• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Speaking of the Valkyria Chronicles thread, this is relevant:
yikestteo8.png
But two of these are exceptional, even for The Names:

dsdss-png.551371

upload_2018-9-26_11-52-42-png.551391

Imagine the logical hoops The Names go through to justify such bans. ''Oh dear, this hits close to home because i have a PlayStation/am Trans/i protect a poster that loves wrestling''.
emo.gif
emo.gif
emo.gif

But hey, if you tell that wrestling fan: ''Dude, I mean this with no sarcasm or irony, you need to chill out. Just relax. I've seen many posts by you across this forum and you're always just so wound up. It's not healthy, you can't be like this 24/7. A person can't spend their time constantly on edge like this.'' and you get replied back with: ''Your concern is greatly overstated and unnecessary.'' despite (as of this moment) having 24.672 posts since October 25, 2017, it obviously means everyone else besides you is in the wrong.
nick_young_confused2.png

emo.gif
emo.gif
emo.gif

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Redneckerz Redneckerz

Goodness, that VC4 thread was a slaughterhouse. So much hate for a videogame on a videogame forum.

Too bad they'll miss out on a good game.
Being upset because some virtual ass is being slapped upon instead of own ass. I am joking ofcourse.

I can think of better ways to enjoy my week.

Like seeking counseling.

Or just playing the damn game.

But i guess acting fragile online and isolated offline is something quite a few people are into.

:messenger_winking:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
yikestteo8.png
But two of these are exceptional, even for The Names:

dsdss-png.551371

upload_2018-9-26_11-52-42-png.551391

Imagine the logical hoops The Names go through to justify such bans. ''Oh dear, this hits close to home because i have a PlayStation/am Trans/i protect a poster that loves wrestling''.
emo.gif
emo.gif
emo.gif

But hey, if you tell that wrestling fan: ''Dude, I mean this with no sarcasm or irony, you need to chill out. Just relax. I've seen many posts by you across this forum and you're always just so wound up. It's not healthy, you can't be like this 24/7. A person can't spend their time constantly on edge like this.'' and you get replied back with: ''Your concern is greatly overstated and unnecessary.'' despite (as of this moment) having 24.672 posts since October 25, 2017, it obviously means everyone else besides you is in the wrong.
nick_young_confused2.png

emo.gif
emo.gif
emo.gif

How is that false equivalency? It is the same thing. Ree gonna Ree.

nick_young_confused2.png

That is a lot of heated discussion over a stupid meme. Christ.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

How is that false equivalency? It is the same thing. Ree gonna Ree.
It literally is, but since men are (in their minds) less heckled by the issues that women face (Despite the fact that yes, men suffer from the same issues under transitioning or #metoo, see Terry Crews) and are in general more often in powerful positions than women, they feel its a false equivalent.

In reality, The Names are pushing an agenda and not hiding it at all. At this point, i wish they would just quit pretending that they are something that they aren't. Just admit that there is an agenda.

Ofcourse, that will cost them members, so that kind of transparency (Besides self-proclaiming to be a transparent stronghold) is too close to home.

This kind of hypocrisy should actually be punishable by law, imo.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seeing a clusterfuck of a thread like that, I really have to wonder how anyone not completely indoctrinated in "the cause" could not be thinking that Ree is madhouse. I mean, another 20 odd bans for not being sufficiently offended, especially since its not that long since the infamous CDPR tweet thread where the exact same shit happened!

I know there have to be Resetera posters reading this, I'd LOVE to hear an explanation as to why you're putting up with a regime that is as demonstrably unhinged as this!

From the Kavanaugh hearing thread.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/se...y-9-27-at-10am-et.71273/page-11#post-13153448

7GcgJhq.jpg

The Democrats can be their worst enemy sometimes. What's funny is Kavanaugh is actually suppose to be a George Bush tier moderate. But now he will be just as right-wing as Clarance Thomas when this circus is over.

Keep it up. The supreme court is the most important thing ever, even moreso than the Senate and the President. Trump needs to appoint as many Judges as he mortally can.

Edit: It's not 100% Reset related, but I finally caught the latest Trump press conference and he literally BTFO all the hypocrites who call him a fascist.

It starts at 42:30

Amy Barrett will probably get in if Kavanaugh has to recuse himself. She's also considered much further right than Kavanaugh is. She's already been vetted and was one of the finalist so there's no real dirt to dig up (that anyone knows of).

