• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: White House Plans to Have Trump Ally Review Intelligence Agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
OLoiMxO.png

So.... tell me about your role as CIA....

Glix

I mean he kinda has to do this especially with that story about them withholding information.

But he has to understand by now he isnt going to be able to beat them.

Sounds like the plot of movie. After their agency is gutted a crack team of spies go rouge in an effort clear their names, and save their country.

Foffy

Banned
I hope if any gutting happens, it's a type of aortic dissection, and the hemorrhaging is damning information.

wandering

Banned
Meanwhile, somewhere in the world, an unassuming clean cut man who keeps multiple passports in a safe deposit box just received an encrypted text message.

Ogodei

The IC has already figured out that Trump has no loyalty to the country. I doubt they'll roll over for this.

Not to the point of doing anything super-bad (like a coup), but an uncooperative IC can cause immense pain nonetheless.

VariantX

This administration is really going to double down and continue to piss on that electric fence. They're clearly out of their depth if they think some random billionaire a-hole can do shit about the fire they started witg the IC. He STILL thinks this shit is like one of his businesses and can play dictator. Just doing what they're doing as clumsily as they possibly can.

Deku Tree

When is the last time anyone tried to take on the intelligence agencies?

It's amazing the way the left has always despised the CIA and now we are praying that they will save us.

weekev

Banned
I can't decide if this is good or bad. On the one hand it is gonna escalate the IC efforts into investigating the current regimes links with Russia and potentially speed up what looks like an inevitable impeachment but this means it could be a rush job and elements of the current corrupt government could be left in place meaning that even if Donny is ousted it could still be a puppet president or y'know Pence, who is evil in a different way.

Caja 117

just figuring if they know they are about to be purged you'd think they would unleash all they got.

This is not just one agency and/or one agent, not only that, but there is also the golbal IC communitty, bottom line is that if theres something damaging and they want to take him down, Theres nothing that he can do to stop this, these agency have decades of experience whereas he Doesnt have a single clue on how things work.

Aces&Eights

The alphabets run the show behind the scenes. If Trump things sending in some investment banker is going to make them see the light and do what he wants then he has clearly never watched a spy movie in his life. They will bide their time then eat him for lunch.

Can Trump actually have all these guys fired from this? It's scary, but say they came up with some bullshit and forced them out, could they not take this to the courts if that happened?

ZOONAMI

If the IC has been holding anything back out of fear of destabilizing our government any further, I hope they now realize the best option is to take these clowns down for treason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom