• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I was excited for the 120hz update and all, which is great for vr, but still no chance of playing 2d games at 120hz? Would be nice to try out......

Last edited:

RPS37

It looks like someone accepted my referral, but I haven’t gotten any credit.
Is there something else I need to do now?

Romulus

Just completely finished Star Wars:Tales of the Galaxy's edge DLC

Pretty much my thoughts below. Most parts are just really well done, and felt like older games of the past, but modernized in VR.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Zombieland: Headshot Fever is surprisingly fun. I like the way they did the movement so it's a like a mix of teleport and on-rails based on if you look at node in the game that advances you. It makes the game really lightweight and easy to play compared to some heavier free roam movement zombo shooters. If you're prone to motion sickness this game won't nuke you.

I got another Fanatical Quest 2 bundle with an additional 5% deal from the previous time I bought it. I put most the of the games on the Giveaways page, but I held back Accounting+, Ghost Giant, and the 60%-off coupon for Zero Caliber: Reloaded(makes it $10), which is a pretty badass game, too. If you want one of these just ask.

Last edited:

Billbofet

Zombieland: Headshot Fever is surprisingly fun. I like the way they did the movement so it's a like a mix of teleport and on-rails based on if you look at node in the game that advances you. It makes the game really lightweight and easy to play compared to some heavier free roam movement zombo shooters. If you're prone to motion sickness this game won't nuke you.

I got another Fanatical Quest 2 bundle with an additional 5% deal from the previous time I bought it. I put most the of the games on the Giveaways page, but I held back Accounting+, Ghost Giant, and the 60%-off coupon for Zero Caliber: Reloaded(makes it $10), which is a pretty badass game, too. If you want one of these just ask.

I also have Zombieland: Headshot Fever that I'm trying to give to a regular from here in this thread. Maybe if 5 people respond who have posted in this thread previously I'll do a quick random drawing. That way people from other sites with old accounts don't get them.
Agree on Zombieland. The gameplay and movement are great and I was shocked how much fun it is. Reminds me of Time Crisis in that it throws you in mini sceneries where you have to think and react quickly. Very arcade vs. hoard mode to me. Good stuff!!!

I also have Zombieland: Headshot Fever that I'm trying to give to a regular from here in this thread. Maybe if 5 people respond who have posted in this thread previously I'll do a quick random drawing. That way people from other sites with old accounts don't get them.
I guess you can put me in the drawing for Zombieland! No worries if you give it to someone else. Nice of you to offer.

I'll PM you the key. I just wanted to make sure it went to a forum/thread regular.
---
I still have:
-Accounting+
-Ghost Giant
-60%-off coupon for Zero Caliber: Reloaded(makes it $10)

First come, first serve. To redeem these I used the Oculus phone app(NOT PC). Menu->Settings->Account Settings->Redeem Store Code
I have Zero Calibur but I'll take Ghost Giant if its not claimed by anyone else. Not trying to hog it lol. Thanks man! Super nice.

Romulus

63zj3h57a3b81.png

The jump Quest 2 had was pretty impressive for a $300 unit.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'll PM you the key. I just wanted to make sure it went to a forum/thread regular.
---
I still have:
-Accounting+
-Ghost Giant
-60%-off coupon for Zero Caliber: Reloaded(makes it $10)

First come, first serve. To redeem these I used the Oculus phone app(NOT PC). Menu->Settings->Account Settings->Redeem Store Code
Is Accounting+ any good?

Shai-Tan

Banned

Nice, should try that. I got it on Viveport (PC) as part of annual subscription but never launched because people were trash talking it

Romulus

A friend of mine got married around the time RE4 came out and never got to play it. Went from a total gamer to a family man. His wife left him last year and he bought a Quest 2. He's replayed RE1, RE2. RE3 on his old Playstation, and now going in RE4 on the Quest 2 as a first-timer this weekend. Pretty awesome.

Tygeezy

A friend of mine got married around the time RE4 came out and never got to play it. Went from a total gamer to a family man. His wife left him last year and he bought a Quest 2. He's replayed RE1, RE2. RE3 on his old Playstation, and now going in RE4 on the Quest 2 as a first-timer this weekend. Pretty awesome.
Pretty awesome he gets to experience resident evil 4 in VR as a first go of the game. Not so awesome his wife left him.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
RE4 VR is really awesome. By far the best proper full-length game I've played in VR (haven't played Alyx). I loved the game on GameCube, but haven't played it since then, and experiencing it all again from a different perspective is cool as hell. Doing full immersive controls of course (and smooth locomotion), don't know why anyone would voluntarily make the game much less immersive by using the quick select wheel.

The one downside (except for it looking rather dated visually) is that it's WAY easier than the original because you have so much more freedom in how you can move around. You can disable strafing to make it more like the original, but I think that would feel too artificially limiting in VR. I did disable the laser sight though. With it enabled you just point and click, and everything becomes completely trivial. Without it you actually have to aim, which is a lot more fun.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
It was my son’s birthday so we had some family over for his party. We bought Gorn and Blade and Sorcery: Nomad, and they played for hours and had a blast. Streamed it to the TV so everybody could watch. Reminds me of the Wii days where the whole family would be gathered around having fun. We’re so far into the future that’s it’s casual to have standalone VR with inside out tracking and wireless casting.

Banned
It was my son’s birthday so we had some family over for his party. We bought Gorn and Blade and Sorcery: Nomad, and they played for hours and had a blast. Streamed it to the TV so everybody could watch. Reminds me of the Wii days where the whole family would be gathered around having fun. We’re so far into the future that’s it’s casual to have standalone VR with inside out tracking and wireless casting.
you must have had that thing constantly connected to the charger tho surely... because especially with casting the battery will not hold longer than 2 hours I imagine

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
you must have had that thing constantly connected to the charger tho surely... because especially with casting the battery will not hold longer than 2 hours I imagine
It was about an hour and a half on the first pass then charged back up to 30% while we ate cake then hooked up to a pocket battery with short cable for another 2hrs. Could have gone another 2hrs

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Casting to TV works like absolute shit for me, there's constant lag, freezing and disconnects. Not sure why.

Rivet

I'm having a blast every night playing Mini-golf courses in co-op with a friend on Quest 2. That game is so fun.

Any good recommendation for other great co-op games? We already played and liked Demeo.

Last edited:
Casting to TV works like absolute shit for me, there's constant lag, freezing and disconnects. Not sure why.
I tried it and it was unusable. But I had to cast to my phone, then cast to the TV off that.

I've cast to the Oculus app and then just had my girlfriend watch from my phone though and that worked.

I'm having a blast every night playing Mini-golf courses in co-op with a friend on Quest 2. That game is so fun.

Any good recommendation for other great co-op games? We already played and liked Demeo.
Haven't done any co-op yet, since I don't really know anyone else who has a Quest at the moment. But if you're talking about Walkabout Mini-Golf, it's the best golf game I've ever played. Great courses, and the ball physics are as close to real as I've ever seen.

Rivet

Haven't done any co-op yet, since I don't really know anyone else who has a Quest at the moment. But if you're talking about Walkabout Mini-Golf, it's the best golf game I've ever played. Great courses, and the ball physics are as close to real as I've ever seen.

Yes, I was talking about Walkabout Mini-Golf. It's so close to the real thing... :)

Last edited:
Yes, I was talking about Walkabout Mini-Golf. It's so close to the real thing... :)
When I had my girlfriend try the headset out, that's the game I picked to show her first. No motion sickness. You don't really need to walk around unless you want to. It's just flawless.

They didn't do themselves any favors with their name and logo. Makes it look like a cheap mobile game, but it's actually insanely good.

Meave

Neo Member

Final Space VR is coming out today, not sure how good it’s going to be but supports co-op.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Casting to the Oculus App and then screen mirroring gives mixed results. You can also use a laptop with HDMI or Chromecast. Chromecast will give you a fullscreen image and really smooth streaming from your Quest 2 instead wi-fi daisy-chaining and screen-mirroring with a phone.

This is what I have.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Casting to the Oculus App and then screen mirroring gives mixed results. You can also use a laptop with HDMI or Chromecast. Chromecast will give you a fullscreen image and really smooth streaming from your Quest 2 instead wi-fi daisy-chaining and screen-mirroring with a phone.

This is what I have.

I don't really get what you're saying, but my TV has Chromecast built in and it's pretty much unusable with the Quest. Casting stuff from my phone to the TV works just fine.

Casting from the Quest to the Oculus app on my phone works better, but it frequently stutters and freezes. That could just be because my phone is old though, don't know.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I don't really get what you're saying, but my TV has Chromecast built in and it's pretty much unusable with the Quest. Casting stuff from my phone to the TV works just fine.

Casting from the Quest to the Oculus app on my phone works better, but it frequently stutters and freezes. That could just be because my phone is old though, don't know.
All 3 ways work for me, but Chromecast is best. The worst method is sending it to the phone then mirroring the phone to the TV.

Fret Runner

First experience with VRchat:

Joined a random world, it was just a bunch of people sat around taking bong hits with there mics on.

Stood there in my JoJo avatar like
3e10c3e3747ec43693a7113c852f9e3f.gif

Trying to leave before they noticed me and call me a nark.

2nd world:
Took two steps and then heard someone doing earlicking ASMR and someone else talking about how they are a "submissive bratty type". turnt around and saw a Kermit the frog wth the lower half of a chick wearing fishnets. Then I quit and went back to playing Super Hot.

When I had my girlfriend try the headset out, that's the game I picked to show her first. No motion sickness. You don't really need to walk around unless you want to. It's just flawless.

They didn't do themselves any favors with their name and logo. Makes it look like a cheap mobile game, but it's actually insanely good.
Have you tried Golf+? How does it compare if so?

Antwix

Have you tried Golf+? How does it compare if so?
I have both. I love both. Like in real life though, mini golf is more fun for a casual player. I've been golfing pretty much all my life so both games are really fun for me. Golf+ has a topgolf replica driving range (there's a nearby tv screen which allows you to watch/listen to youtube which is a cool touch), a putting challenge thing (i havent played this yet; my buddy said it was fun), bags/cornhole minigame, as well as full 18 hole courses. I usually play by myself but sometimes when we are all free, one or two of my friends join for a full round. One of my friends just picked up golfing this past year so he's quite bad still and it shows in the game lol. So it can be frustrating if you don't have a decent golf swing. HOWEVER, I feel it can actually be decent practice that translates into real life. One thing I did notice is that the greens are faster in Golf+ than they are in walkabout minigolf.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Casting to a laptop through the oculus web portal works pretty good, but nothing I've tried so far works as well as Chromecast and it's only like $29. Smooth feed with good image quality. I like that it produces stretched fullscreen output.

Some Beat Saber...

Zombieland...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This is pretty interesting if it can work decently:

Sure, it sounds just like the motion interpolation we all love to hate, but maybe this implementation is clever enough to not feel terrible.

Top Bottom