• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - The Complete Technical Analysis - All Consoles

geordiemp

I think NXGamer NXGamer tried to include too many consoles here, tongue twisted between ps4 / ps5 and xb1x and series X.

God all of us would get tongue twisted talking about so many consoles.

I hope he just does ps5 and XSX in future so its easier to follow,a nd do a little side note for Series S at the end maybe.

Last edited:

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I was hoping screen tearing would be a thing of the past.
IQ has never been so important.
People can’t be expected to put up with this when they spend so much on new consoles/ 4K TVs with VRR....etc.

assurdum

Banned
Devil may cry is better as the 3 options that are usable the xbox series x was a little bit better.

Neither hit a good enough 120fps so anyone who thinks ps5 won on that game is being silly.

The 2 consoles are the closest I can remember to rival consoles have ever been I think.
The only reason because ps5 win everytime it's because the narrative around the series X been always oriented to "set the world to the fire" in performance, so even when it's not in a clear advantage, ps5 is still in a better position. Whatever multiplat will land on ps5 will be always a victory except if games will start to show dramatic difference (but I doubt it honestly). MS should just blame themselves, because overpromise rarely gives comeback for the companies

Last edited:

INC

Cliff notes?

CpOwG4W.png

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Crazy amount of work. Made me think if you can use 1 controller, to multiple consoles at once. Some rig put together, to have like a same gameplay, which you don't have to replay, etc...

Aceofspades

Banned
Devil may cry is better as the 3 options that are usable the xbox series x was a little bit better.

Neither hit a good enough 120fps so anyone who thinks ps5 won on that game is being silly.

The 2 consoles are the closest I can remember to rival consoles have ever been I think.

Do you consider fps average of 0.01 is better? 🤣

skneogaf

Do you consider fps average of 0.01 is better? 🤣

I'm just going off what digital foundry shown us.

The non 1080p@120fps mode they imply that the series x was a little bit better.

If xbox fixes the screen tearing on its games I can't imagine many players being able to tell if only playing the one version.

I agree. MS don’t help with their absurd naming conventions.
I still find it embarrassing when trying to say something about the og xbox vs the xbox one then the one s/x vs the series S/X... only the 360 doesn't get in the mix, but the problems started when they named the 360, marketing did not know where to go after this.

Imagine the kids that will be disappointed because their parents will not have time to figure out all this and they will buy another ones s/x instead of one of the new toys.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I still find it embarrassing when trying to say something about the og xbox vs the xbox one then the one s/x vs the series S/X... only the 360 doesn't get in the mix, but the problems started when they named the 360, marketing did not know where to go after this.

Imagine the kids that will be disappointed because their parents will not have time to figure out all this and they will buy another ones s/x instead of one of the new toys.
I couldn’t agree more. Amazon posted a 2000% increase in Xbox One X sales on preorder day for XBSX.
Theres going to be a lot of disappointment this Xmas.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Listen fucking carefully here, if XSX was using V-Sync, the performance would be even worse, and the delta will be larger in favor of PS5: (timestamped)

Overall delta even with Xbox consoles having no V-Sync support and enjoying a festival of tearing:

acv-comparison.jpg

Last edited:

Vognerful

Oh no I can zoom myself, I don't see any difference. If I have to zoom 5000 times to see the difference then clearly xbox won (less resources to get same result) :pie_roffles:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Oh no I can zoom myself, I don't see any difference. If I have to zoom 5000 times to see the difference then clearly xbox won (less resources to get same result) :pie_roffles:

Nah, I didn't zoom and can see it on its native form. It should be much easier via direct feed from both consoles though as youtube compression makes it harder.

If you can't see it, don't worry, it's your natural limitation.

Last edited:

Allandor

And yes again, PS5 has the sharper overall image, slightly though:

vlcsnap-2020-11-21-18h14m53s173.png

vlcsnap-2020-11-21-18h14m43s817.png

Open both on separate pages, zoom as much, or download both and investigate. This could be a result of a more lossy compression on XSX via BCPack vs Oodle Kraken.
This is the result of the image compression and/or a minim angle change.
But I really don't see that much differences.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I was hoping screen tearing would be a thing of the past.
IQ has never been so important.
People can’t be expected to put up with this when they spend so much on new consoles/ 4K TVs with VRR....etc.

If you've got VRR then screen tearing is a thing of the past.

Listen fucking carefully here, if XSX was using V-Sync, the performance would be even worse, and the delta will be larger in favor of PS5: (timestamped)

Overall delta even with Xbox consoles having no V-Sync support and enjoying a festival of tearing:

acv-comparison.jpg

Just wait for the T O O L S to mature. It'll be 90FPS with VSync on XSX. And no tearing at all.

Last edited:
So is Ubisoft the king of no-optimizations?

It seems like the first big patch for AC, will make these comparisons completely obsolete.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This is the result of the image compression.

Both are from the very same source, PNG lossless files to keep it as it is without further quality loss like in JPG. Anyway, it would be much better if we compare direct feed screenshots from both systems.

Last edited:

Open both on separate pages, zoom as much, or download both and investigate. This could be a result of a more lossy compression on XSX via BCPack vs Oodle Kraken.
That to me looks like better Anysotropic FIltering on PS5, same case as WDL.

For me it looks more like a problem in the video capture or encoding, at least this is the impression I get seeing these images. There's something wrong with the output on the SeX. Everyone is talking now about how the PS5 deliver less bandwidth from it's HDMI, but what about how it's using that bandwidth compared with the SeX? I feel that the SeX is delivering subpar video output.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Xsx drops to 50
Ps5 drops to 57

Loads more screen tearing on xsx

Some effects like bloom and skin texture are higher on ps5

Xsx drops more often to 1440p vs ps5 1640p but ps5 also does drop to 1440p in some instances

This is what I'm more interested in.

Top Bottom