• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NY AG: SoS Tillerson Used "Alias" Email at Exxon, Evaded Discovery Proceedings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Exxon
Mobil
Actual criminal wrongdoing
I
L
S

bloomberg said:
New York says Secretary of State Rex Tillerson used an email alias to discuss climate change while he was Exxon Mobil Corp.'s chief executive: Wayne Tracker.

Tillerson sent messages from the account to discuss the risks posed by climate change, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said in a court filing about his office's fraud investigation of the company. Tillerson, whose middle name is Wayne, used the Wayne Tracker account on the Exxon system from at least 2008 through 2015, Schneiderman said.

Schneiderman made the claim in a letter Monday to Justice Barry Ostrager in New York state court in Manhattan, accusing Exxon of failing to turn over all relevant documents required by a court order. The filing comes in a protracted legal dispute in which Exxon seeks to derail probes by New York and Massachusetts into whether the company misled investors for years about the possible impact of climate change on its business....

"Despite the company's incidental production of approximately 60 documents bearing the ‘Wayne Tracker' email address, neither Exxon nor its counsel have ever disclosed that this separate email account was a vehicle for Mr. Tillerson's relevant communications at Exxon, and no documents appear to have been collected from this email account," Schneiderman said.

The existence of the secondary email account was discovered by Schneiderman's team while reviewing other Exxon documents. New York claims the Irving, Texas-based energy giant has failed to turn over thousands of relevant files. In addition to climate change, the alias account was also used to discuss other "important matters" that weren't specified in the letter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...sed-alias-email-for-climate-messages-n-y-says

Rex Tillerson literally used an alternate email account to discuss business at Exxon to attempt to conceal evidence from the State of New York. They refused to turn over email evidence when subpoenaed, then once a court order was issued, they turned over email evidence that omitted emails from the alternate email account.

Seems fine!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So wait, he was so afraid to discuss that Climate Change might be real that he used an alias? Am I reading that right?

Got

Banned
He's definitely someone who should be dragged out into the street and shot in the head for crimes against humanity. Sometimes it's too bad we are too civilized to do that.

O0UjOJZ.jpg

NYR

At least he didn't use Tex Rillerson. I could just imagine his response if he did:

"And I would have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!"

As this happens here, I wonder what's taking place in the Hillary timeline.

Well back last fall Chaffetz flat out said he would spend the next 4-8 years under Clinton investigating Benghazi and her emails. So that. Oh and the republicans doing everything they are complaining about the dems doing, except they would have the majority and actually be able to halt everything they didnt like.

pigeon

Banned
He's definitely someone who should be dragged out into the street and shot in the head for crimes against humanity. Sometimes it's too bad we are too civilized to do that.

This is not something you should be posting

Link

The Autumn Wind
Unbelievable how so obviously corrupt this entire administration is, and yet the cowards that make up the GOP not only refuse to take any action, they refuse to admit anything wrong is being done. Meanwhile, can you believe that shit about Hillary's emails? I think we need yet another investigation. LOCK HER UP!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So wait, he was so afraid to discuss that Climate Change might be real that he used an alias? Am I reading that right?

ExxonMobil and Shell were talking about climate change being real as far back as the 1970s. They covered it up.

Lol. No.

I'm glad we don't live in a country that just straight up executes people.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The Trump campaign seems to have become a hilariously large honey trap. So much brazen acts of corruption.

We've entered into a fucking cartoon where the GOP is so power hungry that unless a cabinet member fucks a white child or helps the poor, nothing will happen to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom