• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Octopath Traveler 2 removes Denuvo amid player concerns

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Octopatch Traveler is one of the most unique RPG game series to date with its whimsical pixel art and well-written cast of characters. The Octopath Traveler sequel was released earlier this year, taking fans of turn-based battle games by storm as it hit a perfect 10/10 rating on Steam. Despite its overwhelmingly positive reviews, some players have worried about the game’s integration of Denuvo, an anti-tamper and DRM system. Square Enix has now dropped the software from Octopath Traveler 2 on Steam.

th4tguy

It’s been out for a long time now on pc and I think it’s already been cracked. This is just a pr move to get a small boost in sales and possibly avoid further licensing costs.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Amid player concerns?

The subscription lapsed and thats that.
SE dont bother paying for years and years of Denuvo, 6 months to a year and the next update removes Denuvo simple as that.

It’s been out for a long time now on pc and I think it’s already been cracked. This is just a pr move to get a small boost in sales and possibly avoid further licensing costs.
Nope. It was never cracked.
SE doesnt pay for perpetual Denuvo.
Literally all their games since Denuvo became a subscription update Denuvo out after 6 months to a year.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's been out for six months, and wasn't cracked (at least, not before Denuvo was removed).

Amid player concerns?

The subscription lapsed and thats that.
SE dont bother paying for years and years of Denuvo, 6 months to a year and the next update removes Denuvo simple as that.
True. I just copied PCGamesN's headline, but I don't think many people were concerned about the performance since the game ran great from the get go.

Top Bottom