• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

ozprime

..and here we go.

DETAILS

OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1606.160606-1850
Available: 6:00PM PDT 6/8 (1:00AM GMT 9/6)

Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things be aware of before you jump in.

• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…
• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.
• Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.

• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.

• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.

FIXES

• EA Access
EA Access game trials and vault titles should now install and launch as normal.

• Play-To
Play-To should no longer fail to initiate.

• My Games & Apps
Resolved an issue which sometimes caused games to install in the wrong language.

• Activity Feed
You should no longer encounter an error when selecting which content is shared in the Activity Feed in Settings > Preferences > Activity Feed.

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES

• EA Access
A download or install button may not display on the corresponding Store page for EA Access vault titles. To install EA Access vault titles, navigate to My games & apps > Ready to Install, select the title, and select Install.

• Xbox Preview Dashboard
The Xbox Preview Dashboard may freeze and become unresponsive when navigating content (Quests, Announcements, Surveys, Rate this update, etc.). If you encounter this issue, please use Report a problem and +1 the issue from the list of Problems.

• Dashboard
When attempting to return to the dashboard with the Xbox button or with "Hey Cortana Go Home", you may encounter a black screen and error.

• Pins
• After downloading an app update, the app and all associated content pins will become unpinned from the dashboard. This only occurs once for each app after downloading the latest Xbox One update.
• Pinning content from within apps (TV shows, etc.) is no longer supported.

• Cortana
• If Cortana doesn’t hear you the first time, you can usually try saying the phrase again.
• In some cases Cortana won’t recognize the name of any game or app (ie. "Hey Cortana open Netflix"). This is an issue we’re working to address, so please use Report a problem if you encounter it. You can resolve this by launching Cortana from My games & apps, returning to the dashboard. On Cortana in Snap. On Cortana in Snap Tile in home, press the menu button to open the menu and select "Quit", which will reload Cortana, on next use.
• If Cortana says she didn’t hear you right after you say “Hey Cortana”, navigate to Settings > Account > Privacy > App > Speech > Collect Info (accept)” and confirm the setting is checked.
• When Cortana is “Thinking…” sometimes the sounds continue longer than intended. You can open Cortana from Guide or My Games & Apps and then close it again by hitting B button.
• On the first use of "Hey Cortana" after a reboot or crash, Cortana snaps but may display no results.
• You may be unable to use See-It-Say-It in various apps such as Netflix, YouTube, and the Blu-Ray Player app.
• Cortana sometimes needs to spend more time "Warming up..." than she should.
• Sometimes short commands are recognized incorrectly (ie. "Hey Cortana mute", "Hey Cortana pause") and initiate a web search instead.
• Sometimes short commands take longer than they should to be recognized (ie. "Hey Cortana mute", "Hey Cortana pause").
• "Hey Cortana snap TV" sometimes launches Movies & TV, rather than TV, until you say "1" or "2".
• "Hey Cortana turn off the Xbox" ... "Yes" in UK, FR, IT, DE, and ES sometimes gets stuck on the confirmation and fails.

• Payments and Billing
At this time it's not possible to add, edit, or remove payment options on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to manage payment options.

At this time it's not possible to purchase a Gamertag change on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to change your Gamertag.

• Xbox Universal Store
• Certain types of consumable DLC (coins, points, currencies, etc.) may fail to appear in-game after being purchased from the Store. This affects multiple titles including Overwatch. Restarting the game may resolve this issue.
• When initiating a game installation from a Store page, the game displays "Ready to launch" even while it is still installing.
• At this time it's not possible to redeem a 5x5 code for Xbox Live Gold on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to redeem a 5x5 code for Xbox Live Gold.
• You may be unable to buy, rent, or play certain movies or TV shows from the Store (the purchase button may not appear on the Store page). Please buy or rent from the Windows Store on a Windows 10 device or from the online Microsoft Store (http://www.microsoft.com/store/movies-and-tv) and the content will appear in the collection of your Xbox One’s Movies & TV app. The Xbox Video app can be used to purchase content on Windows 8.X/RT PCs and tablets and on Windows Phone 8.X devices. Windows XP, Vista, and 7.X users will need to purchase content from the online Microsoft Store.
• The Store may fail to filter game and app results when using Search.

• My Games & Apps
• You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install if you have a large digital library.
• Games and apps may occasionally fail to launch due to a "Something went wrong" or "Took too long to start" error. In most cases, this can be resolved by simply closing and relaunching the game or app.
• The trigger to unhide games in My games & apps has changed: the correct command is now Left Bumper + Right Bumper + X. Using the old command (Right Trigger + Left Trigger + X) may cause My games & apps to crash.
• After downloading a system update, a small number of users may find that games or apps which were previously installed are no longer installed. If you encounter this issue, please submit feedback via Report a problem (hold down the Xbox button on the controller and select Report a problem from the power menu).

• Playing Games
You may be unable to purchase content or currencies from the in-game interface with certain games.

etta

my hard graphic balls

gossi

I got a message overnight which just reads "Xbox 360 Dashboard" from Xbox Live. I've read it on the 360 and One, it says nothing else.

Chris1

Anyone else having issue with SmartGlass ever since it updated to Xbox (beta)? I'm getting messages but not getting any notifications

gossi

I got a message overnight which just reads "Xbox 360 Dashboard" from Xbox Live. I've read it on the 360 and One, it says nothing else.

I have an answer from Microsoft rep - if you (like me) got this message, it means you are now eligable to enrol into the new Preview from the Preview App. It was titled "Xbox 360" in error, and missed all the body text is error.

So I wake up this morning and turn on my Xbox and it is doing a full reset so I think I got the update but I checked when it was done and I am still on the old firmware. Wtf.

Caayn

Just got the update. And I'm already in love with the new structure of the games library. It's so much better.

Different tile sizes and being able to set them differently for each category is a huge plus.

Although the loading times for tiles could still be better.

ozprime

Personally, I like the new download queue with the full information instead of just the percentage (file size remaining, current connection speed, etc).

muzzymate

Personally, I like the new download queue with the full information instead of just the percentage (file size remaining, current connection speed, etc).

Only other nicety would be to add a countdown estimator for time remaining to download.

Caayn

Ok, so these are the issues I've found so far:

Games and App library:
- With a large number of games installed it sometimes refuses to show your installed games and keeps loading forever (I've let it sit there for a few minutes with zero results). Rebooting the console fixed it.

Apps:
- The blu-ray app doesn't always quit properly when going back to the dashboard and selecting quit app. It crashes but keeps the last shown image in the preview window on the dasboard. Ejecting the disc solves this.
- Within the feedback app, once I started steaming so that I could type the problem on my PC instead of with a controller, the stream became unstable, the console refused to listen to certain inputs (Guide button, unable to type at all even with the controller, once I managed to get out of the preview app the console stopped responding to input at all).

Streaming:
- If the W10 Xbox app crashes while your streaming to it. The stream won't close properly on the console. This results in you being unable to open apps such as the blu-ray player which won't open with a stream active.

Lucifon

Okay so I just got the update and... It's terrible. Massive step backwards. Cortana is almost useless, she doesn't understand names properly, asking her to open YouTube and she opens Microsoft Edge then goes to YouTube.com - laughably bad. Also if she doesn't understand anything (which is alot) she just does a snapped bing search meaning you have to mess about unsnapping it. It literally feels like they just dropped the windows 10 cortana in there. And when it does work she takes seconds to parse any command, which is crap for media (where myself and partner use commands 80% of the time).

Can you disable her? I want my old voice commands back.

Also hate the new my games and apps placement. Is there a shortcut?? RT + A no matter where I was on the home screen was so snappy and fast to access, now I have to fiddle about finding the tile. This didn't need changing.

EvB

Okay so I just got the update and... It's terrible. Massive step backwards. Cortana is almost useless, she doesn't understand names properly, asking her to open YouTube and she opens Microsoft Edge then goes to YouTube.com - laughably bad. Also if she doesn't understand anything (which is alot) she just does a snapped bing search meaning you have to mess about unsnapping it. It literally feels like they just dropped the windows 10 cortana in there. And when it does work she takes seconds to parse any command, which is crap for media (where myself and partner use commands 80% of the time).

Also hate the new my games and apps placement. Is there a shortcut?? RT + A no matter where I was on the home screen was so snappy and fast to access, now I have to fiddle about finding the tile. This didn't need changing.

Opt out

Klocker

Couple things I'm reading here. Hey Cortana pause. Hey Cortana, mute seriously. We went from 2. Syllables Xbox to 4 syllable... Hey Cortana for every command and it seems a little silly.

Also, what's up with the no pinning apps or movie TV shows? Is that just for this build or is that going forward as well as anyone know?

Lucifon

And lose all my games and apps? Bit of a crazy process especially on my Internet speed.

Cortana shouldn't be forced down our throats. No reason why you shouldn't be able to choose between cortana and the old commands.

amardilo

Couple things I'm reading here. Hey Cortana pause. Hey Cortana, mute seriously. We went from 2. Syllables Xbox to 4 syllable... Hey Cortana for every command and it seems a little silly.

Also, what's up with the no pinning apps or movie TV shows? Is that just for this build or is that going forward as well as anyone know?

As well as it taking more syllables it now takes longer to complete. While watching a video I say "Hey Cortana, Pause" it sits there thinking for a while before pausing the video. It used to be pretty instant but now takes a few seconds which isn't great.

Brudinho

Banned

Do you job and share the feedback on the Xbox forums

PaulLFC

I generally quite like the update. New design of My Games & Apps is really nice (especially the improved queue design and being able to see download process from the dash without being in the My Games & Apps, well... app. I wish it had a filter by platform option as well as the other sorting options though, to quickly see all BC games. Also on the Apps section "sort A-Z" and "Sort by letter" appear to be the same thing, it's just one has spacing between each letter's app group, and the other doesn't. Seems a bit redundant to have both.

The new Store design I'm less positive about. It looks nice, but there doesn't appear to be a way to redeem a code when actually inside the store (you can from the store tab on the dash, but once you're inside the store, there doesn't seem to be an option). There's no quick way to see demos any more by the looks of it (only "top free" which includes F2P stuff).

Guide -> Achievements > select the achievement you want -> Help -> It'll snap TrueAchievements with a solution.

Were you referring to this?

Ah cool! I didn't realise they just changed it to that, it use to be its own 'Search TrueAchievements' or something button. I always wondered why they got rid of it lol, thought it was very helpful.

Cheers! :D

Did you do your job and report the issues? Cortana algorithms need time to adjust to Xbox one player needs.

Alx

Guide -> Achievements > select the achievement you want -> Help -> It'll snap TrueAchievements with a solution.

Were you referring to this?

You can also use the snapped achievement app (which is different from the regular one), and it still has the "search on Trueachievement" option. They had removed it on the original W10 update, but brought it back due to popular demand.

You can also use the snapped achievement app (which is different from the regular one), and it still has the "search on Trueachievement" option. They had removed it on the original W10 update, but brought it back due to popular demand.

I was just helping him.
Personally, I hate snap, so I use the Help function when I don't what I'm supposed to go to earn that achievement.

Lucifon

I also can't turn off my Xbox with Cortana. She says say yes or no, yet fails to acknowledge when I say yes (or no for that matter). Anyone else?

Turns on fine from standby.

I like the little kinect icon in the top right. Makes me know cortana is watching me.. Camera oogling my body like a naughty librarian.

Uh what?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Copy pasta from Reddit:

HOW TO GET IT
• If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
• NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 2:00PM PDT 6/12/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
DETAILS
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1606.160609-1700 Available: 6:00PM PDT 6/11 (1:00AM GMT 12/6)
Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things be aware of before you jump in.
• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means… • Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update. • Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console. • Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.
• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.
FIXES
• Dashboard When attempting to return to the dashboard with the Xbox button or with "Hey Cortana Go Home", you should no longer encounter a black screen and error.
• Xbox Preview Dashboard Resolved an issue which could cause the Xbox Preview Dashboard to freeze when navigating to content (Quests, Announcements, Surveys, Rate this update, etc.).
• My Games & Apps Resolved an issue which caused games and apps which were previously installed to no longer be installed after downloading a system update.
• Xbox Universal Store • Relevant content should now populate when searching specific Categories in the Store. • The Store now filters game and app results in Search. • Consumable DLC (coins, points, currencies, etc.) should no longer fail to appear in-game after being purchased from the Store.
• EA Access A download or install button now displays on the corresponding Store page for EA Access vault titles.
• Blu-Ray Player Resolved an issue with the Blu-Ray Player app which caused it to fail to launch or prompt with the error “Not compatible with this device”.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
• Instant-On Mode In Instant-On mode, when the console enters connected standby, game and app installations in progress may fail to continue installing.
• Rocket League Free Multiplayer Weekend Rocket League may not appear free on the Store page for Xbox Live Gold subscribers during the Free Multiplayer Weekend. Workaround: Xbox Live Gold subscribers can navigate to My games & apps > Ready to Install to install Rocket League during the Free Multiplayer Weekend.
• Blu-Ray Player After downloading an app update, the Blu-Ray Player app may fail to play Blu-Ray discs. Workaround: Uninstall and reinstall the Blu-Ray Player app.
• Twitch The Twitch app may fail to launch. Workaround: Uninstall and reinstall the Twitch app.
• Microsoft Edge While playing a video, pressing the left thumbstick to enter full screen mode may cause Microsoft Edge to crash. Workaround: Use the on-screen full screen button to enter full screen mode.
• Pins • After downloading an app update, the app and all associated content pins will become unpinned from the dashboard. This only occurs once for each app after downloading the latest Xbox One update. • Pinning content from within apps (TV shows, etc.) is no longer supported.
• Cortana • If Cortana doesn’t hear you the first time, you can usually try saying the phrase again. • In some cases Cortana won’t recognize the name of any game or app (ie. "Hey Cortana open Netflix"). This is an issue we’re working to address; please use Report-a-problem when encountering this issue. You can resolve this by launching Cortana from My games & apps and returning to the dashboard. On the Cortana Snap tile on Home, press the menu button to open the menu and select "Quit", which will reload Cortana on next use. • If Cortana says she didn’t hear you right after you say “Hey Cortana”, navigate to Settings > Account > Privacy > App > Speech > Collect Info (accept)” and confirm the setting is checked. • When Cortana is “Thinking…” sometimes the sound (looping sound) continues longer than intended. To resolve this, open Cortana from Guide or My games & apps and close it again by hitting B button. • On the first use of "Hey Cortana" after a reboot or crash, Cortana snaps but may display no results. • You may be unable to use See-It-Say-It in various apps such as Netflix, YouTube, and the Blu-Ray Player app. • Cortana sometimes needs to spend more time "Warming up..." than she should. • Sometimes short commands are recognized incorrectly (ie. "Hey Cortana mute", "Hey Cortana pause") and initiate a web search instead. • Sometimes short commands take longer than they should to be recognized (ie. "Hey Cortana mute", "Hey Cortana pause"). • "Hey Cortana snap TV" sometimes launches Movies & TV, rather than TV, until you say "1" or "2". • "Hey Cortana turn off the Xbox" ... "Yes" in UK, FR, IT, DE, and ES sometimes gets stuck on the confirmation and fails.
• Payments and Billing At this time it's not possible to add, edit, or remove payment options on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to manage payment options.
• Profile At this time it's not possible to purchase a Gamertag change on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to change your Gamertag.
• Xbox Universal Store • At this time it's not possible to redeem a 5x5 code for Xbox Live Gold on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to redeem a 5x5 code for Xbox Live Gold. • You may be unable to buy, rent, or play certain movies or TV shows from the Store (the purchase button may not appear on the Store page). Please buy or rent from the Windows Store on a Windows 10 device or from the online Microsoft Store (http://www.microsoft.com/store/movies-and-tv) and the content will appear in the collection of your Xbox One’s Movies & TV app. The Xbox Video app can be used to purchase content on Windows 8.X/RT PCs and tablets and on Windows Phone 8.X devices. Windows XP, Vista, and 7.X users will need to purchase content from the online Microsoft Store. • When attempting to purchase In Between in the Store, the Store page displays an error indicating “In Between is currently not available”. • You may be unable to purchase the EA Access Hub from the Store.
• My Games & Apps • You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install if you have a large digital library. • The trigger to unhide games in My games & apps has changed: the correct command is now Left Bumper + Right Bumper + X. Using the old command (Right Trigger + Left Trigger + X) may cause My games & apps to crash.
• Playing Games • You may be unable to purchase content or currencies from the in-game interface with certain games. • When attempting to purchase additional tables in Pinball FX2, you may encounter an error and be unable to complete the purchase.

Cth

Pretty sure it asks if you want to enable Cortana before using.

It's beta. This is what part of being in a beta is.

Nori Chan

This update FINALLY fixed broken notifications for me. Before, all notifications were black instead of my preferred color of choice and they would never be saved. Let's say someone invites me to a party, if I didn't open it when it popped, it would disappear forever. So if I step away from the console and someone invited me to a party, I would never have known cause it wouldn't save for me.

This problem happened for like 8 months.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Pretty sure it asks if you want to enable Cortana before using.

It's beta. This is what part of being in a beta is.

I think that I'll disable Cortana, because it is so messy that giving feedback on her is unnecessary.

Edit: Even trying to turn ther off result in a freeze...

Are you having problems with download on instant on?
Mine are stopping and downloading really slowly

From the notes above:
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
• Instant-On Mode In Instant-On mode, when the console enters connected standby, game and app installations in progress may fail to continue installing.

Top Bottom