• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

Opted in :)

Update on the Xbox Forums on selection/enrollment process:

"The next Xbox One update is nearly here and we're excited to start receiving feedback on it. This release includes substantial under-the-hood changes and some exciting new features. Over the next few weeks we'll be gradually enabling the new update option for the Preview audience.

During the rollout of the New Xbox One Experience last year, there was some confusion surrounding our selection process. This time we’re making it more simple. The option to enroll a console to test the latest update will be made available to users according to their Preview Award point score at the end of the last Preview wave (the users with the most Preview Award points will be eligible to opt-in first). Once you're eligible (and again, everyone in Preview will ultimately be eligible), you'll receive an Xbox Live message indicating that you now have the option to enroll in the latest Xbox One Experience via the Xbox Preview Dashboard. If you elect to enroll, your console will begin receiving updates shortly thereafter. Note: 'Shortly thereafter' is subjective :). The amount of time between opting in and receiving a build will vary based on issues identified by the Preview audience. Not to worry though, we will add people in the order that they opted in. "

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...review_forums/nxoe_1603/f/5601/t/2165359.aspx

So, order of invites are based on your points (activity) in the last preview wave.

You will get the updates pushed to you in the order you opt in (so opt in whenever you get the message :p)

etta

my hard graphic balls
So if you got the message early on then you're likely in the first initial waves. That's why some people don't see the option to enroll now.

Rellik

So, order of invites are based on your points (activity) in the last preview wave.

You will get the updates pushed to you in the order you opt in (so opt in whenever you get the message :p)

Makes sense since I do every poll, survey and quest handed to me and I was sent a message for this first wave.

gossi

Based on what happened last year, do NOT enrol unless you are willing to beta test, have missing features and potentially have bad things happen. And lots of updates every few days.

Chris1

Edit: Nvm I'm an idiot. You have to click change on current xbox one experience,then select latest that way.

Got in thanks. Really excited to see what they have in store for us this time.

Rellik

Based on what happened last year, do NOT enrol unless you are willing to beta test, have missing features and potentially have bad things happen. And lots of updates every few days.

I blame developers over use of the word beta on demos. The moment MS gave us a real beta, people bitched and moaned about bugs.

Got the message on my smartglass app but im in work just now, I take it theres no way to do the change remotely?

You'll have to do it on your console.

I like that they're rolling this out based on participation.

Makes sense that the people who did the most 'work' last time, would do the most work this time. Anyone who slacks off on this build would get pushed back next time/etc.

I guess if we got the option and accepted we should get it soon!

Can't wait for TV bugs so the GF can kill me when it doesn't work right :D

etta

my hard graphic balls
What do you mean "score"?
fb0.jpg

Your preview score for completing quests and rating stuff.

Bsigg12

Currently watching Mike Ybarra'a Twitter feed like a hawk. Will continue to check regularly in hopes of a hint of when the first update is going out.

No idea why smartglass didn't tell me I had a message, but I responded to mine 16 hours after receiving it, about 4 hours ago.

Looking forward to it.

Hmm, I could've swore it changed when they asked us to do something similar before.

I hope we get something before E3.

I imagine we'll get an update with very minor changes, but essentially it'll allow them to 'turn on' whatever new features they announce at E3. Like what they did with BC last year.

gossi

FYI the update should be available to all by end of July. They're aiming to launch Win 10 Anniversary on PC, Mobile and Xbox at same time, for Universal Apps.

link1201

FYI the update should be available to all by end of July. They're aiming to launch Win 10 Anniversary on PC, Mobile and Xbox at same time, for Universal Apps.
Hopefully preview members get it really soon then.

I was in this but got out. Is there a way to get back in?

Do I need another invite?
Should have the preview app, and you can reregister your console that way.

checked my registration. I dont have the option to elect the latest build yet. Still in the current preview selection.

I guess that would mean i need the message first in order to know eligibility.

Rellik

checked my registration. I dont have the option to elect the latest build yet. Still in the current preview selection.

Have you earned any points since the last beta? That seems to be how we were selected.

MrBenchmark

Have you earned any points since the last beta? That seems to be how we were selected.
I maybe did one survey since last update and I got the invite first day. But I have previewed every Xbox dashboard ever and was a live beta tester. Not sure if that matters.

I maybe did one survey since last update and I got the invite first day. But I have previewed every Xbox dashboard ever and was a live beta tester. Not sure if that matters.
It doesn't, they mentioned in the post at the top of this page that they based it off of points in the last beta ( completing quests, polls, surveys)

link1201

i would love an invite to this.

I invited you but I am not sure if they are still accepting new people in or not. I did notice they made the way you invite people more convenient so that's a good sign.

They posted a bit more about the selection process replying to someone in the official forums
"The messages were delivered to a subset of Preview users. The users with the highest Preview Award point score at the end of the last wave received the message first (on Weds/Thurs depending on timezone). For those that elected to opt in, pending is normal at the moment. More messages will be going out to Preview members once we get rolling with the builds. Hope this helps!"

Caayn

Now that Windows 10 is getting the option to select the install drive when installing an UWA app. Is there any chance that we'll get one as well for the XB1?

I've got multiple hard drives hooked up and like to keep everything ordered without needing to change the general storage installation setting every time.

Opted in :)

Update on the Xbox Forums on selection/enrollment process:

"The next Xbox One update is nearly here and we're excited to start receiving feedback on it. This release includes substantial under-the-hood changes and some exciting new features. Over the next few weeks we'll be gradually enabling the new update option for the Preview audience.

During the rollout of the New Xbox One Experience last year, there was some confusion surrounding our selection process. This time we’re making it more simple. The option to enroll a console to test the latest update will be made available to users according to their Preview Award point score at the end of the last Preview wave (the users with the most Preview Award points will be eligible to opt-in first). Once you're eligible (and again, everyone in Preview will ultimately be eligible), you'll receive an Xbox Live message indicating that you now have the option to enroll in the latest Xbox One Experience via the Xbox Preview Dashboard. If you elect to enroll, your console will begin receiving updates shortly thereafter. Note: 'Shortly thereafter' is subjective :). The amount of time between opting in and receiving a build will vary based on issues identified by the Preview audience. Not to worry though, we will add people in the order that they opted in. "

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...review_forums/nxoe_1603/f/5601/t/2165359.aspx

We have to Enroll again? really...

Dont like this Score stuff either...

Quests were broken for me the last couple of updates....

EvB

Now that Windows 10 is getting the option to select the install drive when installing an UWA app. Is there any chance that we'll get one as well for the XB1?

I've got multiple hard drives hooked up and like to keep everything ordered without needing to change the general storage installation setting every time.

I'd imagine probably not, that sounds like quite unique useagr of multiple HDDS. You you have apps on one and games on another or something?

Caayn

I'd imagine probably not, that sounds like quite unique useagr of multiple HDDS. You you have apps on one and games on another or something?
Yeah, I realize that I'm not exactly the average user.

Here's how my set-up looks.
hddusagecaaynaau7m.png

Intern: Is the internal drive is practically unused. I only have my apps and Halo games installed on here (My XB1 unit is the Halo 5 edition).
XB1-360HDD: Is the drive with all my digital 360 game installed. (I still need to install the physical games I've....)
XB1-ExtHDD: Is the drive where I install all my XB1 games (with the exception of Halo games.)

I do this for two reasons;
1. The game library is rather slow when you've got a lot of games installed and you're trying to get something near the end or the middle.
2. I can get to my stuff faster by filtering on the drive it's installed on.

Try doing a hard reset of the console, the option wasn't showing for me either until I did that.

Akai__

I got my Xbox Message 2 days ago and I don't really have that many preview points. People shouldn't worry too much about those.

Anyways. Looking forward to the updates. Hope they have some nice features and improvements.

I wonder if that promised Achievement system re-tinker will ever come out.

And add a 100%/Platinum section for games we've completed please.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
They said that?
What's wrong with this system?

A lot really. I'm kind of amazed Sony has really surpassed them in the achievement system.

Achievements only unlock online (major fuckup)
No "completion" acknowledgement
Tonnes of games with achievements that have issues, especially compared to the 360

Chris1

A lot really. I'm kind of amazed Sony has really surpassed them in the achievement system.

Tonnes of games with achievements that have issues, especially compared to the 360

Online thing is there for a reason and you missed the most important thing.. Achievement Rarity.

Alx

They could start with better consistency with achievement tracking across different apps. It's annoying that you don't have the same data available on SmartGlass, the Win10 Xbox app or the different Xbox apps. Especially the progression for grinding achievements, or the available challenges.

airborn

Not to mention the language settings still being an absolute mess.

Top Bottom