• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

Lima

I'll pre-order something later with gift card credit to let you know for sure but it wouldn't make sense to apply this change to account balance too since Microsoft can't make sure that you have the necessary funds in your account once the game releases. It's the same way Sony does it in Europe, or rather did as they now charge instantly for pre-orders that include themes etc. because people would get the themes and then cancel, as in that it only applied to credit cards.

Edit:

I just pre-ordered Deus Ex Mankind Divided Deluxe in Hong Kong using account balance and it didn't take the money. So when they end up trying to charge you and you don't have the necessary funds the system will just end up canceling the pre-order. The order confirmation email seems to imply that the charge will occur once the game is available for pre-load. That seems like a lot of work logistically and I don't understand it.

Whatever disregard what I said earlier. This change applies to both credit card and account balance. Huh.

Hexer06

I'm not liking the whole "pre-order now, pay later" thing. I like the money to be taken out immediately so I don't forget about it. I hope they give an option for this. :/

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the pay later thing, find it strange, money is always better in my account than Microsoft's. I don't preorder anything because of it, and I still think 10 days is too long - should be that payment is taken on release IMO!

I wouldn't order from Amazon or any other retailer if they took payment on order, not shipping. Games seems to be one of the few areas where this still happens as far as I can tell?

malfcn

Weird one tonight.

Walk in the room, can hear the HDD spinning with the Xbox off.

"HEY CORTANA, XBOX ON"

Kinect light goes on and off.

The Kinect light will go on whenever I say "HEY CORTANA" but then goes back off.

The other night I got, "Cortana is taking too long to respond" pop up.

etta

my hard graphic balls
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG they finally changed how the top left UI items disappear in the latest update! Before this update, my gamerpic and the side icons were just barely visible when scrolling down on the home tab, some sort of translucency, but now they completely disappear! Oh man that issue bugged me for so long, thanks Mike!

ryan299

I just tried to play rocket league and got a error message saying the system can't save more data for the game. Says my xbox is out of space for saved data.

Is this just a game error?

jond76

Banned
Weird one tonight.

Walk in the room, can hear the HDD spinning with the Xbox off.

"HEY CORTANA, XBOX ON"

Kinect light goes on and off.

The Kinect light will go on whenever I say "HEY CORTANA" but then goes back off.

The other night I got, "Cortana is taking too long to respond" pop up.

I actually say " hey Cortana, turn the Xbox on" and that works fine.

But yeah, Cortana has some wrinkles to be ironed out.

I got a message Sunday telling me to register for the beta.. Went to make sure, and I'm already registered ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still no update

Lucifon

Once the release version matches the preview version can you leave the preview programme without having to delete all your apps and games??

I just got the update last night but I cant figure out how to use cortana with my mic without the app snapped. Does it need to be snapped with a mic? Also i noticed a symbol at the top next to the battery symbol that looks like a mic disabled type symbol. Could that have to do with it?

JaggedSac

I just tried to play rocket league and got a error message saying the system can't save more data for the game. Says my xbox is out of space for saved data.

Is this just a game error?

That is a known issue. They say to do a hard reset.

On an unrelated note, turning on the console with hey Cortana has yet to not work. This is much better results than using Xbox on. It is actually quite quick too. Pretty much as soon as I am done saying it, the on sound dings.

Did coming soon come back yet?

I recall Mike Ybarra tweeting 'tomorrow' but I still can't find it?

Great progress being made though apart from that!

I received a message that i can opt in for the new Preview, interesting since i have been in Preview for quite a while now. Is it wise to opt in or are there many issues?

psychotron

New update seems great for me. Cortana hears me even with my air conditioner on, which Kinect never has.

One odd thing, perhaps unrelated....

I was playing Witcher 2 on BC after the update and noticed in sections with no music, I hear a weird high pitched noise when moving Geralt. It's not loud, just high pitched and happens ever 2 seconds or so when moving him. It's almost like a radar beep or something. I never noticed this before and it's kinda driving me mad.

link1201

Hmmm. I might as well wait then. It will be officially ready next month?
I think so.

If you can tolerate the bugs it isn't that bad now. It's really how much you're willing to put up with. For instance: (BC games were not working in preview build but a fix is in the works)

So when I try to download anything it tells you the download speed now, well even though I have 100 mps download speed it never goes above 9. It takes me all day to download a game. Is there any fix for this? I am wired by the way.

Kordelle

Gears UE still does not work when Region is set to Germany, I think this is intentional, 2 updates haven't changed anything.

So i just received the new Preview update even though i did not opt in for it, but i am after all a preview member so i guess it only makes sense.

I tried Cortana to simply start Netflix but she keeps looking for it online. What is the right command to start apps and games? Also....is there any way to simply use a code? I would like to enable Gold again so i can download Xcom for free just in time before the new games come. But when i want to enter a code the menu appears and when i choose Enter code again it just goes back to the dashboard. Wtf?

So i just received the new Preview update even though i did not opt in for it, but i am after all a preview member so i guess it only makes sense.

I tried Cortana to simply start Netflix but she keeps looking for it online. What is the right command to start apps and games? Also....is there any way to simply use a code? I would like to enable Gold again so i can download Xcom for free just in time before the new games come. But when i want to enter a code the menu appears and when i choose Enter code again it just goes back to the dashboard. Wtf?

From the patch notes in the other thread:
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES

• Xbox Universal Store
• At this time it's not possible to redeem a 5x5 code for Xbox Live Gold on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to redeem a 5x5 code for Xbox Live Gold.

Tall Paul

Latest update sent my console nuts, wouldn't turn on Made the on chime noise but failed to actually boot up tired hard reset unplugged etc then controller wouldn't power on, 2 more resets seems ok for now.

mike4001_

Things like Launch Netflix and such work fine, but can you also make her pause a movie/show while in Netflix?

From the patch notes.

• Cortana now recognizes many more commands immediately (the exception is the pause and play commands which are still being worked on).

Maybe there are still problems.

Also Netflix does not use the Standard Xbox One video player and uses it´s own solution. This could be an additional problem at the moment.

Bobnob

Anyone know when the next update will roll out to the none preveiw members ? Its been 2 months since my last one.

Is this new?

I wanted to buy the Porsche expansion for FH2 and i had 6 dollars left from my gift card and i was able to add my Paypal to it to make the purchase. I could swear this is a new addition?

MauroNL

Is this new?

I wanted to buy the Porsche expansion for FH2 and i had 6 dollars left from my gift card and i was able to add my Paypal to it to make the purchase. I could swear this is a new addition?
Paypal has been weird for me every since they launched it on Xbox One. Because I have my region set with US but my PayPal account is Dutch I couldn't buy stuff from the US Marketplace. However since this last update I can now buy stuff directly from my Xbox. Its probably related to the language independence feature. But PayPal is not new though, its been there from the start.

Paypal has been weird for me every since they launched it on Xbox One. Because I have my region set with US but my PayPal account is Dutch I couldn't buy stuff from the US Marketplace. However since this last update I can now buy stuff directly from my Xbox. Its probably related to the language independence feature. But PayPal is not new though, its been there from the start.

Haha cool, a fellow Dutchman. :)

Exactly the same damn thing here. Ever since the launch of the 360 i was able to use Paypal but when Xbox One came out and i set the region to US i got nothing but errors. Which meant i had to either buy gift cards from webshops or from the MS store. A slight hassle but now with Paypal working.....awesome!

Definitely a fan of this new update. Very few issues so far and i really dig the new additions and easier ways to go to places and find things. I can also now see how fast i download items and yesterday it said 70mbps, which for a 150mbits connection is not terrible i guess. Wish it was the full 150mbits though.

mike4001_

Anyone know when the next update will roll out to the none preveiw members ? Its been 2 months since my last one.

It has not been announed.

But 2 "ideas"

1) The Windows 10 anniversary update for PC is announced for August 2nd.
2) Depending on the known issues I would say roughly 2 weeks of fixes left for Xbox.

So I assume mid to end July for the Xbox Update.

So we have always had the possibilty to add paypal on top of a giftcard? Because that is new to me and quite cool. Of course now with paypal finally working i have no need for gift cards anymore. Hope it stays like this.

Definitely noticing a few issues now. Especially when i am in the game store for a few minutes it just closes down for no reason. But i'm sure they'll iron this out. I do like how convenient things are now. How easily you can see your downloads now while in the store.

Received a new update just now. What did it fix?

I do have to say that the update before this has been the most unstable preview update so far for me. Twice a game would crash and then just completely shut the console down. That is some bad stuff for sure.

Just now the console just froze or maybe it was the controller. Hope this stuff doesn't persist.

Even though there has been another update things still crash. Sometimes when i am in the store it just crashes back to the dashboard main menu and now i am trying to see which games need updating and i just keep seeing the rotating circle. But a few minutes ago i saw the tiles of all the games. How come?

Oh and when i am in the middle of a game and i press the big X button to check out my downloads and i go back to the game it just freezes and i have to restart the game.

HOW TO GET IT

• If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

• NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Console info & updates.

• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 7/9/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS

OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160705-1925 Available: 2:00PM PDT 7/7 (9:00PM GMT 7/7)

Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things to be aware of before you jump in.

• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means… • Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update. • Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.

• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.

• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.

NEW FEATURES

• Manage Leftover Add-ons
In the past you needed to install a game to manage its add-ons, which sometimes lead to having add-ons installed when the game associated with the add-ons was not.

To address this, we’ve added a new option in Settings to help manage your leftover add-ons. To access this feature, launch the Guide and go to All Settings > System > Storage > Manage leftover add-ons.

When you uninstall a game but leave the add-ons, the Manage leftover add-ons interface displays the leftover add-ons, and gives you the option to uninstall.

Now venture forth, and reclaim your hard drive space for more gaming!

• Updates We’ve added a new Updates tab to My games & apps where you can view games and apps with updates available, but not installed.

Selecting a game or app from the Updates tab allows you to install the available updates. If your console is in Instant-On mode, game and app updates will be automatically installed the next time your console enters connected standby.

FIXES

• Xbox Universal Store
• Users should no longer be able to purchase Xbox 360 backward compatible games from the Store without entering their password when their profile is set to “Lock It Down”. • Users should no longer be able to purchase movies or TV shows from the Store without entering their password when their profile is set to “Lock It Down”. • Resolved a majority of cases in which Store pages for purchased games sometimes display a “Buy” button rather than an “Install” button.

• EA Access Resolved an issue which caused EA Access games to fail to launch due to error 0x803f8003.

• Groove Music Resolved an issue which prevented music videos from playing in the Groove Music app.

• Playing Games This update contains a fix to address stuttering and framerate lag in certain games.

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES

• Xbox Universal Store
• At this time it's not possible to redeem a 5x5 code for Xbox Live Gold on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to redeem a 5x5 code for Xbox Live Gold. • The Store may fail to display content when using certain language and region combinations.

• Movies & TV • You may have to manually download the new Movies & TV app from the Xbox Store, and manually uninstall the old Movies & TV app. • When searching in the Xbox Store for the new Movies & TV app, the app may be listed in the Xbox Store as "Films & TV". • If you try to purchase or rent movies or TV shows from the old Movies & TV app, you will be prompted with an error.

• Payments and Billing • At this time it's not possible to add, edit, or remove payment options on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in Redstone to manage payment options. • At this time it’s not possible to remove or change payment information associated with pre-ordered games.

• Profile • Users are allowed one free Gamertag change per account. After using your one free Gamertag change, you will be charged for future Gamertag changes. In the current update, while your free Gamertag change will complete successfully, attempting to purchase a Gamertag change will charge your account, but will not change your Gamertag. Please avoid purchasing a Gamertag change on Xbox One at this time. To successfully change your Gamertag, visit https://account.xbox.com/ChangeGamertag. • When selecting “Add new” to add a new profile, the add profile interface may take up to 30 seconds to appear.

• Cortana • Cortana may take a longer than expected amount of time to use the play command. • Searching the Xbox Universal Store via Cortana sometimes causes her to search the same keyword multiple times. • Cortana may sometimes restart and indicate she is "Warming up..." even after recent use.

• Pins If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when that app takes its new app update. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.

• My Games & Apps You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.

• Community Calendar Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details do not currently function.

• VUDU You may be unable to buy or rent content from within the VUDU app.

Am I the only one having issues where Kinect doesn't turn on with my console anymore? I literally have to unplug it and plug it back in then restart the console to get it to fire up.

What no it's not. The past few months of preview updates have been screwing around with the Kinect.

Yes it is same thing happens with every preview. A bunch of people say the update killed their Kinect. It happened to mine. It starts to shut off randomly. Got a new one from a store and have not had the problem since. I even posted on the preview forums for a few months before I got a new one that worked trying to say it was a software issue.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yes it is same thing happens with every preview. A bunch of people say the update killed their Kinect. It happened to mine. It starts to shut off randomly. Got a new one from a store and have not had the problem since. I even posted on the preview forums for a few months before I got a new one that worked trying to say it was a software issue.
Hmmmm, it could be coincidence to be honest. My Kinect was broken like that when the waves first started, then it got fixed for about 3 weeks, and now it started having issues just after the update two days ago.

Hmmmm, it could be coincidence to be honest. My Kinect was broken like that when the waves first started, then it got fixed for about 3 weeks, and now it started having issues just after the update two days ago.

Yeah same thing happened to mine. I went for a strech of about 3 weeks were I was like Yay its fixed but it always comes back.

Here are some of my posts from wave 1507 - 1508

Post 1

Post 2

Post 3

And this last one is my post and I think when I finally gave up and got a new one.
Post 4

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yeah same thing happened to mine. I went for a strech of about 3 weeks were I was like Yay its fixed but it always comes back.

Here are some of my posts from wave 1507 - 1508

Post 1

Post 2

Post 3

And this last one is my post and I think when I finally gave up and got a new one.
Post 4
Hmmmm, curious.
Welp, I should move mine so it's easy to access the back port so I can unplug and replug quick as needed.

Chris1

There is something wrong with kinects and I don't know what it is.If yours is going funny I'd just get it replaced if you can because in my experience it'll just gradually get worse.. Mines has done the same for years, it started out disconnecting every few hours then it was constant, to the point where it'd just turn off within a minute and not come back on.

It did sort of.. fix itself after an update a few weeks ago that broke Etta's, but it went off it's mind again a few days later (still not as bad as before, but bad enough)

The kinects suck.. Don't know what it is about them but it's not specifically linked to any recent update. I've always had a sneaking suspicion it's related to the Kinect lights turning intself off when not playing a game using Kinect to give games extra resources, and it ends up confusing Kinect as it doesn't know what to do so it just shuts off or something. Dunno but when games came out making use of that update, that's when my problems started.

Unfortunately kinect issues don't really gain traction in the community to get a response out of MS. Posting on reddit etc gets you bombarded with downvotes "move it to somewhere with better cooling, dust will be getting inside it!" and nobody actually acknowledges there's a big problem with Kinect.

Top Bottom