• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Impressive....
impressive-darth-vader.gif

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Just finished Vader Immortal Ep.1 and I really enjoyed it. They do cut it right when it's getting good, but it's understandable since that's a good session's worth of play. Also spent some time in dojo, which adds a lot of value. I think $5/episode is a worthy price to wield a lightsaber alongside Darth Vader. Pretty fucking cool. Planning on Ep. 2 tomorrow night.

Billbofet

I spent a good hour or so with SW Tales from Galaxy's Edge. Wow, the graphics are amazing - probably the best I have seen.
The navigation through the world is solid, and the gunplay is fantastic. My only minor gripe is it doesn't feel 100% Star Wars as far as the characters so far - I've only scratched the surface though.

There is a point where you get to a bar and look out the window and it's the Galaxy Edge setting like at Disney World. That part was verrrrrry cool along with this jet dart game you can play.
I think this is a no-brainer purchase as well given that it's $18 for all the content right now.

Romulus

I spent a good hour or so with SW Tales from Galaxy's Edge. Wow, the graphics are amazing - probably the best I have seen.
The navigation through the world is solid, and the gunplay is fantastic. My only minor gripe is it doesn't feel 100% Star Wars as far as the characters so far - I've only scratched the surface though.

There is a point where you get to a bar and look out the window and it's the Galaxy Edge setting like at Disney World. That part was verrrrrry cool along with this jet dart game you can play.
I think this is a no-brainer purchase as well given that it's $18 for all the content right now.

Yeah pretty amazing what they did with mobile hardware and it runs at a smooth framerate. If you told me it was pcvr just a few years ago, i would be sold on it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

Last edited:

Alexios

Jeez, so much VR news again today, like every day, had to make some of 'em as links, can only embed 10.
It looks like EA gave out F1 2022 to some streamers and some of them tried it in VR. It's cool stuff!

Last edited:

Alexios

Random stuff before any really cool stuff come up and get buried if dumped all together.

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Just finished Vader Immortal Ep.1 and I really enjoyed it. They do cut it right when it's getting good, but it's understandable since that's a good session's worth of play. Also spent some time in dojo, which adds a lot of value. I think $5/episode is a worthy price to wield a lightsaber alongside Darth Vader. Pretty fucking cool. Planning on Ep. 2 tomorrow night.
My shoulder hurt like hell after I spent 3 hours straight in that dojo.

Alexios

Seems like praydog will release the full REVIII & VII VR mod soon, folks are playing if you search yt.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Oh fuck, I had no idea Dr. Beef did a Q3 conversion. That looks great! Better have your VR legs before you drop into that.

*EDIT* Just gave it a try and it's fucking amazing.
*EDIT2* Just played Q3DM17 level with all the jump pads.
dm17duellg.jpg

This is one of the best VR experiences I've had. So fucking fun. VR makes it feel amazing to hit the launch pads, and your aim is disconnected from your look, so I was shooting people behind my back and no-look over the shoulder as they went by. If we could get UT99 that would be amazing.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Played a bunch of online deathmatch in Quake 3 Quest today. So fucking good. Just wish there were more players. Made a little video on The Longest Yard(q3dm17). Tried to record at 60fps, but it did the Quest 2 default of 24fps. Will still give you an decent idea of what it's like to fly around the level. The launch and jump pads are amazing in VR. You can really feel that shit. Rockets flying by are cool experience, too.

Last edited:

Billbofet

Played a bunch of online deathmatch in Quake 3 Quest today. So fucking good. Just wish there were more players. Made a little video on The Longest Yard(q3dm17). Tried to record at 60fps, but it did the Quest 2 default of 24fps. Will still give you an decent idea of what it's like to fly around the level. The launch and jump pads are amazing in VR. You can really feel that shit. Rockets flying by are cool experience, too.

I downloaded this off side quest just to try it out as it includes the demo. Man oh man is it fun!!!! I played the hell out of the Dreamcast version back in the day, so from the second I got loaded in to the map until I quit I had a HUGE grin on my face. Off to purchase on steam.
Hoping Unreal Tournament is on one of these super talented folks radars next!

Tygeezy

I downloaded this off side quest just to try it out as it includes the demo. Man oh man is it fun!!!! I played the hell out of the Dreamcast version back in the day, so from the second I got loaded in to the map until I quit I had a HUGE grin on my face. Off to purchase on steam.
Hoping Unreal Tournament is on one of these super talented folks radars next!
Unfortunately unreal tournament isn’t open source. Until it is that won’t happen unfortunately:(

Tygeezy

Yeah, I got on late Friday night and nobody was on the dedicated vr servers they had setup. I found a game with one other pc player on the master internet game list.

When I have some time I’m going to try and setup a dedicated server and see if I can get it added to the vr list.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Yeah, I got on late Friday night and nobody was on the dedicated vr servers they had setup. I found a game with one other pc player on the master internet game list.

When I have some time I’m going to try and setup a dedicated server and see if I can get it added to the vr list.
It's too bad it's not an applab game. I think SideQuest presents a bit of a barrier to the average user. It would be great if MS/Bethesda/whoever owns the game would pay Dr. Beef to do an official remake in VR.

Alexios

John Carmack said:
FYI, refurbished Quest 2 are available at a discount: Oculus Quest 2 Refurbished

Last edited:
Yuki is amaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzing! It's so addictive and replayable! As a kid this is basically how I imagined myself playing with toys. My only nitpick with it is some of the rougelite stuff is annoying like permadeath, it would've been fine if there was another mode with checkpoints added in say after each level, but having it as the main mode feels like they're forcing replays on the player, which is a shame because the game concepts are so great that I would've replayed it on my own without needing to be told to do so by the game. Besides that, it's an excellent game that feels so 3D in VR, and is not first person, so it's a great change of pace from most VR action games

Alexios

It's out!

Last edited:

Danknugz

i promised myself i would set up my valve index soon because i've had it since december 2020 and never unboxed it i'm a horrible person

Alexios

Last edited:

Tygeezy

Has anybody been able to successfully load a cloud save? I uninstalled a few games intending to go back to them because I was running low on space. According to the oculus cloud page most of my games were backed up.

I have tried redownloading Moss, the walking dead, and Star Wars: tales from the galaxies edge. Not a single one of them loaded my cloud save.

Wonko_C

My Quest 2 will arrive this monday alongside my RTX 3070 Ti. I still haven't purchased a link cable yet, nor a better head strap. I am also worried about damaging the lenses with my glasses. Is the glasses spacer included?

Also a friend who got his Quest 2 a couple months ago tried to connect to his PC to play Steam games but he said his games ran like in slow motion and there was unbearable delay in the motion controls. He gave up after that and now he's thinking about selling his Q2. Is SteamVR really that difficult/hassle to setup?

Alexios

Some nice Pico Neo 3 tuber impressions are popping up.

Last edited:

Alexios

Don't have internet until new (cheaper) provider activates, got a couple updates from my phone hotspot's limited data.

Top Bottom