• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover Brooklyn |OT| No Hugs Till Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
But yeah, I do also hope she gets an alternate finish so she isn't doing the O-Face what could eventually be 200 times a year for the sake of her hips and spine. She's not near 300 pounds but look how badly just a leg drop fucked up Hogan's back and hip after doing it for decades.

Or Austin from that matter, and he was only doing it from a standing position.

Or Austin from that matter, and he was only doing it from a standing position.

Well, I think whatever spine issues Austin may have would stem more from Owen nearly crippling him but last I read/heard from him was that he was fine in that regard, besides that his biggest problem was his wrecked knees.

Iceman829

Just checking out the show on the Network to see how it came across on TV (err..internet, whatever).

So far (just through the NWJ and Aries entrances) the crowd doesn't sound remotely as hot as it actually was in the arena. Part of that is because they blew it on timing the intro. The crowd was popping loud as fuck for every person who appeared in the intro film, and there were massive NXT chants basically right up to the second before they cut to the live arena. They had been showing the crowd on the tron before that, making it seem like we were already live, so the crowd was chanting before they actually went live.
Yea they fucked the intro up. 2 minutes to live... 1 minute and then a video package... let's us know when we are actually live...

I'm on the train home now. My subway car had chants going most of the way back to Penn station. I feel bad for the poor souls stuck on there.

They seemed to rotate between "hey we want some baily", *glorious/roode, and the nakamura song and chanTs

It's always interesting to watch the show after seeing it in person. I went to all 3 shows last year and noticed things I didn't see from my seat and then certain crowd stuff I swear you would hear didn't come through

What a night man, my voice is fucking GONE.

Obviously the tag match was MOTN, the crowd was nervous the entire time afterwards because of a possible Ciampa turn. Roode was GLORIOUS and unfortunately the women's match was underwhelming, felt way too short. The hug felt forced also.

Dear NXT Crowds,

Please stop chanting "This is X" before anything has even happened yet. You sound dumb.

Also come up with your own damn chants, don't steal main roster chants and change the words.
lol shut up

Fantomex

Solid C+ show, outside of the tag team match nothing truly stood out .

c0mfPRS.gif

Bayley v Asuka was much better than the first, the tag match ended up becoming great after a slow start, Aries/No Way Jose was great, and Ember/Roode looked great in their debuts despite mediocre matches

Joe/Nak was solid, much better than recent main events. I still really liked the Dallas Joe/Balor event, the intensity from both dudes was unmatched. The constant pausing for blood was annoying but also kind of helped build the match as a straight up brawl

The finish to Asuka/Bayley was so so good. RIP

MrChom

Not as good as Takeover Dallas, but pretty decent.

No Way Jose vs. Austin Aries - Good opener, way better than I expected, NWJ is going places. (Superstars...or maybe even SNME!). No, but seriously, good to see. Aries needs to ditch the terrible cape, though.

Ember Moon vs. Billie Kay - Decent but it didn't seem like the crowd was up for it. Not terrible, but also not the biggest way to debut Ember Moon. Also, seriously, what's up with the gimmick/personality dissonance? It would be like seeing loads of promo videos for the Undertaker, and then he comes to the ring dancing to Too Cool's music...

Andrade Almas vs. Bobby Roode - Good moments in here but Almas was basically blown out of the water by Roode even existing. His spot of lying down in the ropes played off Roode perfectly, though. Might have benefitted from being a shorter match in all honesty.

The Revival (c) vs. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa - Match of the Night. The Revival are a fantastic Tag Team and frankly they do their jobs as being frustrating coward heels so well it's a pleasure to watch. I fear for them on the main roster in time...largely as I won't see them, but they're great to watch. Then you have Gargano and Ciampa who do a great job as deserving faces opposite them...more of this please!

Asuka (c) vs. Bayley - Crowd was deflated for this and so was I. It was a good match but it never got the crowd going. Not as good as their match in Dallas but thoroughly acceptable wrestling, and hopefully what will be a decent send-off for Bayley (who desperately needs to change her finish, dear lord it's awful)

Samoa Joe (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - Pretty good, but I sort of glazed over for it. I think the tag match actually did kill the rest of the show dead for me by this point. Not much to say...I like both of these guys, but I just feel like both have better matches in them against different opponents.

Jamie OD

Enjoyable show. The time just flew by watching it. Tag title match was my favourite match. The Revival in title matches is the most consistently good thing NXT has going for them. Asuka Vs Bayley is 2nd. Wasn't as good as Bayley Vs Sasha last year but that was a perfect storm that can't be matched. This was still a really good bout that is worth watching. Joe Vs Shinsuke was good but the jaw injury looks like it shortened the match a bit. Happy that No Way Jose wasn't booed out of the building by the pro-Aries crowd. Jose is improving and had a good performance here. Roode's entrance is money. Ember Moon had a good debut and I know she can do better.

Good show but nakamura still hasn't had a match at the level of his debut vs zayn. I think it show how fucking awesome zayn is as a big match worker.

El-Suave

It was enjoyable as expected, but it didn't blow me away as I hoped it would. Last year's iteration was better and there have been quite a few other Takeovers that I'd prefer. I'm really curious how things will go with the current roster, the women's division especially needs to establish some of the recently introduced new talent quickly.

Foggy

Good NXT event, great WWE event.

I gotta say though, the more I watch Bayley the more unsettled I am by her gimmick, look, and mannerisms.

To echo an earlier poster I'd give this a C+ as well. Still good and I don't regret watching it, but they've done much better before.

Jamie OD

Any theories out there on what the "Sanity" video was all about....?

A few guesses I saw online were Eric Young (His gear has similar words on it) and Tommy End (Maybe too early for him, he is still working indie dates). There's also tag team that have done a few jobber appearances but have developed a Mad Max looking gimmick on house shows. Their current names are Alexander Wolfe and Sawyer Fulton. I saw Wolfe wrestle in Germany as Axeman and he was alright.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought the tag match was only the third or fourth best match. I enjoyed the main event and opener a lot more and possibly the women's match as well. Dash and Dawson are just incredibly bland to me.

Jezbollah

What a night man, my voice is fucking GONE.

Obviously the tag match was MOTN, the crowd was nervous the entire time afterwards because of a possible Ciampa turn. Roode was GLORIOUS and unfortunately the women's match was underwhelming, felt way too short. The hug felt forced also.

lol shut up

Aww. It wouldn't be a NXT Takeover without at least one person here shitting on the crowd.

Most believe it's for the debut of Tommy End, an indy wrestler who just signed with WWE with a similar anarchist gimmick.

just to be pedantic, it's a satanist gimmick

I've seen a lot of talk Crazy Mary got signed, so possibly her?

Solid upper tier TakeOver. Almas impressed me, though he had no chance with the crowd, Roode needs a new finisher, Ember Moon is on a rocket to the top, tag match was MOTN, NAK

just to be pedantic, it's a satanist gimmick

I've seen a lot of talk Crazy Mary got signed, so possibly her?

Solid upper tier TakeOver. Almas impressed me, though he had no chance with the crowd, Roode needs a new finisher, Ember Moon is on a rocket to the top, tag match was MOTN, NAK

Meltzer did say it was for her, so it's looking like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom