• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buizel

Banned
Breh just link TMZ next time we already have a thread for shittin on era lol

This fuckin sucks by the way. He is a cool dude.

Sorry its just the tone of the title/post kinda only works if it links to RONGOBONGO's sick thread

oh yeh, ive got an outlet for shitting on era, its called google chrome

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I pointed this out in the other thread too but this isn't VIP treatment, they actually do remove your account if you request it. Mine was terminated a couple weeks after I requested it. Unless I'm missing some examples of them refusing to do it?
Yeah its not VIP treatment. The team will remove anyone's account if requested. You just have to directly contact one of the Mod Captains and make a formal request.

Last edited:

Fake

Yeah its not VIP treatment. The team will remove anyone's account if requested. You just have to directly contact one of the Mod Captains and make a formal request.
I requested a permaban, nickname remove, avatar remove and all info like my email/twitter acc from my profile to be deleted.
As you can see, I get perma, but all my information including my old avatar and nick is still there.
funfact: Thats why one of the 'The Verge' jornalist had blocked me on twitter. I don't follow him, never retweet, never answer him or even click on 'like' button, but somehow he block me. I guess is because my twitter account is still attached on my deleted profile.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

I requested a permaban, nickname remove, avatar remove and all info like my email/twitter acc from my profile to be deleted.
As you can see, I get perma, but all my information including my old avatar and nick is still there.
funfact: Thats why one of the 'The Verge' jornalist had blocked me on twitter. I don't follow him, never retweet, never answer him or even click on 'like' button, but somehow he block me. I guess is because my twitter account is still attached on my deleted profile.
That's not how it should work. Do you know specifically which Mod you were in contact with?

Caffeine

just ask jawmuncher on twitter to do it. jawmuncher is a nice mod.

Barnabot

Dude, just try clicking in the Contact Us link

AvNJwC9.png

identify yourself as your Era username and email related to your account and ask them to delete your account and everything related to that account according to their Terms and Rules.

EDIT:

It's located in the lower part of the main page
lnakmRy.png

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Nope not me. No way would I chance chasing someone down over something as trivial as my phone. I have no way of knowing whether or not the person is armed or if he has accomplices nearby and I am not gonna potentially throw my life away for $300.
We get it you're a pussy. Some of us aren't.
You don't hug and shake the hand of the thief who tried to steal your property.
Honk Honk

TrainedRage

Banned
Im a pussy because I don't want to be shot or stabbed?

lol okay
You think every kid that does 'something bad' is going to straight up stab or shoot someone when confronted? You live entirely too much online.
Its called fight or flight we know you use your little wings. Some people don't.
If some little shit took my stuff you better believe im not just gonna go, "oh no, oh well they may have a gun, I will just keep walking to whole foods."

Fake

Dude, just try clicking in the Contact Us link

AvNJwC9.png

identify yourself as your Era username and email related to your account and ask them to delete your account and everything related to that account according to their Terms and Rules.

EDIT:

It's located in the lower part of the main page
lnakmRy.png
Already did that... Are you not listening?

Fake

You didn't say that you previously tried doing that by clicking on Contact Us link before. That's how I got mine deleted and it should work the same way for you.

Both 'contact us' and even shinobi/ZhugeEx twitter profile. Maybe they know I create a account here, but I make all those options.
How do you think my perma was accept?
I asked all in the same time I contact the staff.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

You think every kid that does 'something bad' is going to straight up stab or shoot someone when confronted? You live entirely too much online.
Its called fight or flight we know you use your little wings. Some people don't.
If some little shit took my stuff you better believe im not just gonna go, "oh no, oh well they may have a gun, I will just keep walking to whole foods."
Whatever you say Rambo.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I've had a knife waved in my face, so this is pretty shit advice.

No possession is worth risking your life.

Barnabot

Both 'contact us' and even shinobi/ZhugeEx twitter profile. Maybe they know I create a account here, but I make all those options.

How do you think my perma was accept?
I asked all in the same time I contact the staff.

