• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oblivion - "stuck in the air, everything black" bug

Sorry this might have been answered before, but it's a pain to try and find it in the long official thread.

Just rented Oblivion and I restarted the game, only to find my character stuck in the air, floating down and everything around me pitch black. After loading several saves, I tried starting a whole new game and I see the portrait and the background as all black in the character creation screen.

So I cleaned the disc, blow on it etc. Same thing. I know I can just exchange it for another one, but I'm curious whether anyone has experienced this or whether it's common. I've heard stories about Oblivion causing issues on the 360.

Thanks!

GhaleonEB

gettergooey said:
Sorry this might have been answered before, but it's a pain to try and find it in the long official thread.

Just rented Oblivion and I restarted the game, only to find my character stuck in the air, floating down and everything around me pitch black. After loading several saves, I tried starting a whole new game and I see the portrait and the background as all black in the character creation screen.

So I cleaned the disc, blow on it etc. Same thing. I know I can just exchange it for another one, but I'm curious whether anyone has experienced this or whether it's common. I've heard stories about Oblivion causing issues on the 360.

Thanks!
I've never seen that before. I have not seen anyone in the official thread (which is a good place to ask about this stuff) mention it before. Weird.

bengraven

I agree with Ghaleon. This should be in the official thread. Possibly combine this with that one?

As for that, I don't know what to tell you. I've never had this problem before. And I've had ALL the problems pre-patch.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wait, is this some sort of known issue?! It sounds like your 360 is failing, but if everything else works, I guess it couldn't be...

Very odd.

Confidence Man said:
Try clearing the cache on the hard drive? Maybe some data got corrupted or something.

This is what I'd recommend as well. I do know that I've heard of a few others having issues like this, and I know that some have had to resort to some pretty extreme measures to get it fixed, such as re-formatting the hard drive. Try the cache thing first though.

.Abras.

I got the exaclty same problem with a brand new copy.

After I got another copy with a friend I discovered that it was a problem with that original disc.
I sended back the first one and the store sent me another new one, works perfect then.

i have this problem too often with the pc version. dunno what it could be. usually i just restart the computer and that works.

Top Bottom