• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift pre-orders to open on January 6 8am pacific time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think they'd keep the price that close to the chest when there's only two days left, is there any kind of live event happening on the 6th?

Well, I'm not committing my credit card information to something without knowing the price.

If there is no price I consider this more of putting yourself in line on a waiting list.

This does seem like a waiting list sort of thing, even if they are actually going to take credit info ect. I'm really interested in how much these vr devices are going to cost though. For me that's honestly the biggest factor in purchasing the first generation of them or not.

Interesting that they would announce you can preorder it before they announce any other details. It's most likely going to drop for $650+ in March or April.

Anth0ny

SHIT SON

give me a price give me a date

WAmkZ5Q.png

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
My credit card is ready.

Trickster

No price still? They must be fucking terrified of the reaction or something, only reason I can think of honestly.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Super fucking lame they're not announcing price beforehand.

Also wanted more info on both Oculus launch and what Vive has up its sleeves too.

War. War never changes.

I will pre-order immediately at $400 and below. I'll have to think about anything over $400 but I'll likely pre-order just in case so I can cancel if I change my mind.

Part of me is all I'LL FIGHT ALL OF YOU THE RIFT IS MINE, and part of me is worried it'll be a bajillion Canadian dollars. So I guess we'll see.

I'll still fight all of you

Soi-Fong

Yus!!! So excited! And this is coming from a guy who's been developing on the HTC Vive. lol

Hopefully, the prices isn't any more than $500.

Hoping for $400, but thinking probably $500. Palmer recently said they are good at keeping their promises and linked to an article where Brendan said the total package for Oculus is $1500 (which included the price estimate of a $1000 dollar VR ready PC)
Yep, I think it is a great idea to spend 400 on a piece of equipment when you don't meet the recommended requirement especially for a platform that ONLY works if you meet the requirements.

In my world "We’ll be sharing everything you need to know to order your Rift on Wednesday when pre-orders go live" means price and release date.

Finally! PSVR next please.

Alexlf

Almost want to take the day off to assure I get one... currently putting together a script to text me when the front page changes. I must get in on the preorders.

I was playing Elite Dangerous all New Years weekend in the Oculus DK2. I really can't wait to get the lighter, more comfortable version with built-in headphones and higher resolution.

Jimrpg

I think that's obvious at this point.

If the price point isn't revealed until the preorder goes live that points to be it being more expensive than what a lot of people are hoping for. They are relying on impulse buys instead of giving you the price early and having people rationally talk themselves out of it.

Yeah this is the first time ive seen a company release the mainline product information and pre-order at the same. Apple at least has a conference and then preorderes opens after a few days.

The first batch of rifts are going to sell out on the first day.

YuShtink

FIIIINALLYYYYY!

3 long years in the making. Don't even care what the price is at this point. I will be pressing pre-order Wednesday morning.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
No price still? They must be fucking terrified of the reaction or something, only reason I can think of honestly.

CES hasn't started yet. They said they would give people a head's up about when pre-orders will go live before they do it (which is what this is) but they weren't going to be announcing the price before CES.

Jimrpg

As long as the price holds, then I'll be happy.

I'll be mad if they sell it at $700 and then a month later sell it for $500 or less and screw over the early adopters.

They're going to try and make as much money off the early adopters as possible and I'm expecting the software on the rift store to be expensive too.

Bookoo

Yep, I think it is a great idea to spend 400 on a piece of equipment when you don't meet the recommended requirement especially for a platform that ONLY works if you meet the requirements.

What?...Not exactly sure what you are getting at. Some people already have a PC that meets the requirements.

Pre-ordering the shit out of this thing xD

It's a matter of completing a collection, now, after dk1 and 2 xD

Hopefully you can pre-order more than one set.

Faith

I will pre-order immediately at $1000 and below. I'll have to think about anything over $1000 but I'll likely pre-order just in case so I can cancel if I change my mind.

I mean, I really don't care about the price. I want this so badly! The DK2 changed my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom