• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXOE Monthly Updates |OT| OS features for the pre-season, games for the Holidays!

Rellik

A lot really. I'm kind of amazed Sony has really surpassed them in the achievement system.

Achievements only unlock online (major fuckup)
No "completion" acknowledgement
Tonnes of games with achievements that have issues, especially compared to the 360

Agreed. I completely flipped from achievements to trophies this gen.

Intern: Is the internal drive is practically unused. I only have my apps and Halo games installed on here (My XB1 unit is the Halo 5 edition).
XB1-360HDD: Is the drive with all my digital 360 game installed. (I still need to install the physical games I've....)
XB1-ExtHDD: Is the drive where I install all my XB1 games (with the exception of Halo games.)

I do this for two reasons;
1. The game library is rather slow when you've got a lot of games installed and you're trying to get something near the end or the middle.
2. I can get to my stuff faster by filtering on the drive it's installed on.

I have the sudden urge to get another HDD so I can do the same. (And because 500GB + 1TB just isn't enough space)

malfcn

Hope the desync controller gets fixed. But so much when playing, but I will command the console on with kinect and then the controller won't connect.

muzzymate

I have the sudden urge to get another HDD so I can do the same. (And because 500GB + 1TB just isn't enough space)

I do the same, with the exception that all my 360 titles are on the internal while all the Xbox One titles are on the external. It's pretty great and makes it easier to find games. I am starting to get close to filling up the internal though, so hopefully the new Games & Apps browser will make this all unnecessary.

I do the same, with the exception that all my 360 titles are on the internal while all the Xbox One titles are on the external. It's pretty great and makes it easier to find games. I am starting to get close to filling up the internal though, so hopefully the new Games & Apps browser will make this all unnecessary.

The only reason I haven't done it like this is I seem to remember talk about some BC games running better from an external, as well as XB1 games. I try to only put smaller games on the internal, but with only a 1TB external I've had to move a few bigger ones over there as well.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I really hoped they fixed that issue where the UI elements just fade into the background when you scroll down from the home screen instead of completely disappear. My gamerpic circle and the 6 icons on the left side are barely visible on some backgrounds.

gossi

There's a LOT of UI changes (and full UWA integration) going on here so I wouldn't rush in. The first waves really will be a beta.

gossi

I can already hear certain segments being upset it's broken etc :(

Yeah. It's telling this time they're doing the first few waves with people who actually provided feedback last time. I know a lot of people, including some real world friends, who enrolled thinking everything would basically work. When they discovered, say, USB TV tuning was broke they flipped the table.

Max_Po

Banned
Sorry to ask:

how do I enroll in the lastest build roll out?

I am in Preview program, Started the App -> Change -> do not see the option there.

Rellik

Have they admitted any more people into the program recently? Does it even let you apply for admittance?

You have to be selected by Microsoft. Post on the previous page goes over the selection process for this update

Opted in :)

Update on the Xbox Forums on selection/enrollment process:

"The next Xbox One update is nearly here and we're excited to start receiving feedback on it. This release includes substantial under-the-hood changes and some exciting new features. Over the next few weeks we'll be gradually enabling the new update option for the Preview audience.

During the rollout of the New Xbox One Experience last year, there was some confusion surrounding our selection process. This time we’re making it more simple. The option to enroll a console to test the latest update will be made available to users according to their Preview Award point score at the end of the last Preview wave (the users with the most Preview Award points will be eligible to opt-in first). Once you're eligible (and again, everyone in Preview will ultimately be eligible), you'll receive an Xbox Live message indicating that you now have the option to enroll in the latest Xbox One Experience via the Xbox Preview Dashboard. If you elect to enroll, your console will begin receiving updates shortly thereafter. Note: 'Shortly thereafter' is subjective :). The amount of time between opting in and receiving a build will vary based on issues identified by the Preview audience. Not to worry though, we will add people in the order that they opted in. "

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...review_forums/nxoe_1603/f/5601/t/2165359.aspx

So, order of invites are based on your points (activity) in the last preview wave.

You will get the updates pushed to you in the order you opt in (so opt in whenever you get the message :p)

mcrommert

Banned
Opted in :)

Update on the Xbox Forums on selection/enrollment process:

"The next Xbox One update is nearly here and we're excited to start receiving feedback on it. This release includes substantial under-the-hood changes and some exciting new features. Over the next few weeks we'll be gradually enabling the new update option for the Preview audience.

During the rollout of the New Xbox One Experience last year, there was some confusion surrounding our selection process. This time we’re making it more simple. The option to enroll a console to test the latest update will be made available to users according to their Preview Award point score at the end of the last Preview wave (the users with the most Preview Award points will be eligible to opt-in first). Once you're eligible (and again, everyone in Preview will ultimately be eligible), you'll receive an Xbox Live message indicating that you now have the option to enroll in the latest Xbox One Experience via the Xbox Preview Dashboard. If you elect to enroll, your console will begin receiving updates shortly thereafter. Note: 'Shortly thereafter' is subjective :). The amount of time between opting in and receiving a build will vary based on issues identified by the Preview audience. Not to worry though, we will add people in the order that they opted in. "

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_a...review_forums/nxoe_1603/f/5601/t/2165359.aspx

So, order of invites are based on your points (activity) in the last preview wave.

You will get the updates pushed to you in the order you opt in (so opt in whenever you get the message :p)

Awesome...didn't get the last update until regular users because i was in the control group that time around...so i have no points as i couldn't get them :(

You have to be selected by Microsoft. Post on the previous page goes over the selection process for this update

Sorry, I meant to the program as a whole, not this update.

I know they stopped accepting people a while back, wondering if they've starting letting more people in or not.

Rellik

Sorry, I meant to the program as a whole, not this update.

I know they stopped accepting people a while back, wondering if they've starting letting more people in or not.

Ah, I'm not so sure about that, but I know people can still send invites so they must be letting some through.

I don;t think they stopped completely. I think they just slowed the process down because they were getting full.

Just in time for me to get home.. do you think we'll be prompted? Or will it just take over and do it on its own?

If I recall correctly, if it's on standby mode, it will update in the middle of the night. However, if it's on energy saving mode, then after a day or two it will give you the prompt or you can just go into the settings menu after 6pm PST to manually start the process.

arhra

Have they admitted any more people into the program recently? Does it even let you apply for admittance?

I don't know if they're freely accepting new invites again yet, but some people got invites via a dashboard tile a few weeks ago. I fired the system up one day and saw this in the tile next to the recently-used list, and it took me to the preview dashboard app, which let me opt-in. There were a few threads on reddit with people saying they'd seen similar messages and got in.

CrewShadow

Got the Message tonight as well. But just going to see how long it takes to get rolled out for us how got the invite tonight, compared to the rest of you guys.

ad7ed28e2374f5a19eb7d0b24da06bf2.png

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/739985460332630017

Meh, disappointed they haven't (by the sounds of it anyway) worked on Achievements at all. I don't really care about being able to link more social media blah blah blah easier than ever.

I don't understand how the 'pioneers' of the system have let themselves get surpassed so easily by the late to the party copy-cat in Trophies. It's not a big focus for MS anymore it seems.

Rellik

Meh, disappointed they haven't (by the sounds of it anyway) worked on Achievements at all. I don't really care about being able to link more social media blah blah blah easier than ever.

I don't understand how the 'pioneers' of the system have let themselves get surpassed so easily by the late to the party copy-cat in Trophies. It's not a big focus for MS anymore it seems.

Let's wait and see what they roll out over the weeks first. This may be something they have worked on. Hopefully anyway.

Jumeira

Banned

Eh, the achievement scorecard is pretty cool, they're still ontop here. But there was some talk about revamped achievements a few weeks ago, I guess wait till e3.

Top Bottom