• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Nexus for Quest Launches Today

MarkMe2525

There isn't much talk around VR gaming here, so I wanted to give PSA for those who have missed this. I am downloading it now. Reviews are positive, and unlike many standalone VR games, this is a real deal fully featured single player game with about 20-28 hours of content (I have not confirmed this myself).

You can use my referral to get 25% off ($10 off). *Disclaimer: Meta gives me $5 for each referral use, so there is some self serving motivation here.

Here is a graphical comparison between Quest 2 and Quest 3.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Definitely picking this up. I have other expenses like the family's Christmas presents I want to knock out during Black Friday, but hoping to get a Quest 3 soon. I have Quest 2, but I'd like to play the upcoming big games on the new headset. Looking forward to this, Asgard's Wrath 2, and Arizona Sunshine 2.

titty?
bae titty gun GIF

MarkMe2525

Definitely picking this up. I have other expenses like the family's Christmas presents I want to knock out during Black Friday, but hoping to get a Quest 3 soon. I have Quest 2, but I'd like to play the upcoming big games on the new headset. Looking forward to this, Asgard's Wrath 2, and Arizona Sunshine 2.
The floodgates are about to open up. Exciting times for Quest owners!!

MarkMe2525

I forgot to mention Lego Bricktales MR. This is going to be a very merry VR Christmas.

P.S.- I just used your referral code for the $10-off, so I got AC Nexus for $30. Thanks!
I forgot about the Lego game as well. I wish I had the spare cash to get another Quest 3 for my daughter. I imagine it's an awesome experience to play these mixed reality games together in the same room.

Also, glad I could save you some cash. Meta's referral system is one of the best moves they have made to get their community to champion their content.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Is this one Quest 3 exklusive? And are these small maps from different times and games or the whole maps as we already know them?

Last edited:

GHG

Thanks for the heads up.

Still playing through RE4 on my Quest 3 but this is next on my list (I also need to play the first Asgards wrath via PC which was a nice surprise that it came free with it).

MarkMe2525

Is this one Quest 3 exklusive? And are these small maps from different times and games or the whole maps as we already know them?
It's for Quest 2 & 3. It isn't open world, but more like open areas. I am not far in at all, I have kids to watch atm.

Ammogeddon

Just got to Cassandra’s first memory. Overall I’m really impressed with what they’ve managed here. There is some jankiness but it’s passable. The scout view is really cool (basically eagle vision) shame you can’t move around the map with it.

MarkMe2525

Thanks for the heads up.

Still playing through RE4 on my Quest 3 but this is next on my list (I also need to play the first Asgards wrath via PC which was a nice surprise that it came free with it).
I have been eyeballing RE4 since I got my Quest 3. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger with all these big releases around the corner.

Sleepwalker

Thanks for the heads up.

Hows the quest 3 and how does it compare to the quest 2? (,if you owned one)

Agh too many new toys to get this holiday season :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Reallink

You’re clueless. Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out.

I'm not really following how I'm "clueless" for pointing out the very obvious deficiencies of cellphone powered VR, or noting the Mount Everest sized regression from a 4 year old game. And no this is not some random or arbitrary comparison I'm making, this just so happens to be the largest budget ground up VR game with veteran talent behind it since Half Life Alyx. Just look at this shit:

Screenshot-9.png

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Just played through the opening tutorial segment with Ezio on the Quest 2. Happy to find I still have my VR legs. Typical of an AC game, the traversal and climbing are really good. I only fought the one dude, so I have to progress further to get an idea of how the combat compares to something like Blade and Sorcery. Looking forward to playing more. I really need to get a Quest 3.

P.S.- I already reached out and hit the ceiling fan while I was climbing. Glad it wasn't on. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Just played through the opening tutorial segment with Ezio on the Quest 2. Happy to find I still have my VR legs. Typical of an AC game, the traversal and climbing are really good. I only fought the one dude, so I have to progress further to get an idea of how the combat compares to something like Blade and Sorcery. Looking forward to playing more. I really need to get a Quest 3.

P.S.- I already reached out and hit the ceiling fan while I was climbing. Glad it wasn't on. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
How was the fighting experience with that one dude?

Was it tough? Slow? NPC reactivity?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
How was the fighting experience with that one dude?

Was it tough? Slow? NPC reactivity?
It involved blocking until the enemy had an opening and then you attacked. It didn't seem to matter where I hit it just counted as an attack. As opposed to something like Blade and Sorcery Nomad where you could knock the weapon out of their hand, grab them, then stick a rapier through their face and prop the tip of the blade on a bar on a gate and slide the corpse back and forth on the blade. I'd say it was passable/decent. Obviously I need to play a lot more to make a judgement on that. My early feeling is that the traversal through the world and surprise attacks are going to be the highlights of the game.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I had a quick 10 blast as I’m working today.
How anyone could complain about the visuals on the Quest 3 is beyond me. It looks gorgeous.
i can already tell it’s super polished. This is the new Quest benchmark.

Romulus

In development for 4 years, this game probably cost as much (or more) than HL Alyx to produce and looks like a Wii game by comparison. Stand alone VR is such a massive regression and steaming pile of dog shit.

Now all your other post make sense in the Quest thread. 😀

First off Alyx is super linear by comparison so that's disingenuous as it can be. None of vistas in Alyx are explorable. Just eye candy.

This has massive explorable vistas with npcs everywhere.

Secondly in the headset it looks shockingly good. As a pcvr gamer I've played everything. Considering the scale and clarity, if you told me this was running on my older 2070s, I'd believe it as a middling pcvr game visually.

That's an absolutely incredible achievement.

Last edited:

Beechos

Just here to port beg for a psvr 2 version lol, unless it's on the quest 2 too? I havent picked up quest 3 yet cause I got burned with this psvr 2 purchase.

Last edited:

Romulus

Just here to port beg for a psvr 2 version lol, unless it's on the quest 2 too? I havent picked up quest 3 yet cause I got burned with this psvr 2 purchase.

The Quest 2 port is available and great. You're losing resolution.

Fun fact, the game actually renders above the Quest 3's high-resolution lenses vis supersampling.

lol they had headroom to supersample.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Their onboarding is top notch. Tons of options for VR comfort, clever options to address users with acrophobia, and overall very complete form a user adjustment/settings perspective.

Looking forward to jumping into some hay bales this weekend.

GHG

Hows the quest 3 and how does it compare to the quest 2? (,if you owned one)

Agh too many new toys to get this holiday season :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Big improvement over the quest 2 as far as I'm concerned. The sweet spot is much larger so I can just throw the thing on my head and it's in focus most of the time, overall it's far more comfortable and the overall visual clarity is a big step forward. The colour pass through is excellent as well.

Very happy with it so far.

Resenge

Big improvement over the quest 2 as far as I'm concerned. The sweet spot is much larger so I can just throw the thing on my head and it's in focus most of the time, overall it's far more comfortable and the overall visual clarity is a big step forward. The colour pass through is excellent as well.

Very happy with it so far.
Agreed.

I did not think I would give a crap about the colour pass through or Mixed Reality in general but I find myself giving up the main TV so my Wife can play multiplayer games as I use the Mixed Reality screen in Virtual Desktop and place the screen next to my main TV. Its not perfect, but I can see everything around me enough to ignore it in my periphery as I play. It gives me a glimpe into the future of media consumption I think.

Reactions: GHG

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I am downloading the game now. Based on reviews it is a legit AAA VR game

Wow. Looks waaaayyyy cooler than I was expecting. That looks so bad ass and pretty much exactly what I expect from a VR Assassin's Creed game. Bravo, I was so ready to dismiss it. I'll definitively check it out if I get the opportunity. Is this Quest timed-exclusive?

Romulus

The worst review I've seen or heard is the IGN 7/10. It sounded like an 8/10, but he went on about load times like some huge point. Sort of nit picky considering the scale of this game running at 80fps + high resolution on MOBILE hardware.

Top Bottom