• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Subreddit mods "verifying" the the source of NX *RUMORS.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Man what is your problem? I'm sick and tired of you coming into rumored NX topics and saying this. Why are rumors for NX not allowed? Just don't come here if you have a problem with the NX.

Wait for the official announcement.

marmoka

Banned
I rather not believe anything, honestly. Let's wait for the reveal, then we will know which of these rumours were true or something invented by people who lack of attention.

Anyone else fed up of these threads now? And not because of the OP's but damn Nintendo themselves not doing anything with the NX, ooh lets keep it a secret until we are ready to release it, like Apple do

I swear to god they are trying to pull a Apple, where by the time they have the direct, 2 weeks later the console is in the store, what they dont realize is, it will hurt them, big time, what works for Apple will not necessary work for Nintendo, since the iproducts are huge, Apple can do this, Nintendo cannot.

The console is five months away from launching. I don't see how this is proof they're trying to pull an Apple.

If the system hasn't been revealed by the end of January, sure. As of now, it simply appears Nintendo is banking on having a shorter reveal-to-launch cycle than what is standard for this industry.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The console is five months away from launching. I don't see how this is proof they're trying to pull an Apple.

If the system hasn't been revealed by the end of January, sure. As of now, it simply appears Nintendo is banking on having a shorter reveal-to-launch cycle than what is standard for this industry.

How can you bank on something that has never worked well for anyone so far? Shouldn't they play it safer after Wii U? (Wii U went the opposite approach to be far, one of the longest waits between initial reveal and launch)

How can you bank on something that has never worked well for anyone so far? Shouldn't they play it safer after Wii U? (Wii U went the opposite approach to be far, one of the longest waits between initial reveal and launch)

I don't think anyone else has really tried this approach. The closest would be MS with the XB1, I guess.

Santar

Interact with your games on the go sure fits with that other "play a mobile version on the handheld" rumor from a little while ago.

The WiiU was Nintendo playing it safe. And the market responded accordingly. They have to take risks in order to become relevant again.

oti

Banned
Interact with your games on the go sure fits with that other "play a mobile version on the handheld" rumor from a little while ago.

That sounds perfect fpr mobile game developers and TERRIBLE for 3rd party console games developers.

120v

The WiiU was Nintendo playing it safe. And the market responded accordingly. They have to take risks in order to become relevant again.

wii u was nintendo playing it stupid

really not sure what "risks" they could take at this point... the market has pretty much jelled for now. mobile, high-end, VR, ect. the possible routes are pretty clear

900p and a box larger than the Wii U? Fake.

Still, a fake rumour on a Sunday morning, distilled through the rewording of vigilant reddit mods - what's not to like?

jdstorm

Banned
You alteady can do that with handhelds, tablets, laptops and mobiles..

Even with WiiU and ps4

Sure. There is a proven market that for portable gaming. This isn't news. However there is no device that currently allows a current gen console gaming experience within those parameters.

Laptops have the hassle of PC gaming, while being portable and overly expensive. Same with most Android devices. iOS gaming is a little better, however it's significantly more expensive then 300USD for an iPhone and you have to buy a seperate controller. Neither the Wii U or PS4 are portable, so you are tied to the lounge room.

The closest thing is remote play on the Vita but that's barely 540p.

Then there is the point of difference that Mobile devices won't play fully fledged Nintendo experiences.

test_account

XP-39C²
PS3 wiped out the net profits of the previous two generations before it and caused a CEO to step down.

Wii U was profitable after a year despite collapsing sales.
I think the point was that equal price tags doesnt mean that both things will be equal attractive.

How much did Nintendo make on the WiiU?

spekkeh

Banned
Why would they waste time producing packaging with NX on it?

Seems fake.
This. The 4k streaming and 900p comes straight from the GfK questionnaire. White and blue doesn't make sense with the red branding they started doing since 2 years ago. $399 bundle flies in the face of the cheap hardware deal and remarks they made about fudging the price of the Wii u.

Very little of this supposed leak makes sense. I'm calling bullshit.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I guess we'll see. Benefit of the doubt and all that-

It definitely will work for some, that's for sure. Let's hope the general public responds the same.

What I mean is that the same rumor of the price also implies basically two consoles for that price

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Good you do that. We'll continue to speculate and have discussions. Thanks.

Every single one of these rumour threads have been closed by a mod. Every single one of them. It's pointless discussing NX rumours.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Oh good, not only a reddit rumour, now a wild twitter account popped up too. Nice of you to promote young talents on twitter. And let yourself fooled by anyone who mention "NX" somewhere.

Emily interviews SMD on why he believes NX will be different than what Emily has reported.

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/...taldave64-why-he-disagrees-with-my-nx-rumors/

I mean I don't get why she did it. She doesn't say anything back. I know it's just an interview, but seemed pointless.

I found it kind of pointless too or like a cross-promotion which I don't fully understand. Maybe it was just to have his theories documented.

JoeM86

Is it though? This is still on par with the Xbox One is it not?

ggx2ac

Is it though? This is still on par with the Xbox One is it not?

If I didn't count it wrong, there's 185/186 days difference from reveal to launch of Xbox One. (May 21 reveal, November 22nd launch.)

Emily Rogers mentioned earlier it's 143 days until NX releases in the month of March although I assume that meant first day of March (but not releasing on the first day) so it's anywhere from 143 to 174 days. So shorter than Xbox One.

Take a look at @tomphillipsEG's Tweet: https://twitter.com/tomphillipsEG/status/785050082953596928?s=09

Sorta interesting (probably already discussed)

"Big new Mario game" at launch would be ideal.
It depends on what he means by "big Mario game". I'm going to assume he means a 3D Mario game. There's no way Nintendo would launch with Zelda AND 3D Mario.

But maybe Nintendo is very desperate to make sure the NX takes off and this will guarantee it does it. Maybe, Nintendos development for NX is going smoothly to where they're creating lots of games, so there's no worry about the rest of the year because they'll have lots of games.

My hype would be insane if they had 3D Mario at launch! Like it would be the most hype I've ever been for a system.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm telling you guys. Next week.

You guys have been saying this for the last what, 6 months? Some week you're actually going to be right.

Maybe the extra hardware box rumour is true, if you going to have a bundle 100 bucks more expensive.

Nintendo would never go for a solution that clunky to satiate the 5% of the Nintendo fanbase that thinks power really trumps anything over a mass-market price.

Let's be honest, there's bound to be a Mario game at launch. And before anyone starts citing Gamecube yada yada, Luigi's Mansion was close enough and Nintendo today wouldn't miss the opportunity to put their no.1 mascot on the launch lineup following a lacklustre previous gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom