• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacheeks

Banned
We probably wont get an answer just like we didn't on the last batch of photos. Everyone is under NDA

So does Sean or whoever he is work for NIntendo or have someone on the inside?

If so I find it a dick thing just to put a :) , or that picture as a good way to contribute. Kind of bullshit.

If this is real hope it blows up in Nintendo's FACE.

lt519

tumblr_lt7137rXvc1r17215o1_500.gif

GAF You have been amazing tonight.

Been at work, and you made it go by so fast. The topic was posted literally five minutes after i left to go to work, two and bit hours when i checked gaf on my tea break and saw this thread there had been 52 pages posted.

Disappeared for large periods of time at work. Meant to have been supervising and had a bit of scramble on to get things done in the end.

I missed quite a lot so be good to read back some of the stuff.

------

Just a thought about some ideas of there being different types of plates you can click the main screen into.

What if! What if, those plates are also customisable, so you know those 3DS back plates? What if they release loads of different decal plates as well? My wallet :(

I hope this is fake and then the real controller ends up being even worse. Like an app you download to your smart phone that truly is all touch controls, but on your shitty phone touch screen.

I don't really mean this, oh God GAF be kind.

Honestly the controller should just be a paper model of Mario and that is all.
Still better than Sticker Star.

DieH@rd

Banned
This thread jumped from page ~45 to 98 very quickly?

Can someone sum up what happened? Did we have some insider talk, that always make threads fly. :D

Why couldn't someone touch up a picture of something that's been 3D printed?

I personally think it's real now, and I'm not buying it.

Haha, ok man, I guess. There's always going to be "but what about..." type of response and that's fine.

Again, to me it always comes back to asking what is more likely. Do you truly think it's more likely that someone would 3D print a high-quality object, take multiple clear pictures of them at different angles, and then photoshop them in a way that cannot be detected?

Or is it more likely that this is real?

Kyzer

Banned
If gamepads cost $100 I could see these being around the same if they really are just controllers. Much smaller but also higher tech

If so I find it a dick thing just to put a :) , or that picture as a good way to contribute. Kind of bullshit.

Dude he's just having fun. We're just posting tree pictures in here, this is a mostly bullshit thread.

Honestly I think he was just fucking with us but who knows lol

BY2K

Membero Americo
You know, it's kind of silly to have that big "CONFIDENTIAL PROPERTY" sticker right on the side of the thing. Devkits NEVER have those. Usually the stickers on a devkit are only serial numbers and sometimes "Not for resale/sale/retail, beta only etc."

Pif

Banned
If this is true, Nintendo rocks for having the balls to atempt shit like this.

They are also probably not gonna have the slightest 3rd party support for not offering industry standard options out of the box.

I predict a flop like you've never seen before.

ZOONAMI

If anything I think :) if it has any meaningful would just be amusement at how silly all of this is over a bs fake.

Probably just general amusement.

Kyzer

Banned
GAF You have been amazing tonight.

Been at work, and you made it go by so fast. The topic was posted literally five minutes after i left to go to work, two and bit hours when i checked gaf on my tea break and saw this thread there had been 52 pages posted.

Disappeared for large periods of time at work. Meant to have been supervising and had a bit of scramble on to get things done in the end.

I missed quite a lot so be good to read back some of the stuff.

------

Just a thought about some ideas of there being different types of plates you can click the main screen into.

What if! What if, those plates are also customisable, so you know those 3DS back plates? What if they release loads of different decal plates as well? My wallet :(

Umm..get back to work lol

You know, it's kind of silly to have that big "CONFIDENTIAL PROPERTY" sticker right on the side of the thing. Devkits NEVER have those. Usually the stickers on a devkit are only serial numbers and sometimes "Not for resale/sale/retail, beta only etc."

Yeah thats one thing making me think it might be fake

Nanashrew

Banned

His GAF profile says he works at CIG and on Star Citizen, but I think he's messing with us just to make this thread even more crazier.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope Nintendo mentions trees at E3 during an inevitable NX presentation.

Peltz

Haha, ok man, I guess. There's always going to be "but what about..." type of response and that's fine.

Again, to me it always comes back to asking what is more likely. Do you truly think it's more likely that someone would 3D print a high-quality object, take multiple clear pictures of them at different angles, and then photoshop them in a way that cannot be detected?

Or is it more likely that this is real?

It's so hard to fathom this being the final design... But yea, it's also hard to fathom this being fake at this point.

Kyzer

Banned
Sigh...TeamReal and I really hope this thing has magic buttons that appear out of nowhere I cant play smash on a phone wtf. (or theyll just have pro controller support I guess.)

kankki

Senior Project Lead, NX Hardware Design at Nintendo of Europe

But they do.

Nintendo-Ndev-revolution-dev-kit.jpg

I think this is real, but the final product will look quite different and actually have buttons and a more ergonomic shape. This whole thing is wild, but I trust in Nintendo to release a good and comfy controller.

Edit: Hello there, page 100.

Just speculating, but there's a difference between "this is a dev-only device, you cannot sell it" and "this is a confidential device not yet announced to the market, you may not even talk about it". I could see lawyers demanding them

I agree that it seems pretty on the nose but so is Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom