• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

You know that feeling you get when you see someone's been banned and you want to do some digging to find out the cause?

That's how I feel about Plywood's avatar changes.

He should be forced to leave a source link here to the thread or post that lead to his decision.

Like, why did he change his avatar to Jon Snow from Game of Thrones? Why that facial expression? What does it mean? What are you trying to tell us, Plywood?

You know that feeling you get when you see someone's been banned and you want to do some digging to find out the cause?

He should be forced to leave a source link here to the thread or post that lead to his decision.

Like, why did he change his avatar to Jon Snow from Game of Thrones? Why that facial expression? What does it mean? What are you trying to tell us, Plywood?

he knows nothing.

A.P.P., how can I explain it

I'll take you frame by frame it

To have y'all jumpin' shall we singin' it

A is for A, P is for Pretty scratchin' temple

The last P...well...that's not that simple

DMczaf

Guys, remember that year when Big Show was the final entrant in the Rumble?

We love Big Show, guys. If not, WWE will make us love him.

jred2k

I really can't wait for the avatar rumble. I'll be interested to see if the person that wins will end up getting a push around September of that year. Then we will know once and for all that someone important reads WrassleGAF.

I'm finally reviewing that CZW show I promised...god, the non-tournament matches are far more disgusting than any deathmatch wrestling could be. Sure, there's no gore, but I'd rather watch Nick Gage carve up foreheads than a bunch of indie-riffic tag wrestlers slip about the rain-soaked ring as they try for YET ANOTHER flippy head-drop move that results in a two count. There's a match with Ruckus next, for god's sake. RUCKUS!

I'm finally reviewing that CZW show I promised...god, the non-tournament matches are far more disgusting than any deathmatch wrestling could be. Sure, there's no gore, but I'd rather watch Nick Gage carve up foreheads than a bunch of indie-riffic tag wrestlers slip about the rain-soaked ring as they try for YET ANOTHER flippy head-drop move that results in a two count. There's a match with Ruckus next, for god's sake. RUCKUS!

So THAT'S why you've been so quiet lately. Truly a warrior for the people.

jmdajr

I didn't know about Bayless and Danger. Never heard of that one.

Also, list is missing Mickey James.

John-Cena-Not-Bad.gif

We're currently learning how to putt. It's basically like playing mini golf for an hour but without the fun obstacles and shit.

That sounds fucking amazing. I'm stuck with all these engineering courses dammit

I hear the Avatar Rumble will have its own OT thread, for what it's worth.

Don't. The clowns in the OT won't commit to the avatar change, I can assure you that.

Mick Foley talking some real talk

WHO ELSE MISSES KURT ANGLE?

No one does a better job of putting together video packages than WWE - and they did it twice on this past Monday's RAW. The Daniel Bryan piece was just tremendous, and accomplished exactly what it was supposed to; reinforcing the bond Daniel shares with the WWE Universe, and making many of us (including me) clamor for a Bryan victory at "Hell in a Cell". The Cena career retrospective was excellent also, but may have created an unintended response. For if you guys and gals are like me (not talking about the love handles and the missing ear, but about being a huge wrestling fan) your first response was "wow, I miss Hurt Angle!"

He was on the video for less than 20 seconds, but that was all it took to remind every long-time fan of what a huge part of WWE Kurt was. I know he's had an amazing career since leaving WWE, but if my own departure from WWE proved one thing, it's that a good percentage of the WWE Universe only wants to see their WWE Superstars inside WWE. That's not a knock on TNA. But while many enjoy Kurt on a regular basis on Thursdays, I just know a Kurt Angle return to WWE - whether it's a one-time match, an extended run, or a very worthy induction into the WWE Hall of Fame - will be huge! I miss Kurt Angle in WWE...and, based and so do you.

i miss him to mick!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

I was not led to this, I came upon on it my own. It was my decision to bear it, due to circumstances in my own life. At times I struggle with choosing a new avatar. Whether it's an avatar that comforts me or the users around me or one which encapsulates how I am feeling at a certain in my walk of life. Sometimes I feel compelled to go for the unusual, sort of like an outward expression of inner turmoil. I don't pretend that the process makes sense, I just go for what feels right and sometimes nothing feels right.

strobogo

Banned
Stro, can you embed the classic Royal Rumble theme into all of your RR recaps?

If not, I'll just keep this on loop while I read them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ6VWYutfHU

Done. 88/89/90 have been updated and it will be there for 91 and 92.

Sadly, it looks like 93-97 were never returned to my library. I'm not particularly interested in doing the Attitude Era stuff, but there might be a random PPV from 2008 that I'll do once in a while. There are a number of DVDs from 2007 and 2008 for some reason.

Done. 88/89/90 have been updated and it will be there for 91 and 92.

Sadly, it looks like 93-97 were never returned to my library. I'm not particularly interested in doing the Attitude Era stuff, but there might be a random PPV from 2008 that I'll do once in a while. There are a number of DVDs from 2007 and 2008 for some reason.

Appears most of the RRs are on youtube, the full event not just the Ramble itself.

Big Dave saying that undertaker/LEsnar is on the cards for mania. which seems like bad idea for taker and kind of a waste.

id do Wyatt/taker and Bryan/Lesnar for the title.

Bowser

Big Dave saying that undertaker/LEsnar is on the cards for mania. which seems like bad idea for taker and kind of a waste.

id do Wyatt/taker and Bryan/Lesnar for the title.

WWE didn't sign Lesnar, an A+ player, so he could get back in the ring with a B+ guy like Bryan. Lesnar's only getting back in the ring against the likes of Taker, The Rock, John Cena, and TRIPLE HAITCH.

strobogo

Banned
I didn't think I could take Punk seriously against Bork, but that match was amazing. Bork vs Bryan absolutely should happen and it should be amazing since Bryan can do real submissions and have legit strikes to make it look like a real fight.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Undertaker has -zero- business stepping into the ring with a total chump in Wyatt.

I don't think Taker vs Lesnar is a good idea though. Taker vs Bryan would be pretty neat though.

Top Bottom