• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover Brooklyn |OT| No Hugs Till Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Ref X was just a smart way to get Joe out of the arena storylinewise. Otherwise the only correct move would be for Joe to attack Nak after winning the title as they are supposed to despise each other

Nak looks like he's got, at the very least a knee pad on under his pants with the leg he does the move with. But yeah, Joe could've been really good selling or he got jacked. I don't believe anything with the X being thrown up anymore unless there's confirmation of a legit injury or it's blatantly obvious.

First kickout of Kinshasa right?

It wasn't a "full" Kinshasa since Joe wasn't standing. Nakamura usually hits variations of the Boma Ye/Kinshasa knee strikes, such as the one to the back of the head from the second/top rope.

Once he revs up and nails the standing Kinshasa, it's OVAH.

galvatron

I thought that too initially. But then I realized that while Nakamura has a badass violinist playing a badass entrance for him, this is just another match for Joe, which makes Joe's entrance the most subtly badass entrance ever if you put it in context.

I agree that it suits him...and so does putting over Nakamura. I just didn't see Nak losing when he's this over and the bare bones entrance for Joe makes sure Nak doesn't have his thunder stolen. It was an observation, not a complaint.

I very much like how Joe controlled the entire match then Nak took advantage when he slipped on his ass. Joe's extended stay in TNA is such a dark mark on his career given that he's been a consistently amazing performer and has actually been treated like one in the promotions he's been working with outside of it.

It was a great run until Angle showed up and they jobbed Joe to him. Like Angle needed a rub...

ghostmind

I very much like how Joe controlled the entire match then Nak took advantage when he slipped on his ass. Joe's extended stay in TNA is such a dark mark on his career given that he's been a consistently amazing performer and has actually been treated like one outside of it.

I'm so happy for Joe being given this opportunity and owning it.

Almost like a rebirth for him, and I hope he is not injured because I want to see him either feud with Nak, or run roughshod over Smackdown.

I wouldn't expect Joe to go up immediately. They have to get the rematch out of the way. If the Takeover schedule is the same as last year, that won't be at least until October.

I missed the Ember Moon match. Any impressions?

She still doing that awkward tornado stunner?

I think the Ref X was just a smart way to get Joe out of the arena storylinewise. Otherwise the only correct move would be for Joe to attack Nak after winning the title as they are supposed to despise each other

If its a worked storyline injury it would be a good reason to write him off NXT all together and move him up in a few weeks when the time is right.

Syder

Man, Nakamura looks so fucking good with a belt. I cannot wait until we see the return of his Crown entrance.
Wrestlemania?

I missed the Ember Moon match. Any impressions?

She still doing that awkward tornado stunner?
Match was fine and the finisher was cool but man, the way they did those teasers made me think her character would be cool and mysterious. Instead she came out pretty energetic and all smiles. It was fine, but she got hyped like some gloomy character which made the contrast weird.

They have done it a few time. I remember it a Ric Flair match many years back (00s). It is rare though, at least inside the confines of WWE.
Wrestlemania 22, I think. Flair took a suplex off a ladder (!!!) and they did the X only for him to come back into the match and take another bump off the ladder.

Hasney

They have been constantly fucking around with the X for about a year now, especially in NXT. They know that we know what it means.

Once they fucked around with the copyright square that signifies the show is over for KO to destroy Zayn, that's when you knew nothing was sacred.

Syder

For anyone wondering the violinist was Lee England Jr.

tumblr_oc8mtx9qyp1u1ljrzo3_500.gif

tumblr_oc8mtx9qyp1u1ljrzo5_540.gif

Let's see....If Baylee leaves there's just nothing but noob NXT women's wrestlers left.

Nikki Cross is really solid and should be able to seem like she belongs after a few more Full Sail matches. They are making an effort to get behind Billie Kay (who is good). Ember Moon is fantastic. Then there is Asuka.

If they use those four right they can build competent division gain, and hope some of the others advance well in coming months.

Let's see....If Baylee leaves there's just nothing but noob NXT women's wrestlers left.

The division needs a shakeup given how dependant they've been on the 4 horsewoman and Asuka's reputation. Ember's a good start given she's ready to go then it will give them a chance to let the indie vets like Kay and Glencross (who's someone who should really shine) adapt to the style and give less experienced up and comers like Rose & Berenato time to develop.

They threw up the X when Balor lost the NXT title to Joe in the first place at the house show. The camera kept cutting to Joe even after the first X, had it been legit I don't think they would keep going back to him.

Ithil

NXT women roster without Bayley:

Asuka
Nikki Cross
Ember Moon
Billie Kay
Peyton Royce
Liv Morgan
Daria
Mandy Rose
aliyah

The first three can be your top women. Daria has an interesting gimmick even if she's early days.

Liv Morgan has lots of charisma but is a ways off from being ready.

Valentus

The division needs a shakeup given how dependant they've been on the 4 horsewoman and Asuka's reputation. Ember's a good start given she's ready to go then it will give them a chance to let the indie vets like Kay and Glencross (who's someone who should really shine) adapt to the style and give up and comers like Rose & Berenato time to develop.

The division now is totally on diapers. The only "veterans" are Asuka and Kay. Only the IWC knows that Ember moon and nikki storm are the real threats to asuka's reign.

That will be interesting to see how the NXT women division will rebuild, because Athena made a huge impact tonight, and in twitter the only thing everybody talks about when mention her is about the o-face lmao. But she needs time to have more recognition, because, again, only the IWC know well about her and storm.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
It was a fun show to be at live. The Tag title match was the Match of the Night and it was great to see Nakamura win the title.

If WWE are really stuck they could just throw money at Helen Maroulis. Give her a few months in Performance Center, many more in NXT. She could grow into something great with her freestyle background.

The division now is totally on diapers. The only "veterans" are Asuka and Kay. Only the IWC knows that Ember moon and nikki storm are the real threats to asuka's reign.

That will be interesting to see how the NXT women division will rebuild, because Athena made a huge impact tonight, and in twitter the only thing everybody talks about when mention her is about the o-face lmao. But she needs time to have more recognition, because, again, only the IWC know well about her and storm.

I agree that right now things don't look great but the best period of the NXT women's division came from when it was on diapers. Nobody gave a shit about Bayley, Sasha, Charlotte or Becky until they built themselves up on NXT. Then over the last few month's they've suffered for focusing on guys like Bayley (who peaked this time last year) and a relative of The Rock who was destined to be fast-tracked for that very reason. Asuka's been great but she's had nothing to work with. She should have just killed Bayley and that should have been the start of the new generation.

I'd much rather they attempt to make new talent rather than them just tread water on NXT vets, established competitors and women who are destined to be given a shot no matter what. To be absolutely honest I think Jax could have benefited from more time in developmental because she's pretty terrible at being a monster but comes across as a rally fantastic person when not playing that character and could be a great role-model for the younger audience.

Does ember moon that stupid top rope stunner that will destroy her hip by age 35?

Yeah. I hope she avoids regular use of the move on WWE's schedule. Keep it for TV taping or events like this. She should not be doing it multiple times a week at live events. That is asking for trouble.

Thankfully she has about 10 other spectacular moves that could be used to finish a match.

Tall4Life

The Women's division in NXT will be fine. It was so focused on the 4 horsewomen for so long that everyone else got shafted, and unrightfully so. When they start building up the other women again, it'll be great again.

Valentus

That was a very enjoyable show. 2 years in a row that brooklyn dont dissapoint. NXT should made this PPV as it's wrestlemania or something like that. It looks like brooklyn really loves NXT.

I really hope that bayley dont go to smackdown if the center of attention still is that crappy eva marie angle (well, with the wellness violation...)

In NXT, i think Asuka wont defent her title in a couple of months until the division stabilizes a little.

The tag team match was the match of the night. Dash and Dawson are really awesome old school heels, but i still think TMDK (TM-61 are called now?) are going to take the titles from them.

Ember Moon didnt dissapoint. Haitch dissapoint because he signed her 2 years late. I hope she uses the O-Face only on big events because that move will destroy her hip.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just checking out the show on the Network to see how it came across on TV (err..internet, whatever).

So far (just through the NWJ and Aries entrances) the crowd doesn't sound remotely as hot as it actually was in the arena. Part of that is because they blew it on timing the intro. The crowd was popping loud as fuck for every person who appeared in the intro film, and there were massive NXT chants basically right up to the second before they cut to the live arena. They had been showing the crowd on the tron before that, making it seem like we were already live, so the crowd was chanting before they actually went live.

Asuka as the Empress of NXT, give her a throne over watching women's matches like what they did in Lucha Underground.

Ember Moon didnt dissapoint. Haitch dissapoint because he signed her 2 years late. I hope she uses the O-Face only on big events because that move will destroy her hip.

She probably fell off the radar a bit in 2013 from getting injured.

But yeah, I do also hope she gets an alternate finish so she isn't doing the O-Face what could eventually be 200 times a year for the sake of her hips and spine. She's not near 300 pounds but look how badly just a leg drop fucked up Hogan's back and hip after doing it for decades. I'm sure it's been discussed by trainers and whoever else in the PC, she's probably heard it a million times at this point, I know I've brought it up to her along with how it better remain extremely protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom