• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

Droxcy

This POS Oculus app on PC.. I can't install it I reformatted my computer and keep getting that Restart Computer box and a failed install. Tried everything so annoying how they can mess an install .exe up so bad. I've disabled, enabled & deleted the files over and over again and did just about everything pretty frustrating.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That would be awesome if the external cameras on Quest 2 weren't complete shit.

Yeah, the passthrough isn't really useful for anything except for temporarily seeing your surroundings so you can move around a bit or reach for something. Definitely not usable for any AR stuff.

Pistol Whip on sale today. If you don't have it you should seriously consider it.

Its an on rails shooting gallery. But its one of the best ones, with very cool stylized music and visuals. Highly recommended.

Reactions: GHG

Romulus

I've never played Green Hell. It's a full game we just all the physics/immersion benefits in VR?

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Seems like it's the full game, but they've put some effort into the physics and controls so it really feels like VR and not just a shit port like Hitman or Skyrim.

chixdiggit

Great VR discount bundle at Fanatical at the moment (3 games for $4.99, 5 for $7.99):

Thanks for this. Went for 7 for $9.99. Some I wanted to play but most I don't mind trying for the cheap price.
Battlewake
Cosmic Trip
Kittypocalypse
Paper Beast
Sprint Vector
Stargaze
The Morrigan

Reactions: GHG

Shakka43

I really need to start re-checking my steam library before I buy stuff 🤦‍♂️.

First one to ask in here gets a Key for The Walking Dead Onslaught.

chixdiggit

I have Owned an Oculus Quest since DK1 and have never got a coupon. Any fixes for this? My friend gets them at a ridiculous rate.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I just got the quest 2. Recommendations? I've gotten beat saber already of course.

Beyond what's already been mentioned, unless you absolutely HATE table tennis you need to get Eleven Table Tennis. Amazing physics, it's definitely the VR game I've played that feels the most like the real thing. There is no "approximation" of anything here like in most sports games, you are simply playing table tennis.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Quest 2 Valentine's Day sale ends in 2 days. I picked up 2MD VR Football and Drop Dead Dual Strike Edition.

Drop Dead Dual Strike is really fucking good. I like it better than Zombieland Headshot Fever from what I've played so far. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of light-gun/arcade shooters so they're both fun. I just like the gore modeling better in Drop Dead. It's cool being about to use "the force" to pick up guns and melee weapons, too. You can holster your gun, grab 2 axes, and chop their arms and legs off, throw the axes into the zombos then attract them again. Kind of like Blade and Sorcery Nomad, but not quite as extensive. If you're a fan of House of the Dead then pick this up before it goes off sale in a couple days.
---
I also bought some new controller grips for $19 from Amazon. The CNBEYOUNG Touch Controller Grip(whatever the fuck a CNBEYOUNG is). I really like them, especially because the band/strap that goes around the controller plastic halo thing isn't those little rubber nubs you have to thread through a little hole like my previous grips. The grips are rugged and comfortable. I'm not using the safety strap.

My only gripe is that the fit is a little tight. For now, I just removed the battery covers, but soon I'll probably take a blow dryer and heat the grips up and then stretch them with the controllers so it's looser.
ibtbTxg.jpg
sNNz0a4.jpg

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
I have the same grips in black from "Elygo". Much more comfy with grips.

There's a new VR Bundle. Steam/PC VR btw so (Air) Link or Virtual Desktop only ;)

Last edited:

Billbofet

I have the same grips in black from "Elygo". Much more comfy with grips.

There's a new VR Bundle. Steam/PC VR btw so (Air) Link or Virtual Desktop only ;)
Are these super demanding games for pc? I did the VR stress test for Alyx and my computer is just about good enough to run it, but it's not recommended. These games seem way less demanding.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Too much cool VR stuff lately (well, pretty much daily, just a particularly good day this one, sad most goes unreported).

Last edited:
Top Bottom