• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

From the notes above:
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
• Instant-On Mode In Instant-On mode, when the console enters connected standby, game and app installations in progress may fail to continue installing.

I read them but apparently I missed that one.
Thank you.
I already gave feedback too

gossi

When watching TV, saying Xbox Pause no longer works. I can say Hey Cortana Pause, but it takes a few seconds to do anything, and then Bing searches Balls every time. First result, blue balls definition.

When watching TV, saying Xbox Pause no longer works. I can say Hey Cortana Pause, but it takes a few seconds to do anything, and then Bing searches Balls every time. First result, blue balls definition.

VJAP4.gif

Bsigg12

I've sent feedback on this and other media control stuff. It's frustrating how long it takes.

EBreda

Okay, I can't be the only one unable to buy stuff on the new dashboard. There's simply NO buy/download button anywhere on the game page under store.

Is this a known issue?

El_Chino

Okay, I can't be the only one unable to buy stuff on the new dashboard. There's simply NO buy/download button anywhere on the game page under store.

Is this a known issue?

I have the same issue, I can't pin things either.

I posted about it in the Summer Update thread.

Do i have to say "Hey" before i say "Cortana" I'd really like the option to just say "Cortana turn the xbox on"

I also like the new download management. Pretty interesting to see how many i have in que up top.

Do i have to say "Hey" before i say "Cortana" I'd really like the option to just say "Cortana turn the xbox on"

I also like the new download management. Pretty interesting to see how many i have in que up top.

The only thing that is still missing is time left. Its such a little thing that is so useful

Delryk

Is this a known issue?

I have to press the xbox button and then go back in the page to actually navigate.. sometimes i get prices and stuff.. sometimes I need to scroll way down cause it's all blank.. etc.. seems like there's a crapload of problems with the store now

Lucifon

From the notes above:
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
• Instant-On Mode In Instant-On mode, when the console enters connected standby, game and app installations in progress may fail to continue installing.
This is driving me crazy. I can deal with broken voice commands temporarily and other little things. But this one is literally killer, I had the eso update on since last night, 20 hours later and it hadn't finished.

This is driving me crazy. I can deal with broken voice commands temporarily and other little things. But this one is literally killer, I had the eso update on since last night, 20 hours later and it hadn't finished.

My internet slowed to a crawl yesterday, and it turns out it was because my Xbox was updating ESO with a 17GB patch (5 hour download for me). Turned on the Xbox and had 6 messages telling me ESO had stopped updating for some reason. I paused it and then resumed it last night before I went to bed. I just left the Xbox on because of the current inability for it to download stuff in standby.

The console still needs a way to throttle download speeds. I've got 8Mb of bandwidth, and it sucks up every bit of it during a download, to the point that I can't even get web pages to load.

My internet slowed to a crawl yesterday, and it turns out it was because my Xbox was updating ESO with a 17GB patch (5 hour download for me). Turned on the Xbox and had 6 messages telling me ESO had stopped updating for some reason. I paused it and then resumed it last night before I went to bed. I just left the Xbox on because of the current inability for it to download stuff in standby.

The console still needs a way to throttle download speeds. I've got 8Mb of bandwidth, and it sucks up every bit of it during a download, to the point that I can't even get web pages to load.

I feel you man :(

So 6 days ago I noticed I was no longer enrolled in the preview app for the new Xbox experience well it still says enrolling. How long dies it normally take? The wait is killing me.

I currently have 15 pending updates that won't finish, and some purchased games that aren't even appearing in the queue (but in the store says they are pendind too).

Including the Halw Wars 2 beta that I was so excited to play.

Launching the gold member area just brings me to the store. The tile for it also says my gold is ending soon but it's good til next June. Seems badly bugged

malfcn

When I try to get The Crew, it asks me to update my address. No other purchases do that.

Can't get Halo Wars to download. Stuck at zero, beta bug.

Max_Po

Banned
I am not sure whats going on, Every time I turn on the xbox I have to sign in and enter my password.

I used to sign in automatically....

any suggestions ?

Thanks

TheKeyPit

Banned
I currently have 15 pending updates that won't finish, and some purchased games that aren't even appearing in the queue (but in the store says they are pendind too).

Including the Halw Wars 2 beta that I was so excited to play.

I always let my stuff download overnight, but this is impossible right now.

Alx

I always let my stuff download overnight, but this is impossible right now.

I got "the Crew" (game with gold) to download overnight, it worked. But I had to manually trigger the download, I had activated it from the web store and it didn't start on its own (same for the Halo Wars 2 beta).
*edit - strike that, I got the notification "ready to play" this morning, but it wasn't actually fully installed.

I am not sure whats going on, Every time I turn on the xbox I have to sign in and enter my password.

I used to sign in automatically....

any suggestions ?

Thanks

You should check your settings, in the "accounts security" menu you can choose to ask for a password for each connection or not. If you haven't changed anything, either it changed by itself, or it's a bug.

Alx

That's a good improvement. I would appreciate a more granular configuration though, like keeping voice commands in local language, but games in English for example. Although it might be an issue for games with voice commands... :p

I think there is an audio issue with games. When i was playing halo 5 last night with the volume kind of high(60% till max), the in-game volume went downto like 5%. I could barely hear anything at all. When the match was over, the volume slowly went back up and then went out again as soon at the next match started.....

checking my other apps and TV the volume outputting from my AVR is just fine. It was so weird....... lol

I think there is an audio issue with games. When i was playing halo 5 last night with the volume kind of high(60% till max), the in-game volume went downto like 5%. I could barely hear anything at all. When the match was over, the volume slowly went back up and then went out again as soon at the next match started.....

Doesn't cortana lower volume levels when you are speaking or she is? Could be a bug. Do you have Kinect? Maybe the loud volume was triggering something.

Doesn't cortana lower volume levels when you are speaking or she is? Could be a bug. Do you have Kinect? Maybe the loud volume was triggering something.

She does, but my volume in the receive did not change. It was during the actual game. I thought maybe my volume in the receive was somewhat turned down magically, but it still was high.

Does she mute stuff when talking to her? Maybe the booms and gun shots muted the on-screen audio. Idk :(

Only happened when playing matches within halo 5. Tv audio passthrough the xbox one worked fine. As with everything else.

She does, but my volume in the receive did not change. It was during the actual game. I thought maybe my volume in the receive was somewhat turned down magically, but it still was high.

Does she mute stuff when talking to her? Maybe the booms and gun shots muted the on-screen audio. Idk :(

Only happened when playing matches within halo 5. Tv audio passthrough the xbox one worked fine. As with everything else.

Yes, she lowers the audio (not volume level) when you're talking to her/she's talking. I think from the point where it acknowledges the "Hey Cortana" until shes done processing whatever it is. I seemed to recall it being as long as the icon was on the top corner of the screen.

Yes, she lowers the audio (not volume level) when you're talking to her/she's talking. I think from the point where it acknowledges the "Hey Cortana" until shes done processing whatever it is. I seemed to recall it being as long as the icon was on the top corner of the screen.

hmm.. well she didnt pop up while playing. Might be the build of Halo 5 and how it's working with the latest build. Just interesting that this happened.

Also to note, i didnt say anything through the whole match as i dont use a mic.

Edit:

It was cortana.. I realized that pulsing noise i heard was her............. Lol

EvB

So my enrollment for the new dash has been saying pending for like 10 days. Does it normally take this long.

Maybe you'll be on the next pass.

This preview was particularly buggy and glitchy, a big hunk of people haven't been able to handle that despite that being the whole point. I suspect they stopped enrolling people

naitosan

Hm, seems not be able to download Xbox 360 profile because it said I'm offline. Tried hard boot, reset console, set enabled DMZ via router, etc. No go. Is it a bug from recent preview build?

Edit: Never mind, got it to work. Had to manually set DNS and now it's able to download Xbox 360 profile info. Weird I know.

Newest issues today: Cortana never getting past "Listening...". As much as I love it, I hope this can get ironed out relatively quickly.

And I want to confirm if this is related to BF4 or the dash beta, but so far when I finish a match it gets stuck on a black screen in between and I cannot progress past that. Anyone else with a similar issue, or can help if it's BF4 related or console OS?

naitosan

New update just released for Preview members.

DETAILS

OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1606.160616-1800
Available: 6:00PM PDT 6/20 (1:00AM GMT 21/6)

Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things be aware of before you jump in.

• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…
• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.
• Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.

• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.

• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.

NEW FEATURES

• Language Independence
Based on overwhelming fan feedback, we’ve enabled Language Independence to give you even more choices over your Xbox experience and how you engage with your Xbox One. Language Independence gives you the freedom to choose any supported language on Xbox One, regardless of your location.

Please try out this capability and give us your feedback. If you encounter any issues, change your language and location settings back to their previous values to see if the issue still exists. We look forward to your feedback.

• Game Pre-orders
When purchasing a game pre-order, funds may no longer be deducted from your account immediately (depending on when the game pre-order is purchased). Pre-order funds will now be deducted from your account 10 days or less prior to the game’s release date.

FIXES

• My Games & Apps
Resolved an issue which sometimes caused game and app installations to get stuck in the Queue and fail to install.

• Xbox Universal Store
• When attempting to purchase In Between in the Store, the Store page no longer displays an error.
• Resolved an issue which caused free content for Xbox Live Gold subscribers to fail to display.

• Blu-Ray Player
The Blu-Ray Player app should no longer fail to play discs after an app update.

• Cortana
• Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause poor speech recognition.
• YouTube, Netflix, OneGuide, and other apps should now be more reliable with See-It-Say-It.
• You can now say “Stop Listening” without saying “Hey Cortana” after using See-It-Say-It.
• OneStore no longer crashes when started from a Cortana voice search.
• Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause Cortana to crash when being snapped.
• Asking Cortana about a friend’s online status now brings up the friend’s profile rather than the friend list.
• There is now a confirmation for launching apps. When Cortana is snapped she will indicate what she is going to launch, allowing you to cancel. Cortana’s responses are also no longer shortened (allowing you to know exactly what is being launched).
• Cortana’s “Listening…” should now appear more quickly after signing in.

• EA Access
• EA Access vault titles should now be available to install from the corresponding Store page.
• You should now be able to purchase the EA Access Hub from the Store.

• Screen Dimming
Resolved an issue which could cause the screen to dim in numerous apps.

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES

TOP ISSUES

• Xbox Universal Store
Sometimes when purchasing content from the Store, the store interface will appear zoomed in when confirming payment information.
Workaround: Quit and relaunch the Store, then complete the purchase.

GENERAL ISSUES

• Xbox Universal Store
• At this time it's not possible to redeem a 5x5 code for Xbox Live Gold on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to redeem a 5x5 code for Xbox Live Gold.
• You may be unable to buy, rent, or play certain movies or TV shows from the Store (the purchase button may not appear on the Store page). Please buy or rent from the Windows Store on a Windows 10 device or from the online Microsoft Store (http://www.microsoft.com/store/movies-and-tv) and the content will appear in the collection of your Xbox One’s Movies & TV app. The Xbox Video app can be used to purchase content on Windows 8.X/RT PCs and tablets and on Windows Phone 8.X devices. Windows XP, Vista, and 7.X users will need to purchase content from the online Microsoft Store.
• When purchasing in-game currencies, the currencies sometimes fails to appear in-game. Games impacted include World of Tanks, Overwatch, and Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
• Store pages for purchased games and apps sometimes still show a “Buy” button rather than an “Install” button. If you encounter this issue, please submit feedback via Report a problem.
• The Coming Soon section is not currently available in the Store, and will be enabled in a future update.

