• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |strobogo Recap OT| This title is held in abeyance

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cena is more important than HHH
Vince would replace HHH with Cena if he could. HHH was never Vince's golden boy. I wouldn't be surprised if Shane suddenly said he wanted to go back and Vince immediately replaced Mr. Hs with him

strobogo

Banned
Why don't many body builders have facial hair? I get the no body hair thing for the STRIATIONS, MUSCULATURE, and POWER, but they're always clean shaven without even a hint of stubble. Is it related to the steroids and HGH? Cena has always weirded me out since I've never seen even a hint of stubble on him in 10 years on television. Unless he shaves right before he hits the ring.

I wish Sunny was still around so he could give me the scoops.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Why don't many body builders have facial hair? I get the no body hair thing for the STRIATIONS, MUSCULATURE, and POWER, but they're always clean shaven without even a hint of stubble. Is it related to the steroids and HGH? Cena has always weirded me out since I've never seen even a hint of stubble on him in 10 years on television. Unless he shaves right before he hits the ring.

I wish Sunny was still around so he could give me the scoops.

It's the idea that facial hair distracts the eye away from the muscles and physique. Enough that someone with the same physique, weight, and look minus the beard or moustache will always score higher than a person with a beard or moustache.

Aiii

So not worth it
(Made by Peezy on Reddit)

As of this writing, Abeyance has been WWE champion for 37 days (and will remain champion until at least day 41).

Previous Abeyance reigns:
51 days in 1988 (vacated after Andre sold the title to Dibiase. Abeyance was later defeated by Macho Man Randy Savage)
46 days between late 1991 and early 1992, when Jack Tunney stripped Hogan of the belt and Ric Flair eliminated Abeyance at the 1992 Royal Rumble to win it.
3 days in 1997, after defeating Shawn Michaels' smile
49 days in 1998, eventually losing the title to The Rock.
5 days in 1999, Abeyance defeated the Chairman of the Board, only to be buried by Triple H at the PPV less than a week later. Typical.
5 days in 2007, Abeyance defeated John Cena and put him on the shelf for four months. But once again, Triple H struck and Abeyance was buried for the 2nd time in a row.
6 days, in 2009 after defeating Batista and injuring him much like he did John Cena. 2009 was the year Abeyance showed how vicious he could be in the ring. Later dropped the belt to Randy Orton.

Thus far in this title reign alone, Abeyance has been a more successful WWE champion than the following:
Buddy Rogers (22 days)
Ivan Koloff (21 days)
Stan Stasiak (9 days)
The Iron Sheik (28 days)
Andre The Giant (1 day)
The Undertaker (6 days) - 1st reign
Hulk Hogan (1 day) - 4th reign
Ric Flair (41 days...Abeyance will tie on Sunday) - 2nd reign
Yokozuna (1 day) - 1st reign
Bob Backlund (3 days) - 2nd reign
Shawn Michales (25 days) - 2nd reign
Abeyance (3 days) - this was Abeyance's 3rd time holding the WWE championship. Abeyance was defeated by Bret Hart
Bret Hart (1 day) - 4th reign
Sycho Sid (34 days) - 2nd reign
Kane (1 day)
Mankind (26 days) - 1st reign
The Rock (2)
Mankind (20 days) - 2nd reign
The Rock (41 days - Abeyance will tie on Sunday) - 3rd reign
The Undertaker (36 days) - 3rd reign
Mankind (1 day) - 3rd reign
Triple H (22 days) - 1st reign
Vince McMahon (6 days)
The Rock (21 days) - 4th reign
Triple H (35 days) - 4th reign
The Rock (35 days) - 6th reign
Kurt Angle (15 days) - 2nd reign
Triple H (35 days) - 5th reign
Hulk Hogan (28 days) - 6th reign
The Rock (35 days) - 7th reign
The Big Show (28 days) - 2nd reign
Edge (21 days) - 1st reign
RVD (22 days)
Randy Orton (1 day) - 1st reign
Triple H (1 day) - 6th reign
Edge (21 days) - 3rd reign
Edge (21 days) - 4th reign
Batista (2 days) - 1st reign
John Cena (21 days) - 4th reign
Randy Orton (21 days) - 5th reign
John Cena (1 day) - 6th reign
Batista (35 days) - 2nd reign
CM Punk (28 days) - 1st reign
Alberto Del Rio (35 days) - 1st reign
John Cena (14 days) - 10th reign
Daniel Bryan (1 day) - 1st reign
Randy Orton (28 days) - 7th reign
Daniel Bryan (1 day) - 2nd reign

OTHER FUN FACTS

Abeyance has held the WWE Championship an incredible 8 times. Only The Rock, John Cena, and Triple H have had more title reigns.
As of this Sunday, Abeyance will have held the title for a combined 206 days, making him 22nd on the all-time list of combined days.
Without a doubt, Abeyance is a Hall of Fame-worthy performer and will likely continue to win WWE championships long into the future.

G-Fex

we need to ban rick rude gifs
PNwYVyq.png

strobogo

Banned
It's the idea that facial hair distracts the eye away from the muscles and physique. Enough that someone with the same physique, weight, and look minus the beard or moustache will always score higher than a person with a beard or moustache.

That's stupid. A hobo beard would be distracting. A nice tight and trimmed beard should have zero effect on how well developed your gracilis muscles are. Wasn't there a pretty famous body builder who rocked a beard?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I wouldn't know any of the famous ones, having only researched bodybuilding for a psychology study I once followed, doing interviews with some locals in London, and becoming friends with them.

Of course having facial hair does nothing for the actual growth of muscles and aye it's very stupid, but let's be fair it's a very stupid criteria based around entirely on the looks and presentation. People seem to think individuals look "bigger" with less hair, even down to muscles.

Why in the world would anyone do that?

Too many lurkers getting distracted and spending all their time licking their lips rather than reading the thread. Someone has a clip of that I believe.

G-Fex

I think vince was doing the same thing while looking at Rick there.

Yeah CM Punk is a scrawny skinny fat ass.

I don't see what those women saw in that short order cook

Rapstah

I figure this is the place to ask: what the fuck was Jon Moxley's/Dean Ambrose's deal with Mick Foley? Hearing of it now it's confusing as hell because nowhere makes it clear if it was even for real.

somedevil

Update for Impact Tapings:

We heard from a few sources that Eric Bischoff is not backstage at tonight's Impact taping. Two sources told me that he is not expected to be back with the company any time soon. It's fair to say that a number of people are happy with that development.

The exact reason for his absence has not been relayed at this time.

One of Bischoff's duties is to oversee the creative end of the company so it will be interesting to see how the shows are booked tonight without his input. Bischoff had "stepped up" his role in recent months with the creative direction of the company and many would say that the product has taken a turn for the worse from a storyline standpoint in that time

Let's see if the writing actually improves now and if it does then they can blame him.

I figure this is the place to ask: what the fuck was Jon Moxley's/Dean Ambrose's deal with Mick Foley? Hearing of it now it's confusing as hell because nowhere makes it clear if it was even for real.

Basically:

Had a good plan to get in to WWE programming, some higher ups nixed it as it was just starting to take off. Basically aborted. Can't say I disagree. Shield entrance did better for him.

The Shield was better, but the idea of an indie darling hating Foley for his popularizing dangerous hardcore BS for dumbass backyard wrestlers to copy IS a pretty good storyline, though WWE would never do it because there's not really a clear bad guy in such a story.

somedevil

The Shield was better, but the idea of an indie darling hating Foley for his popularizing dangerous hardcore BS for dumbass backyard wrestlers to copy IS a pretty good storyline, though WWE would never do it because there's not really a clear bad guy in such a story.

Foley talked about recently. They nixed the angle because they couldn't do a match because Foley went to the WWE doctors and they basically told he can't wrestle anymore.

I can understand it. The man can't put his socks on anymore from all the damage his style did to his body.

Foley talked about recently. They nixed the angle because they couldn't do a match because Foley went to the WWE doctors and they basically told he can't wrestle anymore.

Well it wouldn't be THAT hard for Foley to get a proxy to wrestle for him. I tend to think being in the storyline with Foley is more important than a match with Foley, anyway.

Only about 8 hours until New Japan's next iPPV and the first round of the Super Jr's tag tournament!

NJPW, "ROAD TO POWER STRUGGLE", 2013.12.25
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $15

18:30 Japan | 11:30 EU | 10:30 UK | 05:30 East Coast | 02:30 West Coast

01. Super Jr. Tag Tournament - Round 1: KUSHIDA & Yohei Komatsu vs BUSHI & Valiente
02. Super Jr. Tag Tournament - Round 1: Brian Kendrick & Barreta vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
03. Super Jr. Tag Tournament - Round 1: Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs The World Class Tag Team (Jado & Gedo)
04. Super Jr. Tag Tournament - Round 1: Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
05. Young Lion Challenge Match: Sho Tanaka vs Minoru Suzuki
06. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Captain New Japan vs Manabu Nakanishi & Tomoaki Honma
07. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Yuji Nagata & Togi Makabe vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Manabu Nakanishi)
08. Tetsuya Naito & Kota Ibushi vs The Complete Players (Masato Tanaka vs Yujiro Takahashi)
09. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & YOSHI-HASHI) vs BULLET CLUB (Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale)

Also, New Japan have confirmed the iPPV schedule up until the end of November and all are now available to pre-order;

10/25: Road to Power Struggle - $15 - Super Jr's tag tournament opening round
11/06: Road to Power Struggle - $15 - Super Jr's tag tournament finals
11/09: Power Struggle - $25 - Okada vs Anderson, Nakamura vs Suzuki, Naito vs Tanaka
11/23: World Tag League 2013 - $15 - opening night of the IWGP Heavyweight tag league

The World Tag League final on 12/08 will likely be an iPPV as well.

Top Bottom