• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX fan concept art thread

Found this just now ....

https://twitter.com/KingAveryGames/status/778328433155792897

Cs0tiv2XEAAy2Eu.jpg

Peterc

Since the detached controller are cheap, couldn't they sell one with dpad not splitted?

Just for those that doesn't need 2 controllers

jax

Banned
That with a d-pad instead on the left would be nice imo. The thickness would actually encourage me for performance/battery life, it doesn't' need to be pencil thin.
I like this, but if it were up to me the buttons wouldn't be so aysemetrical, and it wouldn't be glossy at all.

SMG

I don't think it will have detachable controls like many are guessing. Such a potential for loosing bits.

Calm Mind

Nice... but a little safe. Too much like a Wii U Gamepad, but less ergonomic.

Doesn't seem to have out-of-the-box multi though, which is probably fine.

All the rumors suggest this will be the safest thing imaginable from Nintendo. I am surprised the NX has gotten this much attention as it has. Everything I hear about it conceptually is very boring.

I don't think it will have detachable controls like many are guessing. Such a potential for loosing bits.

It's possible and hinted by many but between all the leaks/rumors this is the thing I'm the most curious about. How will they and why would they in the first place us detachable controllers...

I'm ok for Wii Remote like control compatibility but no need to attach them to the NX.

I always assumed/guessed:
- NX mix between Gamepad / 3DS portable console
- NX dock station for TV play with extra power in the dock (upscaling and maybe other things)
- Compatibility for multiplayer if NX on the dock (using Pro controller, Wii Remote...)
Then gameplay mechanics from NES to Wii U will be possible. Same for portable systems.

You can play anything Nintendo on it !

This said I find that the image I posted, even if probably not true, is very well done. But yeah I'd rather have something different.

Frodo

From what Chû Totoro posted, I find this comparison pretty amusing:

imagen%2Bnx.jpg

u.jpg

We need to go deeper.

Honestly, though, it must be a joy to read these threads when you actually know what the NX is.

And not the controller being in a U shape and the console/handheld/hybrid being called Wii U U.

Kurt

We need to go deeper.

Honestly, though, it must be a joy to read these threads when you actually know what the NX is.
And not the controller being in a U shape and the console/handheld/hybrid being called Wii U U.
i don't believe that this is been 3D printed. To much work.

i don't believe that this is been 3D printed. To much work.

Yeah but Nintendo made many different versions of the system like always. They may have shared and try different things with devs. That's also why there's almost always contradictory things that leak.

So maybe not 3D printed, maybe yes + PS (my opinion) but matches many rumors like many things posted here. Now which rumor is true, which is not :p

Kurt

Chû Totoro;218127200 said:
Yeah but Nintendo made many different versions of the system like always. They may have shared and try different things with devs. That's also why there's almost always contradictory things that leak.

So maybe not 3D printed, maybe yes + PS (my opinion) but matches many rumors like many things posted here. Now which rumor is true, which is not :p

But the picture shows Zelda. I don't think any 3th party dev also has zelda included in the devkit :)

cantona222

I'll join the fun. (Sorry about the crap quality. I'm not used to this digital pen.)

Controllers will be profile Mario heads. Analog stick on nose. Hair is cushiony for comfy grip. Tongue is a trigger button similar to a gun trigger.

m3ecOB3.jpg

Both controllers will house the center screen/mobile unit. Tongues and teeth will lock all 3 components together.

yJ6Ay07.jpg

Lol. I literally laughed out loud.

But the picture shows Zelda. I don't think any 3th party dev also has zelda included in the devkit :)

I'm not trying to say it's legit (quite the opposite actually). Like I said I saw this on Twitter and since it's pretty well done I posted it here (in the "fan concept art" thread).

I don't know what the NX looks like and if you read my posts you'll see that I'm not asking for detachable controllers :p

But like always I just want to see how it'll work. Then I'll know if I like it or not.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
none of these mockups, and quite frankly the rumors as well, point to a viable portable system. who the he'll is going to use any of these monstrosities on a train in the US or even worse, Japan's packed trains.

none of these mockups, and quite frankly the rumors as well, point to a viable portable system. who the he'll is going to use any of these monstrosities on a train in the US or even worse, Japan's packed trains.

Controllers of course not but regarding size of the screen it can be as big as an iPad mini.
I don't want something bigger even if some people are out there taking pictures with their "regular" iPads (smh).

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Chû Totoro;218127950 said:
Controllers of course not but regarding size of the screen it can be as big as an iPad mini.
I don't want something bigger even if some people are out there taking pictures with their "regular" iPads (smh).

so no buttons on a portable from Nintendo? I don't buy it.

this whole concept doesn't make any sense to me from a business or as a fun video game idea.

so no buttons on a portable from Nintendo? I don't buy it.

this whole concept doesn't make any sense to me from a business or as a fun video game idea.

Yeah that's the issue for me too. No buttons seems too risky even if they want to chase after mobile gaming audience.

Nintendo is using mobile to gain new players on their dedicated gaming consoles so of course their apps will be playable on NX but for more complex games we need buttons (and not only when using detachable controllers else this means they think mobile gaming like experiences are their main point of sale).

Clearly iPad mini like size is max but with buttons of course and not detachable please (because this worries me regarding quality and what experiences will be made in majority). Even if I like jaxapollo's concept.

Peterc

Looks allot of work to fool people. Doesn't even seems to be a nintendo like console.

1h of fun for a day work before it's discover it's fake.

Also dpad looks allot like the one from sony:

d4-dpad-close.jpg

Even Nintendo would always make their own splitted dpad, don't think it's legal to copy this.

Top Bottom