I never used the "permaban" word when I requested an account deletion there. That's why we may have got different mileage from the same subject.

Last edited:

Fake

I never used the "permaban" word when I requested an account deletion there. That's why we may have got different mileage from the same subject.
I using just for talk to you silly... I get a one week ban from pointing the serebii guy is a toxic member as well those who complain of him.
From that I request a permanent ban, formally requested without using any vulgar or agressive word. Was two contacts: One from remove all while ban and the second was asking why my info was not deleted was I requested.
My next move was contact shinobi and ZhugeEX via private mensage, explaining the resetera staffing are ignoring my request of complete account clear.
Of course, both ignored as well.
Thats bring to the point: Why Phantom Thief request was so quick? They even remove his nickname from the site. I sense somethink very similar with that 'resetera pedo' case. Staff was so fast for cleaning and name changing I almost don't even notice.

Last edited:

Barnabot

I using just for talk to you silly... I get a one week ban from pointing the serebii guy is a toxic member as well those who complain of him.
From that I request a permanent ban, formally requested without using any vulgar or agressive word. Was two contacts: One from remove all while ban and the second was asking why my info was not deleted was I requested.
My next move was contact shinobi and ZhugeEX via private mensage, explaining the resetera staffing are ignoring my request of complete account clear.
Of course, both ignored as well.
Thats bring to the point: Why Phantom Thief request was so quick? They even remove his nickname from the site. I sense somethink very similar with that 'resetera pedo' case. Staff was so fast for cleaning and name changing I almost don't even notice.
What are you talking about? You can still see his username in his posts if they were quoted.

E6kvKht.png

That loser will never be able to swept under the rug all the bullshit he said in that forum.

Last edited:

Fake

What are you talking about? You can still see his username in his posts if they were quoted.

E6kvKht.png

That loser will never be able to swept under the rug all the bullshit he said in that forum.
The site can't remove his nickname from quote mind you (site limits), but I've talking about his account nickname on his profile. Just look from the original post.
edit:

The last picture.

vs

Last edited:

Helios

E6kvKht.png

My child
I watched with pride as you grew into a weapon of righteousness.
But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the nest of the purple-headed.
I tell you this, for when my days have come to an end,
You shall be King.

Last edited:
Reading through the current Dragon's Crown thread that started up today and I came across this comment (and another on the previous page)

jmWgQic.png

PmQqxFD.png

I've noticed this tendency in the last couple years to take words that have strong meaning behind them (Nazi, incel, misogyny, etc) and completely misuse them for innocuous things or things that the user simply dislikes that have nothing to do with the word itself.

How is it that one can reasonably argue that creating imagery that one could find sexually attractive or pleasing is an act of misogny? If I create an image of a man with the same intent am I committing misandry (even if arguing that it has "less effect")? Most works that have these sorts of elements mostly cater to one demographic because that's what the creators like and/or are trying to sell to. The argument doesn't hold water imo since if works that target heterosexual men are sexist and thus bad because they don't target anyone else then that means works that target other groups are also sexist for not targeting other groups as well.

That would mean that Dream Daddy for example is sexist because it wasn't created to cater to straight men or women.

Otome games are sexist and thus bad because they don't cater to straight or homosexual men and homosexual women.

Calling works that cater to a single group sexist and bad (but not applying the same logic to works that appeal to you) does nothing but further the pointless demonization of people who are doing nothing wrong other than existing and expressing their sexuality.

Straight people are always going to be the majority. Straight people, just like any other group of people, are going to express their sexuality whether personally or through creative works. That's just always going to be a thing. So this trend of people acting like someone creating works that appeal to them (that are straight men in this instance) is committing some mortal sin is completely pointless.

Also I noticed that in this thread people are claiming that they are merely criticizing Dragon's Crown, but I would suggest that there's a difference between criticizing something, in that it attempts to do something and could do better and arguing that something should just not exist or change to be fundamentally different from what the creator is attempting to accomplish.

