• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The Sonic Fox thing is hilarious. Bending over backwards cos a cartoon fox recognizes your pronoun bullshit. These are the same people shaming video boobies but the thought of a cartoon fox fucking is some wonderful brave stance.

It would be funny if they weren’t dead serious about it. As it is, I find it genuinely disturbing.

But it does go some way to explaining the results of their “Do you believe in God?” poll. No need to believe in God but a cartoon fox fucking? You better believe we take that seriously!

Last edited:

The Sonic Fox thing is hilarious. Bending over backwards cos a cartoon fox recognizes your pronoun bullshit. These are the same people shaming video boobies but the thought of a cartoon fox fucking is some wonderful brave stance.

It would be funny if they weren’t dead serious about it. As it is, I find it genuinely disturbing.

But it does go some way to explaining the results of their “Do you believe in God?” poll. No need to believe in God but a cartoon fox fucking? You better believe we take that seriously!

Everyone worships something. They worship themselves and the DNC. That is their god. The cartoon fox is merely a prophet of their god, i.e. themselves.

lethial

Reeeeeeee

Why is it such a big deal? Who the hell is this person (non binary so I assume I'm using the correct word). Why are there so many people that care about a person who dresses up like a fucking purple fox? It's like a Chuck E Cheese character from the early 90s.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Isn't Sonic Fox a real person though?

Why is it such a big deal? Who the hell is this person (non binary so I assume I'm using the correct word). Why are there so many people that care about a person who dresses up like a fucking purple fox? It's like a Chuck E Cheese character from the early 90s.
He's good at competitive video games and wins a lot of different games at Evo. For some reason there's a really hardcore follower group of fighting game players at Resetera and they love and worship people who win games at Evo like they are living Gods. I don't know what the reason for it is, but I noticed it even before the split when those people were still here at GAF. They haven't changed, but I think the general cult fanaticism that permeates Resetera has made them even more insane after the split.

It's the same strange fanaticism that causes them to worship the ground that Disney walks on, despite Disney actually being the most ruthless modern capitalist media corporation in the world. Disney is the company which made the US amend copyright law to lifetime + 70 years and tried to force that copyright duration across the entire Pacific Rim in the now-dead TPP trade agreement. To this day, copyright + 70 years duration is referred to as the "Mickey Mouse" clause because it's sole purpose was to prevent Mickey Mouse from entering the public domain when the copyright was set to expire.

Of course, we all know who killed the TPP in the US, and mysteriously shortly after that, the remaining 11 nations party to TPP got together and signed their own version of that trade agreement with the copyright + 70 years extension clause struck, in addition to some other horrible things the US demanded like the investor-state dispute settlements (ISDS).

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Lol oh wait it’s a persons handle? I thought this was just about promoting a sonic game. Lol

I dunno I still feel the same way. I declare myself emperor king of the universe, where is my accolades?

Makes as much sense as a “non binary” person who still calls themselves a man and uses the pronoun “him”. I mean what is even the point of this, other than saying “yeah I’m just like any other dude except i’m special for pointing it out”

Like no you aren’t get over yourself.

Hey guys I don’t believe in gravity, give me a fucking cookie

Last edited:

lethial

Reeeeeeee
He's good at competitive video games and wins a lot of different games at Evo. For some reason there's a really hardcore follower group of fighting game players at Resetera and they love and worship people who win games at Evo like they are living Gods. I don't know what the reason for it is, but I noticed it even before the split when those people were still here at GAF. They haven't changed, but I think the general cult fanaticism that permeates Resetera has made them even more insane after the split.

Strange reasons to put people on pedestals but whatever. I guess this Purple Fox thing is his act and people like it *shrug*.

suikodan

I'm already banned over there for *trying* to discuss that it's not because a woman says that a man abused her that it's 100% true.

I have 2 months to think that it's either 100% true or GTFO.

About the SonicFox thing. At first he told he was gay, then he's non-binary. It look like a chain of evolution that reminds me of Pokémon...

Ryllix_

I'm already banned over there for *trying* to discuss that it's not because a woman says that a man abused her that it's 100% true.

I have 2 months to think that it's either 100% true or GTFO.

About the SonicFox thing. At first he told he was gay, then he's non-binary. It look like a chain of evolution that reminds me of Pokémon...
And just like Pokemon it's all a fantasy.

Clarissa

Banned
Is there any movie or TV series that reminds you of the people in resetera?

I keep thinking of resetera when I watch The Handmaid's Tale

brap

Banned

#Phonepunk#

Banned
TheMango55

Monday at 3:27 PM
Servbot24 said:
I have never been in a pronoun announcement circle - clearly I need to up my woke game
Same.

Is this like something you do while you say your name and something about yourself?

“I’m TheMango55, I love cooking, and I go by he/him”
:messenger_grinning_sweat:
Manu
10 minutes ago

I'm not sure if OP is aware or why the thread wasn't updated, but Natalie had to close her twitter over the shit she got over this.
oh no woke bae trans qween was cancelled? shock all around here, that's totally unlike that community:messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
What I find really funny, is that even though he goes by he (as well as they), everyone in that thread refers to him as they.

Why? If you have the option of the easier he/him.
Same reason as you can say male, but not female.

The masculine version of any noun or verb is now considered an insult. So you cannot use the feminine version of those words without them also having insulting or condescending tones.

Kagey K

Banned
I just tried to come up with something I could identify myself with but after 5 minutes my brain started to hurt and I think I have lost 20 IQ points. Fuck.
At 20 iq per hour , if you keep thinking that hard you will be on thier level in 5 years and 20 seconds.

nush

WFyUcfb.jpg

Today's hugbox topic, just wait for someone else to make another one within a few hours if this gets enough replies.

3r18y5.jpg

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned

Haha. Like clockwork. #RepresentationForSmash

Representation in Smash is probably a tricky one actually since a lot of the characters don't really have a race or gender as such.
Would you even really count characters like Star Fox as "male"?

I could definitely see the argument for more "non-white" characters since the main group of characters you could think of as being obviously human are all white.

For "more female characters though" it's like were, Samus, Peach, Daisy, Sheik, Zelda, Lucina, Zero Suit Samus, Rosalina, Palutena and Bayonetta not enough for these guys? There are other characters like Isabelle where although the character is technically a "she" I don't really see how it's "representation",

You've got a 74 character roster.
3 of those are the mii fighters so that brings you down to 71.
Of the 71 you have 33 who are non-human and that includes classifying characters like Wario, Mega-Man and Wii Fit Trainer as human (I mean, is Wii Fit Trainer even a "character"). A handful of the remaining ones have "male" and "female" alts.

At a minimum you have 10 female characters out of 38 "human" characters. If you want to add in ones like Robin and Corrin and Wii Fit where you have a female alt then you are looking at 13 out of 38. So almost half. Even then that's with me doing questionable things like thinking of Wario, Mega Man, Villager and Olimar as "men".
Actually I think Olimar and Villager have "female" alts. Plus one of the ice climbers is a chick right?
But then if you want to say Star Fox, Falco and Wolf are all men then the whole thing is fucked.

Hey this game with all these totally weird and wacky characters, ranging from Kirby to Ridley, only has 10 humanoid females! Reeeeepresentation now!

It just seems like such a needy and pointless criticism and tweeting this shit to Sakurai and trying to get a hashtag going would be "online harassment" to these people under other circumstances.

I guess I am learning the difference between "online activism" and "online harassment".

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I'll just never understand what I'm supposed to do if someone tells me their pronouns are he/they. Which one of these is now supposed to be right?

"He got in their car"
"They got in his car"

Grinchy

Banned
They both technically are.

The English language was already fucked. Don't sweat it. Call them what they want and move along.
But what is it that he wants? If both of those are correct, then why wouldn't, "He got in his car" be correct as well?

So what he wants is for some people to keep referring to him the same way they always have, and others to start randomly sprinkling they/them into conversation? And this is supposed to be celebrated? None of it makes any sense.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It is made up to be an attention whore. Why would anyone even make an announcement? Gender fluid non-binary whatever the fuck they’re called
it is basically a label that means "I'm special". first time i encountered it was an interview with Miley Cyrus, she was talking about how she is non binary and queer even though she married a straight dude, and how her unique perspective somehow transformed the age old institution of marriage into a rebellious edgy thing. even though she's just a straight woman who married a straight dude and they are both rich white crackers.

Last edited:
But what is it that he wants? If both of those are correct, then why wouldn't, "He got in his car" be correct as well?

So what he wants is for some people to keep referring to him the same way they always have, and others to start randomly sprinkling they/them into conversation? And this is supposed to be celebrated? None of it makes any sense.
The use of both he and they by someone who is non-binary is confusing to me as well. You just pick one and move along.

You all focus on the cringey and downright toxic virtue signaling, but the corporate shillery on RE is just as bad. Fuckers act like it's an aggressive informercial for certain games and companies half the time. Some people lap it up like it's an independent thought and not run through some PR team.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

9958.jpg

Fistfulofmetal
46 minutes ago
theres a difference been noticing and ogling.

Last edited:

9958.jpg

Fistfulofmetal
46 minutes ago
theres a difference been noticing and ogling.
Keep your eyes towards the ground whitey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom