• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(NX Gamer) PS5 Pro spec review, Xbox Multi-platform, Helldivers 2 victim of success, Retro & more

Mr.Phoenix

I’m not convinced we are getting a ps5 pro this year, as there was nothing in insomniac leaks, maybe next year.
was there anything about PS remote on there? Or PSVR2? Why do you think they would be discussing stuff that are not even finalized in an insomniac memo?

Celcius

°Temp. member
The PS5 has had 8K on the box since it launched. If the PS5 Pro doesn't launch with 8K support then Sony deserves to be called out for it.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
If the Pro is real, I'll be curious how they market it to the masses. PS4 Pro kind of made sense with the increased adoption of 4K and the PSVR push. I'm not sure higher frame rates and ray tracing is going to get your general audience excited, especially if it comes in at $600. If I were Sony, I'd try to keep the price at $499.00, price drop the old model and phase it out.
IDK about Playstation but I know the teams at Xbox will come up with some bullshit like "Negative load times" "Ultra Ray Tracing" "Enhanced HDR"

Rockman33

It's a niche product that primarily sells to existing customers, Sony will want a large profit margin.

They can't even discount the existing PS5 (their words) so I would expect anything between $599 - $750.
Odd that they say they can’t discount when their chip is on a smaller node then when it launched and prices on all things have reduced since then.

was there anything about PS remote on there? Or PSVR2? Why do you think they would be discussing stuff that are not even finalized in an insomniac memo?
Having your main developer not knowing anything about a ps5 pro coming out in 12 months time , when it’s all over the internet, seems concerning to me. But will see, I could be wrong.

Jesb

If those are the specs that happen in terms of tflops that’s about a 50% improvement. That doesn’t sound like a small upgrade. A small upgrade would be a 5-20% increase. But this is saying almost twice as much more tflops than the current PS5.

Audiophile

Gold Member
How did he work out that PS5 Pro GDDR6 bandwidth?
3591OFs.png

It would require 19.5Gbps GDDR6X chips which have only ever been used on Zotac & Palit 3090s.

256*(19.5/8)=624

Almost so specific that it makes me want to believe it.

EDIT: scratch that, somehow missed the 7800xt having that bandwidth, ah well.. :lollipop_anxious_sweat:

Another random sidenote. If they were using 15.6Gbps on a 320-Bit bus (20GB GDDR6) for the same 624GB/s speed, that'd match a common, stable overclock limit of early GDDR6 14Gbps. Perhaps they have a stack of leftovers or access to some bargain basement chips and are overclocking them. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Guys I'll probably be sued to hell by Sony for leaking this information but yolo.

The next video game console from Sony will use the word "Playstation"

RCU005

All those specs to have PS4 games run at 4k/60fps? What about getting a true built-for-PS5 game first, before getting a Pro?

Not trying to troll. but it's really baffling that Sony is getting this thing made, when they haven't even given up on PS4 games 4 years into this gen!

This gen third parties have made better games, which is fine, but they are still PS4 games! It's frustrating that people only care abut60-120fps instead of a complete evolution of a game which should come with a new gen?

Physics are gone in games! Ever since PS4, we have static graphics that look pretty but also look like dioramas. What happened to dynamic destruction, and all that stuff PS3 games had? What happened to better AI? People should be worrying more about that, than just frames per second!

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Idk, I don't buy it. I'm not claiming this "couldn't" be a PS5 Pro, but this feels more like a case of insiders playing the "telephone" game and they are circulating the same speculation. Over time, as people keep circulating variations of this rumour, it goes from speculation to "I heard this inside info".

All those specs to have PS4 games run at 4k/60fps? What about getting a true built-for-PS5 game first, before getting a Pro?

Not trying to troll. but it's really baffling that Sony is getting this thing made, when they haven't even given up on PS4 games 4 years into this gen!
I think Sony doesn't release PS4 games for at least a year now? Except MLB games. SM2, Helldivers 2, etc aren't on PS4.

DryvBy

If the Pro is real, I'll be curious how they market it to the masses. PS4 Pro kind of made sense with the increased adoption of 4K and the PSVR push. I'm not sure higher frame rates and ray tracing is going to get your general audience excited, especially if it comes in at $600. If I were Sony, I'd try to keep the price at $499.00, price drop the old model and phase it out.

I have no interest in one. The PS5 is perfectly fine at this point and there's only a couple of more years left in this console gen for them. Why bother?

Pimpbaa

If it comes with 16GB of GDDR6, I really hope that it’s true that it will also have 4GBs of DDR4 for the OS. Ray tracing can be vram intensive.

bender

What time is it?
I have no interest in one. The PS5 is perfectly fine at this point and there's only a couple of more years left in this console gen for them. Why bother?

I'd go one further. If we get a PS5 Pro, my plan for my next Playstation purchase would be the PS6 Pro. Cross generation support isn't going to go away and I'd only be missing out on a few titles if I had just stuck with my PS4 Pro.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I'd go one further. If we get a PS5 Pro, my plan for my next Playstation purchase would be the PS6 Pro. Cross generation support isn't going to go away and I'd only be missing out on a few titles if I had just stuck with my PS4 Pro.
If Sony put more of their games on PC, I will probably do the same.

Mr.Phoenix

Having your main developer not knowing anything about a ps5 pro coming out in 12 months time , when it’s all over the internet, seems concerning to me. But will see, I could be wrong.
Who said they didn't know? Because it was not written in some PDF that was to be shared with all internal studios and even some third parties? For something that is supposed to be kept under wraps, that sounds to me like the kinda thing you want to not be in such a document.

Even now, whichever studios have access to that SDK, it would be amongst a very small select number of people, most likely the studio engineers.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Why did you think he would have the specs before anyone else on the internet in the first place?
Tbh I thought they had maybe leaked and he simply got a video out pronto or because he's such a sound lad Sony sent him a wee envelope with the specs in it ;-)

Top Bottom