• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Enel

When I was younger I lived in fear that incarceration of some kind is near. I checked my head, in tact with rules: I nearly became a goddamn fool. But I've heard voices (not in the head) out in the air (they called ahead).

Through ripped out speakers, through thick and thin; they found a shelter under my skin. And so no longer live I in fear, them are too greedy to pay my asylum bills. This is my life and freedom's my profession; this is my mission throughout all flight duration.

There is a core and it's hardcore; all is hardcore when made with love. The love is a voice of a savage soul; this savage love is undestructable.

Wow...

So, long time no see. I probably won't remember a portion of you and vice versa so I ask sincerely not to take that personally (I've always been more used to the anonymous imageboard culture). I must say, being able to log in without "stumping for a racist, anti-Semitic homophobe" popping up is refreshing.

Though now that I have seen who did the ban, I have to step back and laugh at the fact that a power-mad Canadian apparently cared so much about what was happening in my own country to ban me for it. And regardless of how many times I've said it on Era, and regardless of the supposed "clean start", no one believes me when I say that I did not vote for the current U.S.A. President (not that it should matter anyways mind you, I just wanna play video games).

So what did I do? What can one do? Ignore trolls, and be helpful and share news and cool stuff in tech, vidya, etc. Problem is, to some that's not enough. The sad truth is that there are those out there that cannot comprehend that not everyone has an agenda to push, or hate or fear consuming them in everything they do. I find this trend, online and off, pitiable and sad.

I was banned for a month for being on-topic in a thread respectfully stating that I am doing well economically and have enough funds for a new wardrobe and shit and can afford HRT and, after being attacked for it, for telling someone who got a 20 percent raise due to Trump tax cuts that I am happy they are doing well as well, and that there is nothing wrong with that and that they aren't being rude or mean for saying that.

I was permed for allegedly making a thread in bad faith about Nintendo's official presence in Israel. Not a single person in that thread was warned or banned but me, all I did was post news and stay on topic whilst some people posted gross, dehumanizing generalizations such as "Israel isn't people.", something that usually doesn't fly on Era. Admins afterwards shut down a thread questioning the ban being vague, repeating it was made in bad faith when in fact I used the forums built-in reporting tools to report the anti-semitic content and suggest that a staff post be added to the OP to get the discussion back on track.

So yeah, politics. I can't be controlled and I refuse to side with a party, so to some I am to be feared. How sad. No one gets to tell me Anti-semitism isn't real, but truth be told, I'm kinda used to it. And it doesn't matter if you're a minority, or a minority in a minority, or a hated race, or a queer person to some that say they are accepting, all that matters is that you "fall in line" and I'll never do that; I'm no token and no victim and I think for myself.

What happens now? Honestly, I don't post much on traditional forums to begin with anyways, and as the years have gone, the number of online friendships has stayed fairly small, but strong, and I kinda want it to stay that way. I'm the same person I've always been, just someone who genuinely is genuine, who gives people the benefit of the doubt, and treats people with respect.

That being said, no one's an angel; put us under a big enough microscope and we're all disgusting swines. No agenda to push here other than being helpful and recognizing that a little bit of laughter is healthy; don't take things too seriously.

At the risk of sounding verbose, but to avoid confusion and ambiguity, thank you EviLore for setting a wrong right. Also, thank you for not apologizing; that might sound weird to some, but to me it shows that everything now truly is water under the bridge, and I sincerely respect that. We can all move on.

You may see me from time to time, but even if I won't post much, I'm always happy to help. To truly clean the slate, I have erased every PM in my box (or cleared notifications, I'm not too used to the new layout). I'm still very well-versed and enthusiastic about video/scalers, controllers, and all thing iOS, so never be afraid to contact me. I'm always happy to help when I can; I like helping people.

Cheers y'all, and much love.

If only more people would have the same attitude as you dude. Welcome back :)

Actually you’re one of the few names I remember posting back then when I lurked GAF.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Enzom (pre-ousting)
Has Enzom really been banned oO? I mean, you did post pictures of a white looking hand, but there were often discussions about how black people need not necessarily look black on Era, so he probably wasn't banned for that?
I don't understand why besada was kept around for so long, even after those PMs were leaked. Like, was it not obvious he was basically sabotaging the site to fit his twisted worldview?
I would assume looking for leaked PMs on websites that center themselves around shitting on this site and the site owner in spiteful ways is probably not among the things EviLore EviLore enjoyed doing all the time. I assume it would also not have been possible for him to verify the correctness of such screenshots, if it is about PMs, because they are... well, private. Though I feel some mods - including besada - clearly overreached and abused their powers, and sometimes in ways that could have been reasonably captured by Evilore, him not spying on his staff on hatesites is not something to criticise him for. You have to consider that he likely trusted those persons on a personal level and if you put yourself into his shoes there, would you wan to go to hatesites to dig up potential mud about people you trust?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Has Enzom really been banned oO? I mean, you did post pictures of a white looking hand, but there were often discussions about how black people need not necessarily look black on Era, so he probably wasn't banned for that?
I would assume looking for leaked PMs on websites that center themselves around shitting on this site and the site owner in spiteful ways is probably not among the things EviLore EviLore enjoyed doing all the time. I assume it would also not have been possible for him to verify the correctness of such screenshots, if it is about PMs, because they are... well, private. Though I feel some mods - including besada - clearly overreached and abused their powers, and sometimes in ways that could have been reasonably captured by Evilore, him not spying on his staff on hatesites is not something to criticise him for. You have to consider that he likely trusted those persons on a personal level and if you put yourself into his shoes there, would you wan to go to hatesites to dig up potential mud about people you trust?

Pretty much. I don't visit those sites, and I specifically asked the ex-mods not to discuss the goings on at voat and neofag and the like unless it had a clear relevance to site security or staff privacy, since some of them would follow things there 24/7 and freak out about every mention of one of them in our staff channel, distressing themselves and other people needlessly. It wasn't a healthy situation, but fortunately no such policy is necessary anymore and our current mods can handle themselves just fine.

And yes, I trusted my team. I was hands-on daily with guidance and instructions for them, but some of them were not honest with what they were presenting to me and clearly had their own separate agendas, like besada and Bishop in particular. What besada mentioned in that PM exchange about the troublesome pushback against some of his bans would've been me.

End of an ERA.

Huelen10 (a.k.a Redhead on Moped) is permed.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...inging-an-official-presence-to-israel.109184/
tNb25l1.png

Interesting to note, Huelen is self confirmed to be non-Binary, making her(him?) the second banned Transgender user.

gKFjccp.png

The thread they banned him/her in was ironically about Israel. Once again, confirming my oppression olympics theory.

9oGweri.png

I made an account on NeoGaf because of this post (Until then I had been lurking here for several months). There's nothing inflammatory about this. No condescending attitude, snarky comments etc. Just reporting of news.

I was given a temporary many months ago for something just as innocent and since then I have not made a single post on ResetEra. I don't want to get involved with a community that can so easily turn against me just because of a falsely held, some people go out of their way to make elaborate OTs, help users with their troubles, give away codes etc but that amounts for nothing when site runners decide to make an assumption about your motives without giving you an option to even explain your meaning.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I assume it would also not have been possible for him to verify the correctness of such screenshots, if it is about PMs, because they are... well, private.

In most forum software PMs are stored in plain-text so you can read them pretty easily if you have database access.

Yoshi

In most forum software PMs are stored in plain-text so you can read them pretty easily if you have database access.
It would be a pretty significant breach of trust though. I know that if I was owner of the forum I would not do that if not required to by authorities.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
It would be a pretty significant breach of trust though. I know that if I was owner of the forum I would not do that if not required to by authorities.

Of course, just pointing out the technical possibilties. Because I know about that I tend to treat PMs as if they can be read by the site owners, on any forum.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
He is not banned. With pre-ousting i am referring to the fact that it has been shown that Enzom is hardly as black as he portrays himself to be. The fact that ever since he has gone silent is also an indicator.

Yoshi

This sounds like a GDPR breach to me.
Yes, in the EU it would probably be illegal, but Evilore is a US citizen so he could in principle have done this without legal consequences (at least from GDPR). It would still have been morally wrong and not a good way to treat your personell or volunteers (I do not know the arrangements in that regard).

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, in the EU it would probably be illegal, but Evilore is a US citizen so he could in principle have done this without legal consequences (at least from GDPR). It would still have been morally wrong and not a good way to treat your personell or volunteers (I do not know the arrangements in that regard).

If I recall correctly, GDPR relates to data held about any EU citizen, regardless of where it's held, and regardless of the nationality of those handling it.

Yoshi

If I recall correctly, GDPR relates to data held about any EU citizen, regardless of where it's held, and regardless of the nationality of those handling it.
OK, but the mods in question weren't EU citizens either as far as I know.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Oh c'mon. This is not as bad as the other dude asking Era if he should divorce his wife because his think she is homophobic before even talking to her about this subject. But still bad enough.

All of us know that this guy is lying his posterior off, for two reasons.

1.Bitcheterans don't have wives.

2.Bitcheterans don't have women, in the biological sense of the term anyhow.

Barnabot

All of us know that this guy is lying his posterior off, for two reasons.

1.Bitcheterans don't have wives.

2.Bitcheterans don't have women, in the biological sense of the term anyhow.

I kinda believed that guy. He sounded very stupid enough to wanted to virtue signalling so much in that thread that he was willing to throw his own wife under the bus just to get some attention. I believe in human stupidity.

Also he could be in the process of indoctrination yet.

Grinchy

Banned
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ch...he-refuses-to-pay-investigation-costs.109686/

So the narrative has moved to racist CPD that is targeting Jussi because he is black.

Whenever I watch their PC's I see tons of blacks in the force, and this issue is because of Foxx who is Black LOL.

But ya Jussi's fake hate crime is all because of racism.
lol I like how many of them are pretending that his case getting dropped was the result of the cops not having anything on him or him "winning" the case. You have to have an extremely warped mind to believe that he was found not guilty in any capacity whatsoever.

cryptoadam

Banned
lol I like how many of them are pretending that his case getting dropped was the result of the cops not having anything on him or him "winning" the case. You have to have an extremely warped mind to believe that he was found not guilty in any capacity whatsoever.

Thats their narrative that the CPD somehow fucked this up, not that Foxx pulled a fast one and tried to make everything disapear.

But they are just following the playbook to make Jussi out to be a victim and hero. See he didn't fake any crime it was the racist CPD that framed Jussi.

prag16

Banned
Thats their narrative that the CPD somehow fucked this up, not that Foxx pulled a fast one and tried to make everything disapear.

But they are just following the playbook to make Jussi out to be a victim and hero. See he didn't fake any crime it was the racist CPD that framed Jussi.
Yep racist black police chief and racist Mayor Rahm Emanuel. Yep. It all checks out.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Last edited:

But there was an actual thread posted on Gaf with the PMs not long after it happened, not a hate site. I believe Evilore even commented in that thread about besada needing to "do better" or something before locking it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
But there was an actual thread posted on Gaf with the PMs not long after it happened, not a hate site. I believe Evilore even commented in that thread about besada needing to "do better" or something before locking it.

I don't recall, but it's possible. My priorities were clearly off at the time, either way, putting the mod team over the community as a whole in some instances. That's one of the main things I've attempted to address in the time since the drama. The current mod team and I are on the same page as well, that the community comes first, and everyone welcomed all the transparency measures we've taken. I'll never tolerate that elitist clique crap again or the underhanded measures people like besada and Bish took in the name of their own self-righteous ideologies.

Plenty became clear with the Ban Justice project, and I let go of my ego and "internet sensibilities"; the impulse for self-defense and shit-talking had been deeply conditioned over the years, but was getting in the way of listening to legitimate criticism or realizing that a lot of the problems were internal and stemming from bad eggs on the team or lack of sufficient oversight and accountability checks on my part.

NickFire

I don't recall, but it's possible. My priorities were clearly off at the time, either way, putting the mod team over the community as a whole in some instances. That's one of the main things I've attempted to address in the time since the drama. The current mod team and I are on the same page as well, that the community comes first, and everyone welcomed all the transparency measures we've taken. I'll never tolerate that elitist clique crap again or the underhanded measures people like besada and Bish took in the name of their own self-righteous ideologies.

Plenty became clear with the Ban Justice project, and I let go of my ego and "internet sensibilities"; the impulse for self-defense and shit-talking had been deeply conditioned over the years, but was getting in the way of listening to legitimate criticism or realizing that a lot of the problems were internal and stemming from bad eggs on the team or lack of sufficient oversight and accountability checks on my part.
You are far from the only person / business who has made a mistake along similar lines. Unlike some entities and politicians, it is refreshing that you actually apologized and made visible changes to correct the harm, instead of doubling down. Some of the companies and politicians discussed frequently on this site could learn a thing or two when they miss sale targets or lose an election.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Yeah. besada.
ahhh good ol besada.. high lord of internet virtue and protector of the messageboard oppressed
i never understood what i did to him .. never approached me..
always thought a messageboard was a place to exchange ideas and learn from one another while managing to share a laugh
hopefully he’s let go of the hatred in his blessed little heart

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, this idiots with the..

"Alt-Right now using clowns!!"

And they are lost, pointing fingers at the Joker..

'Clown World' has been a thing going back to Million Dollar Extreme.

Everytime some eye-rolling shit happens, we are in 'clown world'

How put of touch are these fuckers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom