• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NY Times - Okami Lovefest

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Himuro said:
What the ****? I love the game.

Yeah, I know. That's why your comment seemed odd. Unless I misinterpreted it...

White Man said:
Himuro and the NYT started it! And Nintendo, by dropping the ball on post N64 3d Zelda!

Fixed for j00.

I can't come into any threads on GAF anymore without running into a bunch of imagination whores. Can't you people at least try and talk about the framerate for once?

it's sad that it's getting so many comparisons with zelda, but at the same time, i understand. I mean, this game feels like zelda, and rips some things straight out of zelda gameplay wise. but it definately does enough to set itself apart from zelda as it's own unique experience and a great one.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
New York Times said:
But over all, this game is so visually striking, so original and so well done that most other game designers should look at it and then hang their heads in shame. It is proof that the important thing in game design is not the graphical processing power of the game console but the power of the designer’s imagination.

dyls said:
Also, an interesting view into the more casual observer's opinion on the direction of games.

I am astounded but not at all surprised that the supposed "casual" interpretation of what games are trumps most around here by a mile and a half.

Amir0x said:
buy a ****ing PS2, and play one of the greatest games ever. cry cry a river if you don't

Bah I played the hell out of this game and spread the word wherever I could, but damn it needs remake/sequel on the wii. It just makes sense.

Flynn

Billy Rygar said:
I can't come into any threads on GAF anymore without running into a bunch of imagination whores. Can't you people at least try and talk about the framerate for once?

If only we had some hard numbers for quantifying imagination, then we could bitch about Okami having brainstorm slowdown in certain parts and not maintaining a constant innovation rate.

Top Bottom