying on the cloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom