• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Flynn received proposal on how to lift Russia sanctions week before resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
can we stop mentioning hillary every time a trump corruption thread pops up? it's been done so many times already and it's getting kinda old.

Agreed. Sometimes I get the feeling people don't actually read the OP and just post Hillary or emails or something just because. That's not the way to go about this.

There is nothing inherently wrong with exploring sanction relief; it will eventually become an avenue to pursue were the two nations to improve their current standing. The insinuation, however, that sanctions being removed to be an order from the Kremlin itself is - in my opinion - without much merit. I can accept that Russian players are trying to influence Trump aides, but that is to be expected within the diplomatic world; people use leverage and favours.

The issue here is whether or not these Trump aides are being coerced into accepting demands from Moscow. That is a huge stretch to which there has been no evidence, despite all the leaks and IC looking into it for almost a year.

You keep doing this in different threads. I honestly don't know what your angle is here.

WedgeX

Banned
Just imagine how much worse this would be had Manafort still be in charge as well.

Poor Ukraine. We've failed them.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
There is nothing inherently wrong with exploring sanction relief; it will eventually become an avenue to pursue were the two nations to improve their current standing. The insinuation, however, that sanctions being removed to be an order from the Kremlin itself is - in my opinion - without much merit. I can accept that Russian players are trying to influence Trump aides, but that is to be expected within the diplomatic world; people use leverage and favours.

The issue here is whether or not these Trump aides are being coerced into accepting demands from Moscow. That is a huge stretch to which there has been no evidence, despite all the leaks and IC looking into it for almost a year.

Certainly more evidence than would be required to give credence to "aliens are visiting us" stories you've espoused so many times before.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Certainly more evidence than would be required to give credence to "aliens are visiting us" stories you've espoused so many times before.

Oh snap!

I love GAF.

I am curious as to the "don't destroy records comment" does the FBI have records to compare if things do get destroyed?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Maybe if trump was painted green instead of orange...

theWB27

i want to believe some of the gop senators are smarter than their idiot members in the house and realize they need to start doing something now to keep their seats.

I guess we'll see. They have to be aware, even if not in public, of the outcry that's been taking place since Trump has been in office. Especially at their town halls.

Maybe if trump was painted green instead of orange...

ZZEfnJ6.png

I love GAF.

I am curious as to the "don't destroy records comment" does the FBI have records to compare if things do get destroyed?

That would probably be the case. Why else announce this so publically? It is much easier to get them on the cover up to get the ball rolling. They probably are moving into the final phases of the investigation.

Zereta

While ultimately I don't think this plan will come to fruition, it shows that Trump is ready to dump Ukraine, falls in like with the rhetoric that Manafort established during the RNC and also kinda clues us into the fact that Manafort clearly still has ties to Trump.

No good.

That would probably be the case. Why else announce this so publically? It is much easier to get them on the cover up to get the ball rolling. They probably are moving into the final phases of the investigation.

It would make no sense to announce this if they didn't have copies made. I think the IC has enough to start pressing the administration a lot tougher now.

Nerazar

Trump will "acid wash" all the records because they're very, very bad.

That's why you don't announce stuff in the open. All the bad hombres are entering the country now if you tell them that they will be shut off next week.

So all the documents are acid washed now, because someone told them that they are important. Stupid, stupid justice system.

Every thread you'll get multiple posts that all of this is nothing and nothing at all will come of it and Trump and co will get exactly what they want.

Which is funny because they've been holding Ls a lot lately what with the ban getting tossed and Flynn getting tossed

Nobility

Banned
This is a devastating leak if true.

But nothing will happen immediately I presume, which I still find amazing after everything that has been uncovered to date.

This is looking more and more like the next Watergate each day.

This future HBO TV mini-series will win all the awards.

This is a devastating leak if true.

But nothing will happen immediately I presume, which I still find amazing after everything that has been uncovered to date.

This is looking more and more like the next Watergate each day.

This future HBO TV mini-series will win all the awards.

I am actually impressed with the amount of leaks coming out. I am also impressed with the pushback from the media so far as I have felt that they kinda gave Trump softballs through the primary season.

I am actually impressed with the amount of leaks coming out. I am also impressed with the pushback from the media so far as I have felt that they kinda gave Trump softballs through the primary season.

I think the media had too much faith in Americans, so they went after the ratings.

Hopefully lesson learned.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just another piece of evidence indicating that Trump's inner circle is working for Russia either for personal gain, as a result of blackmail, or a combination of both.

I'm still waiting for the EU to completely shred this administration publicly. The ban caused some unfriendly reactions already, but the lifting of Russian sanctions without proper reason would cross the line I'd imagine.

I don't think it's that clear cut. Intentionally undermining the foreign policy of a sitting president through such means sort of seems like treason.

Yes but it was done by an incoming administration. I am not arguing with the point I just see the murkiness that is going to come up around this mess.

GuyKazama

This probably isn't, undermining foreign governments is nothing new. Them doing it under Trump's nose probably is? Executive has final say on policy, no?

Well, Flynn was fired -- I don't see the illegality of any actions -- but he certainly didn't seem to have the trust of anyone in the administration. More like he was not doing his job of informing the President.

This is the concern Rand Paul has with the idea of John Bolton as NSA.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'm still waiting for the EU to completely shred this administration publicly. The ban caused some unfriendly reactions already, but the lifting of Russian sanctions without proper reason would cross the line I'd imagine.

Well its a giant red flag because there is no reason to lift Russia sanctions, in fact there needs to be added ones because of the hacking with the election. One crazy conspiracy theory i have is maybe Trump thinks he is preventing war by working with Russia to release the sanctions. Like maybe Russia right now has 2 options, one being have Trump do something to save them (cause they running out of money and time) or the other being involve themselves where they have to forcefully take things like a war.

KHarvey16

I want to believe not much is being swept under the rug and that the slowness is owned to so much infighting between those who want to keep power.

I don't think anything we're experiencing now is effected in any way by "slowness." All of this is happening incredibly fast. Things like this normally take many months or even years.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You can argue that the sanctions have been put in place in the interest of US national security, so this could definitely be considered treason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom