• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ODDWORLD: NEW 'N' TASTY |OT| Save 99 Mudokons as The Stitch-Lipped One. Follow me!

Mr-Joker

Banned
Loving the OT, it really capture the spirit of the game and reminds me of the game manual. Anyway I am going to have to wait a bit longer to play the game as I am getting the PS3/Vita and Wii U version.

reminder

Will buy it just because i loved the original, although i've never finished it as a kid iirc. Also i want to give Oddworld Inhabitants my money to show my support. I'm happy they're back.

I still have both games for the PS1 somewhere along with Heart of Darkness. Day 1 for me. I can't wait. It's been a long time coming. Congrats JAW.

Now get started on

CABB0018.jpg

Spineker

Banned
83mkiq.png

I'll claim this avy.

Already preordered this one. Really looking forward to it. Abe's Oddysee was the first ever PC game I played.

Boogdud

So happy this is coming out finally. This is the kind of thing that sounds great to 'wish for' on a forum, but to actually see it come to fruition is really something.

One of my favorite memories from the original playstation and now seeing it on current gen. Can't wait!

Andrew.

Banned
This will be an excellent time killer before TLOU:R. I never beat the original on PS1 so Im looking forward to revisiting and attempting to finally finish it. Such a fantastic game and universe. Love Lannings visions and JAW does it excellent justice.

Hard mode all the way!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
God that new control scheme is gonna fuck me over so hard. It's gonna take some real effort to not instictively press the buttons the original used.

Man I hope the $30.00 price tag doesnt hurt this game too much. Would love to see them keep remaking the old ones, or start making new ones.

Whelan

Banned
There's a great interview with Lorne Lanning in the Metro. Gives a good idea of what the plan is. Let's hope they sell enough copies to make more!

Link

When they showed this at e3 2013 it immediately became my most anticipated PS4 title. I thought it would have been out sooner, but now that it's right around the corner I can't wait.

Not yet, sorry. We want to ensure each version is the best it can be, as soon as we have a date we'll announce it, but we don't want to do that yet until we're sure we can get the best out of each system.

:)
Vita was gonna be my main platform for this. Crossbuy was the cherry on top cause I also wanted to TRY it on ps4. If the vita version comes out in the next 2 months or so, I don't mind spending the cash now to get the pre order bonuses.

BUT if it's gonna take 6 months or more to get the Vita version out, it'd be better off waiting and there might even be a sale or something in the meantime.

What should I do helmet?

Loved the original Odyssey (and Exoddus) on the PlayStation. Hell, even my mum used to pay Abe's Odyssey.. that's how good it was!

"Hello."

"Hello."​

"Follow me."

"OK."​

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Vita was gonna be my main platform for this. Crossbuy was the cherry on top cause I also wanted to TRY it on ps4. If the vita version comes out in the next 2 months or so, I don't mind spending the cash now to get the pre order bonuses.

BUT if it's gonna take 6 months or more to get the Vita version out, it'd be better off waiting and there might even be a sale or something in the meantime.

What should I do helmet?
I'm in the same boat but since it's cross buy I'm just gonna get the PS4 version now for the free DLC. Hopefully the Vita version isn't too far off. Hey there's always remote play.

Stuart444

Can't wait, if I could pre-order it on UKPSN I would right now. Sadly not but it's a day 1 buy for me.

Like as soon as the store updates... I'll be just waiting and watching until it happens.

Been waiting for this for so long.

LastNac

Wish I could go back in time and tell my 15 year old self not to worry about OddWorld's future. I bought Stranger's Wrath Day 1 and was devastated when they announced OWI was closing down shop a few months later. It felt like a childhood friend had moved away.

Years would transpire, yet things never felt quite the same. The great thing about this medium is that it allows Fiction to live, more so than books or movies. I had not read about OddWorld or passively seen it, I had explored it; Rupture Farms, the Damn in SW all felt alive to me. It was like the bridge to that world was gone and that bothered me for years.

But time has taught me to have hope. This is the first "new" OW game in 9 years with the oppertunity for an all new installment to follow based on success. Things end, but they also comeback.

In a world that has grown mundane, it's great to see the return of something Odd! ;)

Duster

It's great that they priced it at £17.99/ €20.99 to match the price of the American version, too many companies do $1= £1.

I'm really not happy with the way the "free" DLC is being handled though, needing a PS+ subscription is wrong.
To make matters worse it seems that PS3 and/or Vita owners without a PS4 still need to purchase the PS4 version within two weeks if they want the DLC, I know it's cross-buy but it's still not right having buy a game before it's even available for your preferred system.
I think the offer should be extended to the launch window of the PS3 and Vita versions.

http://www.oddworld.com/2014/07/new-n-tastys-uk-european-quikbuy-details/

What should I do helmet?

I can't really say as I'll get an ass kicking...

But we have already said that the DLC in the pre-order is coming to all platforms and there will be similar opportunities for the CrossBuy platforms.

It's great that they priced it at £17.99/ €20.99 to match the price of the American version, too many companies do $1= £1.

I'm really not happy with the way the "free" DLC is being handled though, needing a PS+ subscription is wrong.
To make matters worse it seems that PS3 and/or Vita owners without a PS4 still need to purchase the PS4 version within two weeks if they want the DLC, I know it's cross-buy but it's still not right having buy a game before it's even available for your preferred system.
I think the offer should be extended to the launch window of the PS3 and Vita versions.

http://www.oddworld.com/2014/07/new-n-tastys-uk-european-quikbuy-details/

Hmmmm Not really, the "DLC" will be available for all platforms when those platforms get released, and whilst we've not confirmed anything yet, I think it would be a safe bet to say we are looking at similar ops when that does happen.

N30RYU

Gold Member
Sadly we couldn't get pre-orders up and running in Europe. We did everything we could and ended up with the option to get the DLC for free if you're a Plus subscriber and you download it in the first two weeks - http://www.oddworld.com/2014/07/new-n-tastys-uk-european-quikbuy-details/
Thanks for answering.

That must mean that we'll have to wait till the store updates in the 23rd, or is any chance that will be available at 0am the 23rd like other games like inFAMOUS?

Can you tell us the size of the download?

Tizoc

Already pre-ordered but I want the PS3 and Vita versions out soon so me and mybrother can replay through th game XP.

I can't really say as I'll get an ass kicking...

But we have already said that the DLC in the pre-order is coming to all platforms and there will be similar opportunities for the CrossBuy platforms.

Thanks for answering at least. I want to support u guys so I may just go ahead and get it now. Like another poster said, there's always remote play.

Which btw, will remote play have it's own custom control scheme? Does it work well?

Duster

Hmmmm Not really, the "DLC" will be available for all platforms when those platforms get released, and whilst we've not confirmed anything yet, I think it would be a safe bet to say we are looking at similar ops when that does happen.

Oh OK, that sounds better, it really didn't sound like that in the link I posted.
Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks for answering.

That must mean that we'll have to wait till the store updates in the 23rd, or is any chance that will be available at 0am the 23rd like other games like inFAMOUS?

Can you tell us the size of the download?

I can't answer about the 0am thing...

But the PKG is 4.7GB in size :)

I still have both games for the PS1 somewhere along with Heart of Darkness. Day 1 for me. I can't wait. It's been a long time coming. Congrats JAW.

Now get started on

CABB0018.jpg

Who or what is this? Looks a bit like Stranger, only buffer and more dangerous.

Anyway, looking forward to this. I appreciate Stewart that you can't yet comment on when they Vita version will be out, but that's when I'll be buying this. I hope it's not too long a wait!

Thanks for answering at least. I want to support u guys so I may just go ahead and get it now. Like another poster said, there's always remote play.

Which btw, will remote play have it's own custom control scheme? Does it work well?

PS4 version for the Vita play too for me

Yes remote play is included.

We are using "Control Scheme D" which is L2 and R2 mapped mapped to the top corners of the screen, and the PS4 Touchpad is mapped to the centre of the touch screen.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yes remote play is included.

We are using "Control Scheme D" which is L2 and R2 mapped mapped to the top corners of the screen, and the PS4 Touchpad is mapped to the centre of the touch screen.

Wait are you saying that devs have to choose between preset control schemes for their games for remote play? They can't make their own custom control schemes? Because I would have expected remote play controls to be identical to what the actual Vita version is going to use, which I doubt is simply a couple functions being on the top corner of the screen.

And of course if it is just devs choosing between preset control schemes for remote play then I don't understand why Sony don't simply allow the player to choose between them themselves at system level.

Wait are you saying that devs have to choose between preset control schemes for their games for remote play? They can't make their own custom control schemes? Because I would have expected remote play controls to be identical to what the actual Vita version is going to use, which I doubt is simply a couple functions being on the top corner of the screen.

And of course if it is just devs choosing between preset control schemes for remote play then I don't understand why Sony don't simply allow the player to choose between them themselves at system level.

You can, but since we're powered by Unity, there is/was no option to allow us to separately define these if RemotePlay is active. There is now, but we locked down a while back.

Anyway, lots more info here.

http://www.oddworld.com/oddworldgames/new-n-tasty/

MDSLKTR

Preordering this today even if I have ps+ already. That, destiny and tlou in the same month... so much for dry summer period

Top Bottom