• Movies & TV
When launching Movies & TV and attempting to play a video, the menu may obstruct part of the screen.

• Instant-On Mode
In Instant-On mode, when the console enters connected standby, game and app installations in progress may fail to continue installing.

• Payments and Billing
At this time it's not possible to add, edit, or remove payment options on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in Redstone to manage payment options.

At this time it's not possible to purchase a Gamertag change on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in the latest Xbox One update to change your Gamertag.

• Cortana
• Cortana may take a longer than expected amount of time to use commands like slow, pause, play, mute, and take screenshot.
• Cortana may occasionally fail to recognize a command and direct you instead to a web search.
• Sometimes Cortana reports a poor network connection, when the network connection is fine.
• When Cortana is “Thinking…” sometimes the sound effect continues to loop.
• When using “Hey Cortana Turn Off”, sometimes she fails to recognize “Yes” or “No” to turn off the console.
• Searching the OneStore via Cortana sometimes causes her to search the same keyword multiple times.
• See-It-Say-It sometimes fails to turn on when first launching an app, but will turn on after using a voice command from within the app.
• Cortini sign-in prompts may incorrectly occur when trying to launch an app while not signed in.
• Cortana may fail to launch Skype, Groove, and the Movies & TV app.

• Pins
• After downloading an app update, the app and all associated content pins will become unpinned from the dashboard. This only occurs once for each app after downloading the latest Xbox One update.
• Pinning content from within apps (TV shows, etc.) is no longer supported.

• My Games & Apps
You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.

• Microsoft Edge
While playing a video, pressing the left thumbstick to enter full screen mode causes Microsoft Edge to crash.
Workaround: Use the on-screen full screen button to enter full screen mode.

Xumbrega

Banned
• Game Pre-orders
When purchasing a game pre-order, funds may no longer be deducted from your account immediately (depending on when the game pre-order is purchased). Pre-order funds will now be deducted from your account 10 days or less prior to the game’s release date.

Finally

Bsigg12

You still have to search for each game individually for pre-orders, not section in the store yet which is annoying.

Yoday

You still have to search for each game individually for pre-orders, not section in the store yet which is annoying.
That is listen in known issues, and will be in a later build. I imagine it has to do with fixing how multiple SKUs are listed in the coming soon section.

Anyway, the store was greatly improved in this build. Much faster, and much cleaner. The cursor moving to the ESRB stuff still kills the flow though. Big step, but room for improvement still.

Nooooo, I liked to make an upfront payment :( Made $-management easier.

Yeah, I can see screwing myself over with this setup. I'll check and see I have some spare cash in that account, and spend it, not realizing that the game I preordered last week didn't charge. Then when it does charge, I'm not expecting it and don't have the money in the account. For this same reason, when I preorder anything on Amazon I buy the proper amount of Amazon gift card balance, and then use that balance on the actual purchase. This way I don't have money sitting in my account that I can't touch.

Preorders should ask you when you'd like to be charged.

This would be the ideal setup.

Lima

Yeah, I can see screwing myself over with this setup. I'll check and see I have some spare cash in that account, and spend it, not realizing that the game I preordered last week didn't charge. Then when it does charge, I'm not expecting it and don't have the money in the account. For this same reason, when I preorder anything on Amazon I buy the proper amount of Amazon gift card balance, and then use that balance on the actual purchase. This way I don't have money sitting in my account that I can't touch.

Then do the same Xbox? This change only applies to pre-orders placed with credit cards. If you pre-order anything with gift card credit the money is still taken instantly.

Then do the same Xbox? This change only applies to pre-orders placed with credit cards. If you pre-order anything with gift card credit the money is still taken instantly.

If true, then this isn't too big of a deal. The updates notes just say "your account".

Top Bottom