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Oh my, the Valkyria bans are quite something. It would probably be best if the just made a disclaimer in the op "This is an outrage thread. Rage or go." Less work for the mods...

Seeing a clusterfuck of a thread like that, I really have to wonder how anyone not completely indoctrinated in "the cause" could not be thinking that Ree is madhouse. I mean, another 20 odd bans for not being sufficiently offended, especially since its not that long since the infamous CDPR tweet thread where the exact same shit happened!

I know there have to be Resetera posters reading this, I'd LOVE to hear an explanation as to why you're putting up with a regime that is as demonstrably unhinged as this!
I literally gave up on posting in those type of threads after I received a ban for apparently downplaying racism in the "Ciri" thread for saying that I think that the casting agents should've just put out the casting call for all ethnicities and that way avoid a "scandal" in the first place, like I even said that I would love to see an Asian play Ciri, and that I'm fine with whichever choice as long as the actress is doing a good job, but nope, 1 week ban. Now I'm more like a Khajiit just posting in the B/S/T thread and avoiding huge outrage topics completely. Mindfreak has the wares if you have the coin. :D

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Well to be fair the mods are fairly consistent when it comes to their view of drive by troll posts. Especially ones in threads concerning sensitive topics. And that certainly sounds like it qualifies if that's all the poster said. So to me that's a reasonable assumption for someone to make.

If they actually explained why they think people should believe him after they said that then yeah that's different.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Well to be fair the mods are fairly consistent when it comes to their view of drive by troll posts. Especially ones in threads concerning sensitive topics. And that certainly sounds like it qualifies if that's all the poster said. So to me that's a reasonable assumption for someone to make.

If they actually explained why they think people should believe him after they said that then yeah that's different.

I found it more amusing that they were looking for anyone siding with Kavanaugh to rage at. I'll agree that the one poster they pointed out is probably a troll if what was quote is all they said. I didn't read through the thread to see the actual post from the pro Kavanaugh guy.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I found it more amusing that they were looking for anyone siding with Kavanaugh to rage at. I'll agree that the one poster they pointed out is probably a troll if what was quote is all they said. I didn't read through the thread to see the actual post from the pro Kavanaugh guy.
Oh I see what you were saying now. That's my bad. I misunderstood and focused on the wrong part.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Go permed from Era the other day for calling out the idiotic CA bullshit community manager. Im convinced that most people don't really believe in that puritan sjw bullshit, but they love to make threads to bait people to mob on them and get them banned.

I hope people don't get triggered at this and start insulting japanese people is somehow ban worthy. Think about this for a second. I know everyone on this thread gave them shit at some point for whatever reason, but this is unbelievably stupid even for Resetera.

Ribi

I hope people don't get triggered at this and start insulting japanese people is somehow ban worthy. Think about this for a second. I know everyone on this thread gave them shit at some point for whatever reason, but this is unbelievably stupid even for Resetera.
how dare you use the word triggered! Don't you know thats an alt right made word to refer to liberals when we are right?

Disgusting

Whitecrow

Banned
Hi guys. Go permed from Era the other day for calling out the idiotic CA bullshit community manager. Im convinced that most people don't really believe in that puritan sjw bullshit, but they love to make threads to bait people to mob on them and get them banned.
Hi. You can stop echoing and now you are allowed to have your own opinion. Welcome.

Melubas

Those bans from the Valkyria Chronicles thread is insane, just blatantly insane, and I find it really scary what kind of community it will create when differing opinions on such a thing aren't allowed. I browse both Era and Gaf, Era mostly for the gaming forum since I like it, but I'm more and more feeling that I don't want to support this.

Whitecrow

Banned
Honestly, I wonder how unconscious one must be to not notice the morality nacism Era is built on.

Is absolutely the worst forum I have ever seen in my life.

Redneckerz

Oh my, the Valkyria bans are quite something. It would probably be best if the just made a disclaimer in the op "This is an outrage thread. Rage or go." Less work for the mods...
Those bans from the Valkyria Chronicles thread is insane, just blatantly insane, and I find it really scary what kind of community it will create when differing opinions on such a thing aren't allowed. I browse both Era and Gaf, Era mostly for the gaming forum since I like it, but I'm more and more feeling that I don't want to support this.
The thing about VC4 and ERA's response to it: Its literally purposefully attempting to cause a scene. This is what happens directly after the NPC talked about checking out her behind andsubsequently grabbing the ladies ass:

40GEOiO.gif

The rest of the group cheers her for doing that. Hell, the group already premonitioned in advance to the guy that he better not do that. This is completely lost on ERA and The Names.

So what happens is that ERA looks at that scene and actually stops caring right at the moment when that NPC's hand grabs her ass, and subsequently ignores the aftermath (The consequence) of the NPC doing that gesture.

Because what does the OP say? ''Even worse, the perpetrators of these sexist acts face no punishment.''

They are deliberately ignoring consequences to the action made, thus deliberately ignoring and even lying about the context, to advance a narrative.

Its misleading AF and clearly the intent is to advance the ''We hate everything that involves women being seen as attractive'' narrative.

But when one veteran user literally points this shitty behavior out, he gets served a permban for ''User Banned (Permanent): Downplaying concerns of sexism and harassment as "outrage"; history of severe infractions.''
emo.gif

With the way ERA is drooling over Bowsette, they are in direct violation of their own rules. After all, they are objectifying a female character there, even when Bowsette is fictional.

That kind of irony never gets lost upon me: ERA acts in full outrage when a virtual fictional character stands up for herself when being objectified in their eyes, but it is totally okay with drooling over a virtual fictional character being placed in soft-erotic situations and which gets totally objectified by Mario/Luigi/Bowser.

The Names don't want to contribute to a transparent bonfire, they just want you to shut up and listen to the perils of pretentious fragile individuals who never came close to being in a responsible position of authority. Now these people finally can, and you see what happens.

Honestly, I wonder how unconscious one must be to not notice the morality nacism Era is built on.

Is absolutely the worst forum I have ever seen in my life.
Imaging asking how a discussing like the VC4 one is possible if you disagree with the OP or try to dismiss it as per The Names policy. Oh wait, someone did ask just that:
''Sorry for the quote....but how can you have a discussion under such condition (threat really)?
Basically a moderator stated that if you don't agree with the OP message or you dismiss it in any way you are banned.''

But that user soons finds out that common sense (Namely, actually finishing the entire scene instead of stopping it right after the assgrab moment) is not appreciated here, since the user who started that very outrage thread was showcasing ''well laid out concerns'' according to this user responding to him. Oh, and because he is new ofcourse, so obviously he does not get ''it''.
''You’re new here, so you may not know but yes - that’s how it works. Arguing in bad faith or dismissing legitimate and well laid out concerns about social issues in games (like that in the OP) is bannable, as it should be. One of the reasons this community is great.

OT: that is some heinous shit. I don’t really recall anything similar in the original either.''
nick_young_confused2.png

You read that correctly. That user is literally okay with the policy that The Names ban anyone that dares to view the entire scene and put it into context. Because why do that? That's abnormal. You are supposed to stop the video right after the assgrab and not be blinded by the vilifying context that comes afterwards.

You literally can't geniunely make this shit up. These folks are so incredibly dense that they incorporate a new element on the periodic table.
emo.gif

Or, TLDR:
m7RYtm2.jpg

Last edited:

Yoshi

The thing about VC4 and ERA's response to it: Its literally purposefully attempting to cause a scene. This is what happens directly after the NPC talked about checking her ass and grabbing the ladies ass:

40GEOiO.gif

The rest of the group cheers her for doing that. Hell, the group already premonitioned in advance to the guy that he better not do that. This is completely lost on ERA and The Names.

So what happens is that ERA looks at that scene and actually stops caring at the moment when that NPC's hand grabs her ass, and subsequently ignores the aftermath (The consequence) of the NPC doing that gesture.

They are deliberately ignoring consequences to the action made, thus deliberately ignoring context, to advance a narrative.

Its misleading AF and clearly the intent is to advance the ''We hate everything that involves women being seen as attractive'' narrative.

But when one veteran user literally points this shitty behavior out, he gets served a permban for ''User Banned (Permanent): Downplaying concerns of sexism and harassment as "outrage"; history of severe infractions.''
emo.gif
WTF? In the OP it says
Even worse, the perpetrators of these sexist acts face no punishment.
It is more than deliberately leaving out context, it is lieing about the context.

Yoshi

Added that part in, just for completeness sakes. :)
Keep in mind it is not the Resetera guy I am blaming here, other than relaying false information unknowingly. The author of the article at VG247 is making this up. THis is one ugly case of bad journalism.

ILLtown

Someone started a thread to ask people what the most inappropriate thing they've said it work is. One user replied with the following: -
Told one of my workers to get back to work and stop wasting time and she replied with a, “or what?” Told her with a straight face not to talk back or next time I’d knock her bitch ass out.

That’s probably one of my best ones.

Aaaaaand of course.....
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate joke involving violence towards women.

This led to quite a few users saying that the ban was ridiculous, so a moderator turned up and locked the thread, leaving the following comment: -
Wow what happened in here?

Guys it's honestly baffling that this thread got derailed to this degree over a tiny three day ban. In retrospect this thread probably should have been locked from the start and yes that's on us. But the post that was banned seemed gratuitously violent and over the top – a pretty routine report like the hundreds we process every day. After a standard review accounting for context the length was set to three days. There hardly seems any point in lifting it now that it’s almost expired.

In general, threads asking for the worst thing you can think of do not mean that the rules are suddenly suspended and anything goes. That should be obvious but it's been a misconception in the past.

As far as we can tell nobody sent us any PM or email about this and that's really disappointing. We would've been happy to get in here sooner.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/most-inappropriate-thing-you’ve-said-at-work.70946/

Why does anyone bother posting on such a site? I don't get it. It's run by utterly humourless nutjobs.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Keep in mind it is not the Resetera guy I am blaming here, other than relaying false information unknowingly. The author of the article at VG247 is making this up. THis is one ugly case of bad journalism.
I am going to REEEasonably assume that the GAF community can read the context from the thread, should they need to. ;)

Someone started a thread to ask people what the most inappropriate thing they've said it work is. One user replied with the following: -

Aaaaaand of course.....

This led to quite a few users saying that the ban was ridiculous, so a moderator turned up and locked the thread, leaving the following comment: -

https://www.resetera.com/threads/most-inappropriate-thing-you’ve-said-at-work.70946/

Why does anyone bother posting on such a site? I don't get it. It's run by utterly humourless nutjobs.
That's their modus operandi - When too many complaints are directed at staff:
  • Temp locked: ''We are reviewing its contents and re-open it if needed.''.
  • If re-opened, it says: ''Thread re-opened. Please stay on topic. Subsequent derails will be actioned accordingly/be met with bans.''
  • Perma locked: ''After deliberation, we decided to keep this thread closed.''
In both cases, this default message is usually (with variations) added in: ''If you have any comments about staff, moderation or the policy, please do so in a PM.''

What they don't tell you: ''...so we can ignore it, but we are marking you for a ''history of something'' as precaution.''

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well, the people there chose their path.

The good thing is that with the needed time, they will learn an important lesson.

Will they though? Well maybe the good ones who are masochist clinging onto that place walking on eggshells will finally wake up, but the usual perps, they only become more embolden in their lunacy.

Last edited:

Ribi

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is a thread about fortnite boob physics that paint women as attractive figured and no one has gotten banned there.... sweet Nicole and fiction have a day off?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but there is a thread about fortnite boob physics that paint women as attractive figured and no one has gotten banned there.... sweet Nicole and fiction have a day off?

Maybe it is a honeypot? Racking up the post counts first.

Last edited:

wvnative

The hilarious part is, they are their own worst enemy. The shit people have been highlighting in this thread, it's imo exactly how someone like Trump got elected. People are HORRIFIED of what the extreme far left of communities like Resetera represent. That VC4 thread is only a tiny fraction of the insanity.

dionysus

Yaldog
The sad thing is Era has an active VC4 thread, even if it is idiotic, which made me realize it is released on PC which led me to buy it. GAF's VC4 thread hasn't had a post since yesterday for a brand new game. "Quantity has a quality all of its own."

GAF definitely getting better over time though, but the gaming side still needs more active posters. I don't miss 3/4ths of posts being one liners like old gaf. I am hoping for a happy middle ground.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I will never understand these prudes... why does a little jiggle in a game trigger them? I've seen enough modern music videos to know that there is plenty of jiggling going on in those too...

Because she is a trans woman. That is where you can draw the first mindset of "offensive". Some of them like to pretend or actually in their minds believe, this is how all women think. You know, all those porn stars, strippers, prostitutes, music video girls, actresses, models, etc., that relish in that behavior. But shhh, they have no agency there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom