• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boat

It's the quality of the image, how easy would it be for someone to take that leak from a week or two ago and create a physical mock? It would require someone with the talent and equipment and into fooling gamers to create that. Think about what would need to go INTO creating images like this.

It's not fake; as in the contents of the image. Is it the NX console controller specifically? That's debatable.
We've had the patent for longer than that and plenty of people have access to 3D printers. Or yeah, it has nothing to do with NX.

Loris146

From the EIC of Game Informer
W7PEAoS.png

James-Franco-Drinking-Water-laughing-to-shock.gif

moggio

Banned
If the touch-only technology is improved enough over the current state of mobile gaming to where you can actually do "real" gaming on it, why wouldn't people be OK with it?

If this thread is any indication, people just can't handle things that aren't like everything else. It confuses them and makes them afraid.

Syf

Banned
Looks absolutely terrible and a continuation of their failure when it comes to hardware. I think they'd be better off focusing on software, but they won't.

Anth0ny

Funny this does remind me of the reaction to the Wii Remote.

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63251

Of course this is going to come up a lot. The thing is, times have changed. In a world where everyone has a smart phone and access to thousands of free games at the tap of a button, a weird, gimmicky, inexpensive console that offers a "different" experience appeals neither to the casual players who want a lighter experience (they once went to the Wii and DS, but now are satisfied with their iPhone games) nor hardcore players, who are more than satisfied playing Grand Theft Auto on their Playstation, Xbox or PC.

This appeals to no one. Like the Wii U, it will fail. Of course, this is all barring a Wii-esque miracle. But I seriously, seriously have a hard time seeing that happening again.

Welp

Make a pro controller at least for the home console version or alternate control styles

No buttons :/ , maybe they are looking to get the mobile audience? I'm lost

Show it to us Nintendo

KingBroly

Banned
RedLynx is in Finland, and I could pretty easily imagine Ubisoft porting Trials to NX for a launch title given it's a pick up and play, more broad audience type of game.

Do you think they're big enough to have gotten an early dev kit, though?

And now that this Finnish/Swedish thing is out there, whoever leaked this has their days numbered.

Assuming it's true.

Yes, my point still stands. None of the changes from the prototype to final version of the Wii U gamepad were drastic changes to the overall design. They were nice changes, but the core product was solidly designed. You really think they're going to completely redesign the entire form factor of this between now and possible launch this holiday season?

Form factor being the shape? Yeah, it's possible. The Wii U gamepad changed it's ergonomics. The DS changed from E3 to the release version

nintendo-ds-e3-2004.jpg

Like I said, physical face buttons are the biggest unknown. The other stuff has been shown to change

Morts

I don't hate it, but I'm not 100% sold either. I also don't know if I'm looking at a handheld or a console controller.

They do have an easy out if they just let you pair a Wii U Pro Controller with the console.

I'm still fully expecting this to be the primary controller, but the system being boxed with a pro controller as to not scare devs away from making 'traditional' games for fear of lack of controls.

Clov

Well, I'm convinced now. Hope I can get used to touch screen buttons.

Also hope that I can still use the Gamecube controller with Smash if there's a port.

If this thread is any indication, people just can't handle things that aren't like everything else. It confuses them and makes them afraid.

Pretty much. There's literally no reason a well implemented haptic button would be in any way inferior to physical buttons, and it provides a number of advantages as well (such as customizable layouts, and the ability for certain games to utilize unique button schemes as well)

So once Nintendo lost that cross d pad patent they just said "fuck d pads entirely!"?

Curious if they will still try to get 3rd party support with a controller like that

imjust1n

Banned
I......actually....like it......sorry guys!
ok no phyical buttons but cmon how much longer is the world gonna need phyical buttons? eventually tech will move away from certain older tech. Iphone is trying to get rid of 3.5 head jacks where nintendo is tryin to get rid of traditional controllers. Lets see what they do with this controller if it feels great and the hypaic feedback feels great and it works then hey? who cares. so my first thought is wait...what? then im thinking of the possiblities in what ninendo can do with this and it might just work. I do like the look of the controller.

Alright, the posts now slowly fade from funny overreacting to the annoying as fuck "Nintendo 3rd party"-posts.

Could this shit become bannable, please? Thread is on direct way to sh*thole because of this.

Man

That seems terrible. Even with haptic feedback I can't imagine this feeling good in the grip.

I was super pro for Wii and optimistic for Wii U prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom