• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ODDWORLD: NEW 'N' TASTY |OT| Save 99 Mudokons as The Stitch-Lipped One. Follow me!

RK128

Man, what a great OP :D!

I don't know if I'm getting this day one, but I will currently get it :). Love the world of Oddworld and really enjoyed playing Strangers Wrath, so it will be great to experence this PlayStation 1 Classic in amazing HD visuals and refined gameplay :D.

Its great to see really classics like this get the remake treatment; I'm sure some people missed out on this during the PS1 days (and PS3 days too; I don't know if the game did well as a PS Classic on PSN or not :l), so this is the perfect way to experence the first Oddworld game :).

oggob

This next week is going to be very very long... Heading into the Temples of Paramonia and Scrabania is going to be amazing!

Recommending that everyone play the game on Hard mode from the start, play the game as it was originally intended!

Haines

Banned
Bought on the first sale that comes. Loves the original but never beat it as I was too young to get a full grasp of the game.

comparison-shots-stemple.jpg

Love the look of the remake. Can't wait to play it next week

very awesome (and hilarious OT)

well done

New and Hasty trophy: get good ending and beat best developer time

i can sense this trophy will be a bitch to obtain

farmerboy

Missed this back in the day and am totally hell bent on rectifying that situation. Looking forward to getting this on ps4.

Really looking forward to this. Loved the original but it was very difficult, and I don't remember if I ever finished it. I know I got pretty far, though.

bumpkin

First game that I have ever done a digital pre-order for. No chance in hell I wasn't going to though. Love the series, glad it's back.

Funny story, I actually interviewed Lorne at E3 1999 (I think?) and got to mess around with an early build of Munch running on a PS2 debug unit. I was pretty crushed when they went MS exclusive, but I'll never forget how nice and cool he was.

Can't wait for this to come out on Wii U. I have always -- ALWAYS -- been so damn curious about this game. Remember flipping through GamePro walkthroughs, admiring the art, and just wondering what it played like. Now I'll get my chance to find out, hopefully :)

Great OT, OP!

ElTopo

Banned
Would really like a release date for PC...

Like that the controls have been improved. Some of those jumps in the original games were fucking brutal.

Liamario

Banned
OP, what about the 60fps? Should be added in "Video new"

Indeed.

For the love of god younger gamers. This game is an all time classic and now it'll look fantastic for 2014. Please try and buy it or at least play it. There's more to video games than FPSs.

Robot Pants

What? Both Scarab and Paramite are chantable? Is this a change from New 'n' Tasty?

No that's a mistake I made that was pointed out to me earlier. Fixing now. Sorry :/

OP, what about the 60fps? Should be added in "Video new"

Indeed.

For the love of god younger gamers. This game is an all time classic and now it'll look fantastic for 2014. Please try and buy it or at least play it. There's more to video games than FPSs.
On it.

Can't wait for this. Odysee and Exodus had such a surreal atmosphere to me back when I was a kid playing them. I love the dark tones covered with a great splash of hilarity.

Day 1. Hopefully they do exodus after if sales go well for this! Or a completely new one :D

Robot Pants

Did anyone else read the OT in Abe's voice?

I never made it more than a couple of hours into it originally. I'm looking forward to revisiting it this gen. It's a shame that there isn't a retail release

I'm curious if anyone is getting the reference to Jay-Z 99 Problems in regards to the OT title.

Waiting for this for a while now, can't wait to replay this in it's all new glory. Have not touched the originals in over 15 years, will be an interesting replay! I want Exodus aswell!

derdriu

It looks great! Can't wait for this.
I got it for chritsmas the year it was released along with the playstation but no memory card (santa didn't know) and kept the playstation on the whole time until I finished the game. So much fun. The sound of the sligs always freaked me out though.

FuKuy

Very excited about this game. The remake work is wonderful. I hope the STEAM version doesn't delay too much.

KeRaSh

Day one (preorder) here. Managed to 100% the original with a friend a few years back and it was just as good as it was back in the days. This game aged extremely well and 'Tasty will be even better.

Great OT.

This seems questionable. Thought that was this game until I read it's by the Zeno Clash people and got confused for a while. It seems they intended to go for a punny homage title, but what with Tasty being out in a week, that one is landing them in some murky water I think.

On the bright side, there's a new game by the Zeno Clash people!

Top Bottom