If I said that I dislike the fact that Call of Duty is a first person shooter and instead should be a third person melee combat game, I don't think saying "I'm just critiquing this" is a reasonable response to someone telling me that I should play something else. In this case I am arguing against something that is a core part of the experience that the game and its creators are trying to provide. Another example would be saying that a comedy movie would be much more enjoyable if it was an action movie instead. At that point you're not really giving points for how the movie can improve on what it's trying to accomplish, but instead saying that it should just be something entirely different that suits your tastes.

At the end of this, I think it would be really cool if people could just stop hating other people for having an attraction and expressing that through creative works, and instead spend that energy creating whatever it is they personally want including things they think there aren't enough of but given what I've seen on the internet these past number of years I think that desire is a bit too optimistic.

nush

It is so weird to consider. A video game forum full of game journalists that also hates gamers and in many cases the games themselves
They crave credibility, it might have been cool to be a games reviwer and writer in your late teens but when you grow up and have repsonibilities you basically become pussy kryptonite. There's fucking no (academic) talent Youtubers out there with more fame and money they have.

brap

Banned
Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
They should go into politics than video games, maybe their interest on video games has faded already and they're just trying to scavenge whatever interest is left by smearing politics in it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
>mad gross
Stop speaking in ebonics, whitey. Also currently loling @ all the retards in the twitter feed (or whatever it's called) bitching about boomers.
BOOMER AND PROUD
FUCK RETARDERA
FUCK MILLENIALS
FUCK ZOOMERS
crybaby ass little bitches
The boomer hate is really funny since everything they worship from Marvel and Star Wars to their own leisure filled pop consumerist lives was created by boomers

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Nothing of value was learned

Oh, we're in the Twilight Zone, alright.

Reading through the current Dragon's Crown thread that started up today and I came across this comment (and another on the previous page)

jmWgQic.png

PmQqxFD.png

I've noticed this tendency in the last couple years to take words that have strong meaning behind them (Nazi, incel, misogyny, etc) and completely misuse them for innocuous things or things that the user simply dislikes that have nothing to do with the word itself.

How is it that one can reasonably argue that creating imagery that one could find sexually attractive or pleasing is an act of misogny? If I create an image of a man with the same intent am I committing misandry (even if arguing that it has "less effect")? Most works that have these sorts of elements mostly cater to one demographic because that's what the creators like and/or are trying to sell to. The argument doesn't hold water imo since if works that target heterosexual men are sexist and thus bad because they don't target anyone else then that means works that target other groups are also sexist for not targeting other groups as well.

That would mean that Dream Daddy for example is sexist because it wasn't created to cater to straight men or women.

Otome games are sexist and thus bad because they don't cater to straight or homosexual men and homosexual women.

Calling works that cater to a single group sexist and bad (but not applying the same logic to works that appeal to you) does nothing but further the pointless demonization of people who are doing nothing wrong other than existing and expressing their sexuality.

Straight people are always going to be the majority. Straight people, just like any other group of people, are going to express their sexuality whether personally or through creative works. That's just always going to be a thing. So this trend of people acting like someone creating works that appeal to them (that are straight men in this instance) is committing some mortal sin is completely pointless.

Also I noticed that in this thread people are claiming that they are merely criticizing Dragon's Crown, but I would suggest that there's a difference between criticizing something, in that it attempts to do something and could do better and arguing that something should just not exist or change to be fundamentally different from what the creator is attempting to accomplish.

If I said that I dislike the fact that Call of Duty is a first person shooter and instead should be a third person melee combat game, I don't think saying "I'm just critiquing this" is a reasonable response to someone telling me that I should play something else. In this case I am arguing against something that is a core part of the experience that the game and its creators are trying to provide. Another example would be saying that a comedy movie would be much more enjoyable if it was an action movie instead. At that point you're not really giving points for how the movie can improve on what it's trying to accomplish, but instead saying that it should just be something entirely different that suits your tastes.

At the end of this, I think it would be really cool if people could just stop hating other people for having an attraction and expressing that through creative works, and instead spend that energy creating whatever it is they personally want including things they think there aren't enough of but given what I've seen on the internet these past number of years I think that desire is a bit too optimistic.

Labeling people nazis, transphobes, sexist, racists, etc is far more destructive than anything the people they label are doing. In terms of cultural and personal/emotional impact. No one was ever harmed from a character design in a video game or all the weird bullshit they bitch about in video games nowadays. But labeling people awful stuff that isn't true can cause real life major damage to both that person and in society. They don't understand, nor do they care. Because doing so gets them the attention and social media approval they crave, and damn anyone they hurt.

Segaman fighting shower beer fans in a thread brought to you by David Lynch:

nush

Segaman fighting shower beer fans in a thread brought to you by David Lynch:

Are we witnessing the final time he goes mental at people for disagreeing with him and getting a perma? I hope so.

He made it one month before showing his ass again

Krejlooc comes back from a ban and does the classic Era "oh so sorry, I'll do better forgive me" topic.

1. It's been done many times before
2. It won't save you from your next ban
3. He's not a "used to be" asshole, but a "still is" asshole who's substituted all his personality for facts about Sega.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned

jmWgQic.png

PmQqxFD.png

I completely do not understand the panty wetting over something like this.

Surely you can just look at the art and say "nah, it's not for me"?

It's not like they have drawn something illegal here so I don't even get why there has to be ANY level of outrage?

They are just so convinced that the right thing for the videogame industry right now is to be constantly policed by these moral busybodies.
You look at the art and you say "that doesn't appeal to me" and then you vote with your wallet basically.
There doesn't have to be anything more than that.

It just seems like the height of entitlement to say "I don't like what you are doing with this game but I want to play the game so I am going to moan and complain until the game changes into something I feel comfortable playing".

Can't they just play something else?

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member

It's not like they have drawn something illegal here so I don't even get why there has to be ANY level of outrage?

They are just so convinced that the right thing for the videogame industry right now is to be constantly policed by these moral busybodies.
You look at the art and you say "that doesn't appeal to me" and then you vote with your wallet basically.

It just seems like the height of entitlement to say "I don't like what you are doing with this game but I want to play the game so I am going to moan and complain until the game changes into something I feel comfortable playing".

No. No they cannot.
In all of human history to date, there are only 11 books, 4 video games, 7 movies, 16 musical recordings, 2 TV shows and 3 sporting activities to choose from.
That's not a lot of choice or variety. Not for them, at least. Perhaps for you.

But then, you are just a piece of trash, racist homophobic, misogynist Nazi for not having any empathy for their lack of alternatives.

nush

The outrage bans were for the most part contained in rees Off Topic section. But they have burned through most of the normies that posted there. Since the E3 Pokemon topic they have realized that there is far more fresh blood and better ban hunting on the gaming side so they have migrated there to get the dopamine hit of getting someone banned for wrongthink.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

Should I be surprised that a board full of people who see no value in life beyond consuming fantasy entertainment is also full of self styled “rational atheists” lol but that kind of oblivious hypocrisy is par for the course

Diane
I feel ashamed of this sometimes.

I live only for the next movie I'm anticipating; or the next game, or comic, or book. Or for the next time I'll be out with friends. It's not that I don't like my job, it's just that I have "nothing" in life except these little things that give me joy.

I don't want children. But I always thought deep down I needed something else to live for. That's why I started writing.
Birth of a writer! When you find no joy in life and have to express that. Wonder if there is a connection between people whose jobs are just posting their own thoughts all day long and people who don’t feel life has anything to value? Maybe get a job helping other people? Writer is like the most self centered job you can have.

Board is full of self loathing narcissist consumerists no wonder the concept of God offends them.

Last edited:

Thabass

I hope that was his first girlfriend, because that's a fucking absurd reason to get into break up inducing argument.

Imagine breaking up with your girlfriend over when Fall starts. Incredible.

Banned for speaking the truth.

Kind of poetic really. They did the exact thing that person said they do. Irony is delicious.

Last edited:

Caffeine

They have had ~600 bans in a single month period, not counting people who have left on their own accord and there is a lot of delete members. Noah's Ark has cracks and its taking on water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom