• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus' Palmer Luckey funds white-supremacist/misogynistic/anti-lgbt harassment group

No, but if you support Trump, you support white supremacy.

It doesn't matter if it's directly or indirectly, you still support it.

That's like saying if you support Clinton you support abortion. Again, not necessarily true. Both are false equivalences, especially in light of the fact that the majority of people supporting one candidate or the other are doing so because they aren't the other one.

chadskin

By that logic anyone who supports Trump is a white supremacist. I don't believe that to be true even if a not insignificant portion of his base is.

Cross-posting from Off-Topic:
dude has been a lowkey shitstain for a while. this is his girlfriend:

https://twitter.com/nikkimoxxi

7cRS8MB.png

3V8c4Sj.png

kOH289z.png

QItN8LL.png

I was just waiting for someone to bring this up. Guess it means Facebook is also in cahoots, huh?

SMH

In cahoots? No, but they obviously failed to vet the guy and now it's a really, really bad look to be associated with this piece of shit. Facebook needs to end their relationship with him and I'd be surprised if MS and other companies will be happy about partnerships with this brand that will be tainted now.

Fat4all

Banned
That's like saying if you support Clinton you support abortion. Again, not necessarily true. Both are false equivalences, especially in light of the fact that the majority of people supporting one candidate or the other are doing so because they aren't the other one.

I support a womans right to choose, yes.

Cartman86

Banned
By that logic anyone who supports Trump is a white supremacist. I don't believe that to be true even if a not insignificant portion of his base is.

People who support a fucking presidential candidate who you can't avoid on what might as well be every channel of every day and can somehow avoid being a white supremacist based on the stated goals of the campaign let alone AND avoid the views of the people running it, are either morons who allow white supremacy or outright supporters of it. I see no practical difference between the two and believe the number of legit morons to be quite low. History tells us this has happened before. Not a surprise that otherwise normal people would hold odious views.

EDIT: This is not to say that voting for someone means you agree with literally everything. There will mostly certainly be things that Clinton does that I won't support. It happened with Obama and it will happen with every leader. Any sane person should be able to recognize the preponderance of shittyness that is someone like Trump though. This isn't one minor issue. It's not even one issue. I could go on and on about owning up to anything Obama has done wrong, but ultimately it isn't necessary. You know what Trump is. Everyone knows what Trump is. We are living in a cartoon world right now.

Sai-kun

Banned

i mean, if you're supporting hillary clinton, you're supporting that she thinks women have a right to an abortion. i don't think any of us would disagree with that.

a racist person who's voting for donald trump because of his racist, xenophobic, misogynist remarks and tendencies has the same voting power as someone who's voting for him because they like his hair. ultimately, they're supporting a racist, xenophobic, misogynist piece of walking garbage.

Neiteio

I absolutely detest Trump. That being said, I don't think all of his supporters are racists.

Maybe like 75% of them.

The other 25% are probably sexist, uneducated, neurotically fearful, and/or some combination of the above.

i mean, if you're supporting hillary clinton, you're supporting that she thinks women have a right to an abortion. i don't think any of us would disagree with that.

a racist person who's voting for donald trump because of his racist, xenophobic, misogynist remarks and tendencies has the same voting power as someone who's voting for him because they like his hair. ultimately, they're supporting a racist, xenophobic, misogynist piece of walking garbage.

Did you simply not read the last part of that post where it clearly states the majority of people are supporting a candidate for who they aren't, rather than for what they support?

Cake Boss

Banned

This is the worst comparison ever made.

Tagyhag

Well yes, as a woman I feel like I have the right to choose what to do with my body and that's nobody else's. Especially when they won't give one shit about my baby once it's actually out of me.

But I digress, If you support a candidate, even if you don't agree with some of their policies, you're still supporting those policies.

Zomba13

This is unexpected. Granted, the most I've seen or heard from him has been the interviews relating to the Rift, from stuff like Giant Bomb and Time, but wow. He seemed like a nice, reasonable person. Didn't expect this at all. Maybe I might've thought he was a bit of a twat if I paid attention to his social media stuff?

LordCanti

I'm very disappointed in him right now if this article is accurate. I don't know how Facebook could possibly keep him as the face of Oculus after this and I'm hopeful that they'll make the right decision as far as that is concerned. My purchase of the Oculus Touch (and any games that support it) is now completely dependent on him not being with the company anymore by the time it launches.

Donald Trump wants to ban Muslims and Mexicans from entering the country and deport those that live there. He's been endorsed by the former leader of the Ku-Klux-Klan and his campaign head is a literal white supremacist. This doesn't even compare to being pro-choice you idiot.

Well yes, as a woman I feel like I have the right to choose what to do with my body and that's nobody else's. Especially when they won't give one shit about my baby once it's actually out of me.

But I digress, If you support a candidate, even if you don't agree with some of their policies, you're still supporting those policies.

This sentence is self-contradictory. If you don't agree with something, that's the very definition of not supporting it.

Donald Trump wants to ban Muslims and Mexicans from entering the country and deport those that live there. He's been endorsed by the former leader of the Ku-Klux-Klan and his campaign head is a literal white supremacist. This doesn't even compare to being pro-choice you idiot.
Thanks for the unwarranted ad-hominem, especially when you and others continuously miss the point? It's not about abortion vs. white supremacy, it's about whether people who support a candidate necessarily align with all of their views.

- J - D -

This sentence is self-contradictory. If you don't agree with something, that's the very definition of not supporting it.

A vote is support. Don't be dense. This isn't like a buffet where you can pick and choose what you get when you decide to enter the building.

sflufan

Banned
Man, some of you need to do a bit of fact checking before you go on some jihad against the OR.

Palmer Luckey is not employed by Facebook.

Atomski

Man I always believed people like this would faze out with old generations..

The fact we have a whole new generation of young people like this is making me hella depressed.

joe2187

Banned

Say: I dont support baby murder.

Vote: Candidate supports baby murder, possibly murdered babies.

Conclusion: I have just supported baby murder.

jaypah

Mad that I own a DK2 now. Like for real, fuck this dude. I ended up going with a Vive because it had a full roomscale solution but I'll never even consider an Oculus product now. What a waste but boy am I glad that he decided to wear his asshole on his sleeve.

Neiteio

Remember on The Simpsons how the doctor explains to Mr. Burns that he has every illness known to mankind, but none of them are killing him because they're all jammed together at the door to his body?

tumblr_n055oh2uqq1s5tlmxo1_500.gif

I feel that way when trying to describe to people everything wrong with Donald Trump. It's like he's said and done so much stupid shit — so many vile, utterly despicable things — that I don't even know where to begin.

All of his words and deeds jam at the door to my head, and I'm left speechless. I honestly think it's part of his strategy. He'll win the first debate because Hillary will try to argue with facts and she's simply not prepared for the circus that is Donald.

Paz

If I say "WHITE POWER" and you give me $10,000, then you cannot then say "I don't support white power" regardless of what you claim your personal views are.

Support is support, be it money/votes/other.

Sibylus

Banned
Supporting Donald is a fool's errand, but the claim of supporting white supremacy?

show+me+the+receipts.gif

In b4 tag quote.

He surrounds himself with white supremacists, espouses the goals of white supremacy, and his (few) policies espouse the goals of white supremacy.

He's a white supremacist. He doesn't have to say it out loud for that to be true. Use head.

It's exactly like that.

Hillary Clinton supports a woman's right to choose. Supporting her means you support access to abortions.

Donald Trump supports xenophobic, racist policies & positions. Supporting him means you support xenophobic, racist policies & positions.

I mean, wtf do you think supporting / voting for a candidate means?

Exactly, the outcome is the same regardless of intentions or reasons. This whole dispelling of responsibility is getting pretty old because only crimes focus heavily on intentions.

Tagyhag

Right, but you're indirectly supporting it.

Like you could say "I support Trump, but I also support black equality". But if you give your vote to the guy, you're kinda going against that.

Sai-kun

Banned

Thanks for the unwarranted ad-hominem, especially when you and others continuously miss the point? It's not about abortion vs. white supremacy, it's about whether people who support a candidate necessarily align with all of their views.

a vote from a racist is the same as a vote from a non-racist. they're both worth the same when votes are counted. if we could say "well I support trump 1% and hillary 99%" then you might have a point. but votes are all or nothing.

AllenShrz

Are you for real?

*Hey guys, if you vote for someone, that doesn't really mean that you are supporting him/her*

On topic, if article is true, what a patetic man.

Im not touching an oculus, ever.

It's exactly like that.

Hillary Clinton supports a woman's right to choose. Supporting her means you support access to abortions.

Donald Trump supports xenophobic, racist policies & positions. Supporting him means you support xenophobic, racist policies & positions.

I mean, wtf do you think supporting / voting for a candidate means?

In this election, it probably means you hate the other person more.

More relevant to the topic, that post reads 100% as parody and there is no confirmable source on the article. I'm waiting this one out before passing judgement.

Except you're conflating being pro-choice, a valid stance that many politicians take to supporting abortion.Your comparison fails on every single level and yes, you're stupid for making that.

Donald Trump's entire platform is about prejudiced, bigotry and stupidity. There is no other reason to vote for him besides that.

Top Bottom