• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitecrow

Banned
Reset is the consequence of natural selection.

Having an echo chamber for opinions may feel good, but having an echo chamber of bitterness will not make them any favor...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
dbl post

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
20 pages of screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeching over an optional outfit

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ig...angry-joe-chimes-in-lets-talk-about-it.69250/

At this point, Japan exists to troll Resetera. An extremely rich island nation that does whatever it wants. Reset wishes they could call them "white supremacists" but they can't.

HDmUYbb.gif

Resetera group photo:

lips-that-touch-liquor.jpg

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Let me come to aid Resetera: Alcohol makes people unreliable (even more than they are when sober), smelly, less intelligent and given a high enough dosage, transforms them into pretty disgusting living volcanos. Continued consumption can lead to health issues and can harm the development of one's children. This position of Resetera is a rational one (though one that requires citation, considering how Resetera otherwise appears to be pretty drug-positive).

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Let me come to aid Resetera: Alcohol makes people unreliable (even more than they are when sober), smelly, less intelligent and given a high enough dosage, transforms them into pretty disgusting living volcanos. Continued consumption can lead to health issues and can harm the development of one's children. This position of Resetera is a rational one (though one that requires citation, considering how Resetera otherwise appears to be pretty drug-positive).

I don't know that they are against alcohol, but my joke is that they act like a bunch of prudish, humorless, moralizing women from before prohibition.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Soros has clout, that is for sure. But looking at how he wanted to get rid of GW and failed, and now Trump, I think he’s a smart investor, but not so smart come politics.

Soros has billions and after taking one on the chin by GW, he evolved. He has been poking into European politics to hone his approach.

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2016/08/30/soros-ran-us-foreign-policy-post-coup-ukraine.html
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016...reece-support-ukraine-coup-paint-russia-enemy
https://www.npr.org/sections/parall...op-soros-laws-against-ngos-that-help-migrants

https://medium.com/@getongab/the-fa...-with-paid-shills-and-censorship-ff94f93d2ba3

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Soros has billions more than the Russian hackers, but invests in political figures, whereas they focus on the people. Breexit, Trump— he is ineffective.

I know it is off topic for this thread, so we should go back to the deplatforming one, but his NGOs aren't just targeting individuals. He is helping to fund the refugee problem in Europe as well.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
What’s this topic about again? Resetera? Love them all. Pray they see the light and start acting more civil because right now they sound like my pigs.

REEEEEE! REEEEEE!

BPahM6E_d.jpg

Those are some cute proto-bacon. So they form a cocoon and come out as bacon as the next life stage, right?

prag16

Banned
Wow that must have been super triggering to some easily trigger mod. Comment wasn't ban worth but truth.

If you don't get on board their hivemind train, they tell you where to go: https://www.resetera.com/posts/12791577/

Though to be fair that particular post... wasn't a good post. But if you check the ban reason, damn is it good. Any time when you get downplaying and inflammatory false equivalencies into the same ban reason, you hit the jackpot.

Last edited:

If you don't get on board their hivemind train, they tell you where to go: https://www.resetera.com/posts/12791577/

Though to be fair that particular post... wasn't a good post.

"Sexism" as a term has become so broad in modern times that it's difficult to keep up with how fast it expands

I fail to see how that is a bad post. It's true, terms are changing so quickly and on every offense that is hard to keep up with what is true sexism.

Edit: Unless you are talking about the post in your link?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Though to be fair that particular post... wasn't a good post. But if you check the ban reason, damn is it good. Any time when you get downplaying and inflammatory false equivalencies into the same ban reason, you hit the jackpot.

I assume it said to come here?

I will not click on their links and put money in Cerium's pocket.

bigedole

Heh, a couple posts down, it is now alt-right to think the availability of an optional bunny-suit costume shouldn't affect the score a reviewer gives a game. I just...what? I dunno, those posters are so....odd.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
"Sexism" as a term has become so broad in modern times that it's difficult to keep up with how fast it expands

I fail to see how that is a bad post. It's true, terms are changing so quickly and on every offense that is hard to keep up with what is true sexism.

"-ism"s in general have become a term so broad that it is impossible to keep track of.

Heh, a couple posts down, it is now alt-right to think the availability of an optional bunny-suit costume shouldn't affect the score a reviewer gives a game. I just...what? I dunno, those posters are so....odd.

When everything is Alt-Right to them, it becomes impossible to take anything they say with any merit.

It is all based on feelings over logic/facts now. Weaponized words.

Rememeber that Xbox Commercial with people making sounds shooting each other? Someone needs to dub their isms over it. That old lady screaming BAM at the end would be awesome to scream NAZI!

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
The safe space and basically the policy that The Names and the Little Helpers try to build remind me of The Bridge of Death:

The Names in particular remind me of The Knights who say Ni:

(Actually, they are The Knights who say REEEE) ;)

Last edited:

prag16

Banned

Edit: Unless you are talking about the post in your link?
I'm talking about the guy clearly trolling calling them SJWs. Even if he was right, it's not a 'quality post' the way it was posed, especially with the "I just wanna play games yo" comment at the end. I get where he's coming from, but there's not much reason to be in the topic trying to engage. That said the ban, and at minimum the duration, was unwarranted. (Nobody_Important to pop up to judge the ban 100% justified in... 3... 2... 1....)

I'm talking about the guy clearly trolling calling them SJWs. Even if he was right, it's not a 'quality post' the way it was posed, especially with the "I just wanna play games yo" comment at the end. I get where he's coming from, but there's not much reason to be in the topic trying to engage. That said the ban, and at minimum the duration, was unwarranted. (Nobody_Important to pop up to judge the ban 100% justified in... 3... 2... 1....)

Lol to the last part ;)

I feel the ban wasn’t warranted. But they love to clamp down on people who don’t fall 100 percent in the hive mind.

mekes

There was a thread that popped up yesterday about how Resetera is missing that special spark that GAF had, and that the forum was overly negative. It stayed open for about 3 minutes. Only a few replies, a couple saying to leave, one agreeing and one give Era some time comment. The user base is definitely fractured on the current state of the site, which you can see in the above linked thread too.

Some users over there are completely in the deep end tho. I’m seeing people I used to chat with in the old MMA thread years back that are trying to bait people into saying something more about their views on misogyny, race relations etc. Normally against honest seeming, liberal posts. It’s so negative and unwelcoming that it’s hard to believe they are the people I used to enjoy chatting shit with. Madness. The place is so draining, not a place to spend any spare time if you value your sanity.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Simply stunning

Jesus. People say shit I know for a fact they wouldn't say in the presence of those they're talking about. Regardless of how you feel about Evilore, slander and accusations like that are pathetic.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apparently the newest gaf/era spinoff is called MetaCouncil and will be open to new members soon.

How many times can we splinter? Its getting funny lol

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Well the thing about MetaCouncil is that its self moderated. Apparently if you downvote or report a post enough then the user will be actioned. There are no traditional mods.

So it should be more chill than Era. And more crowded than here. But only time will tell.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Well the thing about MetaCouncil is that its self moderated. Apparently if you downvote or report a post enough then the user will be actioned. There are no traditional mods.

So it should be more chill than Era. And more crowded than here. But only time will tell.
There's an aggregate site called N4G that once used a similar system years ago: users could upvote or downvote comments and this was directly tied to however many "bubbles" you had. A "bubble" was the total number of comments you could make on an article. So, users who made a lot of popular comments would be able to speak more about an issue. Trolls, spambots, and drive-bys had fewer bubbles and couldn't post as much. This was done on a per-thread basis.

The only problem: N4G was your typical online website. Mob-mentality took over. For a time, the posters with the highest bubble count were people who praised 360 and shat on PS3. After several years, that turned around and the PS3 fans became dominant. What's amusing is that the content of the posts never really changed. People who posted pro-[console] content were able to post more of it and the people who posted drive-bys only needed 1 or 2 posts to derail a thread anyway. The limit meant almost nothing to them. The people caught in the middle -- those with strong but genuine opinions -- were chased off the site for liking the wrong console at the wrong time.

It was never -- at any point that I could see -- a "fair" system. People simply used backchannels to snipe who they wanted to silence.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There's an aggregate site called N4G that once used a similar system years ago: users could upvote or downvote comments and this was directly tied to however many "bubbles" you had. A "bubble" was the total number of comments you could make on an article. So, users who made a lot of popular comments would be able to speak more about an issue. Trolls, spambots, and drive-bys had fewer bubbles and couldn't post as much. This was done on a per-thread basis.

The only problem: N4G was your typical online website. Mob-mentality took over. For a time, the posters with the highest bubble count were people who praised 360 and shat on PS3. After several years, that turned around and the PS3 fans became dominant. What's amusing is that the content of the posts never really changed. People who posted pro-[console] content were able to post more of it and the people who posted drive-bys only needed 1 or 2 posts to derail a thread anyway. The limit meant almost nothing to them. The people caught in the middle -- those with strong but genuine opinions -- were chased off the site for liking the wrong console at the wrong time.

It was never -- at any point that I could see -- a "fair" system. People simply used backchannels to snipe who they wanted to silence.

You beat me to this post. Agreed.

If you have ever been on the discords you will know that there are groups of backseat mods that hunt in packs and report users on era .....pretty sure the new site will eat itself in half the time it's taking era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom